corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa Sport / other Corsa forum discussion (was PVS pics by Adam-D)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa Sport / other Corsa forum discussion (was PVS pics by Adam-D)
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

User status: Offline
4th Jun 07 at 11:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be honest Oliver, the amount of work Ian and the rest of the guys put into this website and into organising PVS for us, I have no problem what so ever with them having the luxury of a camper vanb, although I still stand by my previous comment and think it provides a central area for the stand.

As for the inflatable blimp, that will be unique amongst the stands and a brilliant idea IMO.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

4th Jun 07 at 11:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Bandwidth is expensive, but didn't Tim get free racking space and other bits?

Tim use to work for a company that provided him with rack space and bits, however its now 2007 and not 2001 so we are now located in a proper datacentre in Central London, one of the most expensive places to host equipment FYI.
Dee
Banned

4th Jun 07 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
i know your favorite hero had a blimp.

Lazy Town, Sporticus?
loubielou

4th Jun 07 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dee
quote:
i know your favorite hero had a blimp.

Lazy Town, Sporticus?

Dee
Banned

4th Jun 07 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by VXR

Tim use to work for a company that provided him with rack space and bits, however its now 2007 and not 2001 so we are now located in a proper datacentre in Central London, one of the most expensive places to host equipment FYI.

Who are 'we'

willay
Premium Member

4th Jun 07 at 11:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

willay
Premium Member

4th Jun 07 at 11:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we - Corsasport.co.uk
Eck
Premium Member

quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes
To be honest Oliver, the amount of work Ian and the rest of the guys put into this website and into organising PVS for us, I have no problem what so ever with them having the luxury of a camper vanb, although I still stand by my previous comment and think it provides a central area for the stand.

As for the inflatable blimp, that will be unique amongst the stands and a brilliant idea IMO.

I agree100%. With the amount of work that is put into this website, and the shows (from what I saw, it wasn't easy getting everyone on the stand in the right place) I don't mind at all paying a little bit (doesn't exactly break the bank does it) to help this site grow.
Dee
Banned

4th Jun 07 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

M'kay, I'm a nosey badger and like to know where YOUR money is going thats all.
willay
Premium Member

4th Jun 07 at 11:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my money goes on sweets and dr pepper.
Dee
Banned

4th Jun 07 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My money goes on rusty Vauxhalls
willay
Premium Member

4th Jun 07 at 11:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got the mud off?
Dee
Banned

4th Jun 07 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
got the mud off?

Yes, thanks to Corsa-B member
willay
Premium Member

4th Jun 07 at 11:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thank god for corsa-b
Daimo B

4th Jun 07 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by VXR

Tim wasn't doing CS servers in 01, im not even sure if he was a board member by then Soprry for not keeping tabs on CS members and their equipment

Go to a cheaper datacenter then? All you needs a room, some good cooling, and some racks. You lot are all engine monkies, you should build something from old engine bolts n stuff. Add a Corsa air con unit, proper Scrapyard Challanage styleee...

LMS stand, I need a budget, im going to hire the Red Arrows.
willay
Premium Member

4th Jun 07 at 12:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why go to a cheaper datacentre then? dont our members deserve the best in quality, bandwidth, speed, power, uptime and so on? this isnt MIG you know
Daimo B

4th Jun 07 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see your point.

Seriously though, datacenter is about maintaining it? Paying for a DC in London is reserved usually for like large law firms, banks, insurance etc...

Build a barn on your farm, add in 5-10 Corsa air con units, charge Ian 4/5 of what the London one does, your quids in....
willay
Premium Member

4th Jun 07 at 12:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if only.
Andrew

4th Jun 07 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like Paul (the owner of corsa-b), he's sound. But i see Willays point, why not join up at shows. corsa-b and Corsa GSI are just copies of corsasport and will never be as big in my opinion.

I see Paul's reasoning behind corsa-b as it will look good on his cv and he can use it for his final year uni project but as with regards Corsa GSI -- what's the point? Sam doesn't even own a Corsa. Only reasoning behind it is for banned members of corsasort such as Lee Leg to use.
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Jun 07 at 00:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dee
I know this seems a bit cheeky, but why doesn't anyone else question where the money goes?

Obviously servers cost top dollar to run and CorsaSport is run off a decent one which is great, then you have the cost of the flags which have already been paid for, which is great, then there is Ians time which is mostly spent hunting down Ojc and banning his ex girlfriends.

But then the motorvan and floodlights and generator, who benefits from this apart from Ian? Do CS members get to sleep in the motorvan? Do people have a rave under the floodlights?

CS is getting larger, the revenue that is taken in is getting larger but you don't see anymore money being spent.

Banned.gif
A fair few people made use of the facilities, which are there for all. If people choose not to come over then so be it. I didn't see you on the Sunday, so I didn't offer you food or a drink. Likewise I assume you walked around the dark bit of the camp site as the organisers had overlooked to illuminate a few thousand pissed up boy racers.

We have a lot of money and I don't mind spending it on things that are generally useful. If you want some input in to where the money is going then you're welcome to it. Its never been a big secret. We just buy stuff. Metal stakes and tape for marking out the stand. Suncream - you seen the price of that these days? Surprised me. Additional parasols for more shade on the stand. Just things I see and think 'that'll work'.

I'm not about to be dishonest about anything, but I'm also not about to justify every single penny pinch purchase by democratic election. It slows the process and introduces discontent where it doesn't need to be. If anyone isn't happy then they can take it up publically or privately, whichever is good, but the place is run by people where the buck stops and while I deal with the moderation hassle all day long for you and your pseudonyms, I would also like to exercise some control over the finance.

Until anyone tells me otherwise, I'll assume I'm doing an OK job at both, which is why I was thinking today about what to do about the Dee account. I still stuck on that for the record, and I'll welcome your input. But really, whatever comes out of that one is fairly long-lasting.

[Edited on 08-06-2007 by Ian]
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

8th Jun 07 at 00:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as far as im concerned ian is more than welcome to make money from this site!

and i know for a fact he's not cheap when i comes to funding for corsa sport events

and those metal stakes he metioned went to good use on saturday night
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Jun 07 at 00:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dee
Maybe people aren't happy with the way a certain website is run and they have a bunch of people that agree with them so off they trot and set up their own website and live happily ever after.
Which sounds lovely, but if there's a problem here I would like to fix it here. I don't go and set up a computer company every time I want a new computer.
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Jun 07 at 00:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dee
quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Why do millionaires need more money.

Saying nothing, just pointing it out.

Its so CS gets more Premium Members and Ian can hire a larger motorvan and some industrial floodlights.
No, when I've enough I'm buying one instead of hiring.
Ben G

8th Jun 07 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

somethingsd gone wrong in this thread one second i was looking at pics and then poof
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Jun 07 at 00:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Wasn't most of the corsa clubs setup at the time of Vibrio and all that lot ruining CS (Why many people left)? So isn't CS actually the cause?

I think you're right about members spoiling stuff, that has definately caused people to leave.

Also the rack space, yes we used to get it free when it was with Tims old employer, then they started charging, then upped the price a few times, then we moved. Its not been free for a fair few years now.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa Sport / other Corsa forum discussion (was PVS pics by Adam-D) 22 database queries in 0.0170991 seconds