corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa Sport / other Corsa forum discussion (was PVS pics by Adam-D)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa Sport / other Corsa forum discussion (was PVS pics by Adam-D)
Haimsey
Premium Member

User status: Offline
4th Jun 07 at 11:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
I'll take this to u2u with you VXR.

its a dual

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
jr

4th Jun 07 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my view, so not taking sides with anyone

IMO corsasport should aim to work with corsa b, corsa gsi and corsa 2 corsa etc to make the meets/shows be much better in genrall for all parties taking part

if we had 150 cars, instead of 100, it would be better for everyone, more space, more cars, more £££ to put into show stuff (were we the only club that had flags,stickers, a net connection at pvs ?)

all the other CORSA sites do direct attention away from cs, but there is also the feeling of beeing much more in a comunity with the smaller sites where everyone knows everyone etc, i can see that point, but it would be much nicer to take on the big clubs in terms of members etc
Daimo B

4th Jun 07 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Next round.

Migweb Vs Vauxsport Vs VXLSCC

Because they all are aimed for all Vauxhalls........

Personnally, I thought it was about the cars, not about which team your swinging on.

Therefor if someone came on Mig from VXLSCC, wouldn't see no "oooo your from another site" type moans there.

Anyhoo, get a better camera Adam D Can't see no pointy nipples or nowt....
Dee
Banned

4th Jun 07 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its his hobby, fair enough I say.

CorsaSport has more than enough members.

Corsa C takes away more members from CorsaSport, thats shown by the fact Ian registered Corsa D domain name so it redirects to CorsaSport
jr

4th Jun 07 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

migweb and vauxsport are at too diffrent ends of the vauxhall spectrum, allthough i do question why it came about
Daimo B

4th Jun 07 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See now thats desperate....

What if someone wanted to start a Corsa D owners club...

Still, ita ll about hoarding I guess. Why do millionaires need more money.

Swings and roundabouts.

Saying nothing, just pointing it out.

[Edited on 04-06-2007 by VXR]
jr

4th Jun 07 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they do, it had 3 cars on its stand, what would have been better though IMO is that they could have come on CS stand ?
Dee
Banned

4th Jun 07 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Why do millionaires need more money.

Saying nothing, just pointing it out.

Its so CS gets more Premium Members and Ian can hire a larger motorvan and some industrial floodlights.
jr

4th Jun 07 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

4th Jun 07 at 11:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We are aiming for a blimp next year.

Dont forget about the free stickers, balloons, flyers, food, drink, sun cream, chairs and whatever else was there
jr

4th Jun 07 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in all seriousness though, dont you think it would be better to have one large corsa stand with alot more quantity and quality of cars, instead of 5 smaller ones
loubielou

4th Jun 07 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont think anyone should knock their efforts. if they want their own stand then why shouldnt they? they might want to try an get a name for themselves, get more recognition then try and expand. nothing wrong with that when corsasport still has hundreds of members and alot of interest
willay
Premium Member

4th Jun 07 at 11:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lou you have a good point, as mentioned by jr if we all put our effort together we could come up with something bigger and better.
Dee
Banned

4th Jun 07 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know this seems a bit cheeky, but why doesn't anyone else question where the money goes?

Obviously servers cost top dollar to run and CorsaSport is run off a decent one which is great, then you have the cost of the flags which have already been paid for, which is great, then there is Ians time which is mostly spent hunting down Ojc and banning his ex girlfriends.

But then the motorvan and floodlights and generator, who benefits from this apart from Ian? Do CS members get to sleep in the motorvan? Do people have a rave under the floodlights?

CS is getting larger, the revenue that is taken in is getting larger but you don't see anymore money being spent.

Banned.gif
jr

4th Jun 07 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dee
then there is Ians time which is mostly spent hunting down Ojc and banning his ex girlfriends.

Dee
Banned

4th Jun 07 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loubielou
i dont think anyone should knock their efforts. if they want their own stand then why shouldnt they? they might want to try an get a name for themselves, get more recognition then try and expand. nothing wrong with that when corsasport still has hundreds of members and alot of interest

Absolutely SPOT ON, perfect. And I thought you were just a pretty face who all the boys wanted a piece of pie from.
willay
Premium Member

4th Jun 07 at 11:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dee - servers cost money all the time, bandwidth and rack space isnt free and costs money every month. We have some of the best hosting you can get.

I had a space in the camper van but didnt use it in the end
Tom

4th Jun 07 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe they want to keep their little tight-nit- community to themselves

Maybe they set it up because they didn;t like where cs is going, who knows?

I didn't go though so am just being silly
willay
Premium Member

4th Jun 07 at 11:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I appreciate everyones opinion on this, none of them are incorrect what so ever.

I still think they'd benefit from joining up with us for the show season, but its a free world so let them do as they wish.
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

4th Jun 07 at 11:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I personally think the van is a great idea, I dint get to sleep in it, I didn't even go inside it but it provided a central point for the stand and the corsasport section of the campsite, making the area very easy to find at all times.

If it wasn't for the van, flag and lights in the camping area, it would have taken me and lots of others a hell of a lot longer to find the corsasport lot.

A big thanks to all the organisers from me as well, I think you did a great job guys, and I definitely want to be back next year!
Dee
Banned

4th Jun 07 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes
I personally think the van is a great idea, I dint get to sleep in it, I didn't even go inside it but it provided a central point for the stand and the corsasport section of the campsite, making the area very easy to find at all times.

If it wasn't for the van, flag and lights in the camping area, it would have taken me and lots of others a hell of a lot longer to find the corsasport lot.

A big thanks to all the organisers from me as well, I think you did a great job guys, and I definitely want to be back next year!

The blimp idea would be excellent, could I fly it? That way you wouldn't need the van anymore as a blimp is more identifible.
willay
Premium Member

4th Jun 07 at 11:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know your favorite hero had a blimp.
loubielou

4th Jun 07 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also, everyone has to start somewhere
Daimo B

4th Jun 07 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wasn't most of the corsa clubs setup at the time of Vibrio and all that lot ruining CS (Why many people left)? So isn't CS actually the cause?

Bandwidth is expensive, but didn't Tim get free racking space and other bits?

In fact, this is getting into a whole new subject, so im not getting involved in that.

My say, people are free to setup whatever club they want.

When I setup the LMS stand, no-one moaned about it, but we had some of the best cars on there I also posted pictures, not 1 forum said anything about taking market membes away from their clubs/forums?
Dee
Banned

4th Jun 07 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

INFACT, next year LMS are going to have a stand again. Daimo, me and you will sort this. We have a year to get it started.

Loads of feature cars on that stand and some excellent conversion cars.

Lets get it done.

[Edited on 04-06-2007 by Dee]

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa Sport / other Corsa forum discussion (was PVS pics by Adam-D) 23 database queries in 0.0151799 seconds