corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa Sport / other Corsa forum discussion (was PVS pics by Adam-D)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa Sport / other Corsa forum discussion (was PVS pics by Adam-D)
Scotty C

User status: Offline
8th Jun 07 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian has split it and this has turned into discussion about other Corsa sites
Ben G

8th Jun 07 at 00:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Monster
Ian has split it and this has turned into discussion about other Corsa sites

yes i realise that now, but when your half asleep and pics disappear from your eyes, you start getting worried
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Jun 07 at 00:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, other thread is in GC with the old title.
Cosmo

8th Jun 07 at 00:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH I dont see the problem with Ian making money from this site if he wished to.

He is the one who set it up and kept it running, putting countless hours (years!) into it. He was the one who has provided the facilities to attract new members to the site and kept old ones around.

If he is providing what he should at events (which I beleive he is) and is providing a decent site which people are making use of, then why are poeple complaining where the extra money goes, as they are easily getting their monies worth.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

8th Jun 07 at 00:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
TBH I dont see the problem with Ian making money from this site if he wished to.

He is the one who set it up and kept it running, putting countless hours (years!) into it. He was the one who has provided the facilities to attract new members to the site and kept old ones around.

If he is providing what he should at events (which I beleive he is) and is providing a decent site which people are making use of, then why are poeple complaining where the extra money goes, as they are easily getting their monies worth.

that was my point exactly!
Ben D

8th Jun 07 at 00:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with Cosmo, the membership fee's worth it to me just to help keep the Site running as i spend countless hours on here whether it be Sharing a common interest in car's, Banter or Recieving help/info about my Car(s), I've not even been to a show with CS yet but that's just a bonus in my eyes!

even if Ian is making a little profit it would hardly be a vast amount considering the amount of time he puts into the site (as do other staff) and it's well deserved
Steve X16XE

8th Jun 07 at 00:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dee
one of the Corsa B members saved my bacon by lending me a bucket so I could wash my car,

Erm. I gave out 25, 2L bottles of water to people so they could wash their cars at the show.

I'm not looking for feed back. I'm just saying that.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

8th Jun 07 at 00:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah yeah ok steve so i owe you 17p

stop making such a big deal about it!!!!
Steve X16XE

8th Jun 07 at 00:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham

Supply and demand mate. £5 each please.
Cosmo

8th Jun 07 at 00:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve X16XE
quote:

Ian will give you it, he is loaded
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

8th Jun 07 at 00:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

thats extortion!!!
didnt you use my pump?
Scotty C

8th Jun 07 at 00:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dee
one of the Corsa B members saved my bacon by lending me a bucket so I could wash my car,

Erm. I gave out 25, 2L bottles of water to people so they could wash their cars at the show.

I'm not looking for feed back. I'm just saying that.

You're a lovely lad.
Steve X16XE

8th Jun 07 at 00:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok then. £4 from you. £5 from everyone else
Steve X16XE

8th Jun 07 at 00:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Monstaaaa
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

8th Jun 07 at 00:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its £20 to use my pump! except for GAZ who gets it free for the input he put in on the pimp tent
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Jun 07 at 01:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can we keep it roughly on-topic chaps.
Eck
Premium Member

8th Jun 07 at 01:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by Dee
I know this seems a bit cheeky, but why doesn't anyone else question where the money goes?

Obviously servers cost top dollar to run and CorsaSport is run off a decent one which is great, then you have the cost of the flags which have already been paid for, which is great, then there is Ians time which is mostly spent hunting down Ojc and banning his ex girlfriends.

But then the motorvan and floodlights and generator, who benefits from this apart from Ian? Do CS members get to sleep in the motorvan? Do people have a rave under the floodlights?

CS is getting larger, the revenue that is taken in is getting larger but you don't see anymore money being spent.

Banned.gif
A fair few people made use of the facilities, which are there for all. If people choose not to come over then so be it. I didn't see you on the Sunday, so I didn't offer you food or a drink. Likewise I assume you walked around the dark bit of the camp site as the organisers had overlooked to illuminate a few thousand pissed up boy racers.

We have a lot of money and I don't mind spending it on things that are generally useful. If you want some input in to where the money is going then you're welcome to it. Its never been a big secret. We just buy stuff. Metal stakes and tape for marking out the stand. Suncream - you seen the price of that these days? Surprised me. Additional parasols for more shade on the stand. Just things I see and think 'that'll work'.

I'm not about to be dishonest about anything, but I'm also not about to justify every single penny pinch purchase by democratic election. It slows the process and introduces discontent where it doesn't need to be. If anyone isn't happy then they can take it up publically or privately, whichever is good, but the place is run by people where the buck stops and while I deal with the moderation hassle all day long for you and your pseudonyms, I would also like to exercise some control over the finance.

Until anyone tells me otherwise, I'll assume I'm doing an OK job at both, which is why I was thinking today about what to do about the Dee account. I still stuck on that for the record, and I'll welcome your input. But really, whatever comes out of that one is fairly long-lasting.

[Edited on 08-06-2007 by Ian]

I think cs supplies saved ne from sun stroke (Willay was the hero).
Steve X16XE

8th Jun 07 at 01:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Can we keep it roughly on-topic chaps.

I don't think there is much more to say. Everyone who have/had a problem has voiced it.

No brown nose intended here, but i think you guys did a great job at the show. Cars were organised. Everytime i came back to the stand you hadn't moved. Meaning you missed the strip and the women.

No one has mentioned about the spec sheets that all cars had. Ok did cost the earth, but i did't see any other stand supplying that.

I'm sure if there was something else that you could have supplyed you would have used the CS money for that.

I bet you even have more plans for next year and more of our money will be spent on that.

All in all
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

8th Jun 07 at 01:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be honest steve is right i didnt really many other stands have spec sheets!

and you let me keep my cs board that it was attached to so

i will definatly be attending more shows with corsasport if i'm allowed and will be rejoining premium
Dee
Banned

8th Jun 07 at 06:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, my questions have been answered I will now go on my merry way.
ianww

8th Jun 07 at 06:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looked at all the corsa sites and this is the only one i use and i pay premium as well and have to say good luck to Ian if he make s out of it im a mod on a phone site and tis a night mare sometimes as well let alone running a site as well

rarely post on here like to read the banter
Rob_Lee
Banned

8th Jun 07 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsasport was by far the best stand at PVS and seems to be every year ive been to shows.

Ive never been on corsasport stand or use any of the decent benifitd but still pay membership fees becuase i use this site alot and i like to contribute to its running/up keep becuase its a good site and i like coming on here.

I couldnt give a shit if its spent on fake tan or motorhomes for Ian!

I dont think that corsa xyz or what ever should be joined with corsasport, their cars were absolute shite imho!

just my 2p
jr

8th Jun 07 at 07:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Lee
Corsasport was by far the best stand at PVS and seems to be every year ive been to shows.

Ive never been on corsasport stand or use any of the decent benifitd but still pay membership fees becuase i use this site alot and i like to contribute to its running/up keep becuase its a good site and i like coming on here.

I couldnt give a shit if its spent on fake tan or motorhomes for Ian!

I dont think that corsa xyz or what ever should be joined with corsasport, their cars were absolute shite imho!

just my 2p

willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

8th Jun 07 at 08:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mad love from rob
jr

8th Jun 07 at 08:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa Sport / other Corsa forum discussion (was PVS pics by Adam-D) 22 database queries in 0.0170839 seconds