corsasport.co.uk
 

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » DUMP VALVE


New Topic

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.


Author DUMP VALVE
LABTEC
Member

Registered: 16th May 07
Location: Nottingham
User status: Offline
16th May 07 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does any one know if their is a dump valve avaliable for 1.3 cdti 53 plate corsa sxi i have looked but can only find 1.7 1.9 ect please help

[Edited on 16-05-2007 by LABTEC]
C4RL0
Member

Registered: 30th Sep 06
Location: Cumbria
User status: Offline
16th May 07 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the dump valves i've heard on diesels sound poo, unless you are creating a lot of pressure.
Whittie
Member

Registered: 11th Aug 06
Location: North Wales Drives: BMW, Corsa & Fiat
User status: Offline
16th May 07 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could get one of those "Fake" dump valves.......
flybikeslee
Member

Registered: 2nd Jan 07
Location: Liverpool
User status: Offline
16th May 07 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LABTEC
Member

Registered: 16th May 07
Location: Nottingham
User status: Offline
16th May 07 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for your replys, I have looked into the fake dump valves and i am not going their,regards pressure how would i increase this
LABTEC
Member

Registered: 16th May 07
Location: Nottingham
User status: Offline
16th May 07 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how do you create more pressure, or would a blow off valve be better i have never heard of one but someone was on about it on this forum,
quote:
Originally posted by C4RL0
the dump valves i've heard on diesels sound poo, unless you are creating a lot of pressure.
Superlite Ltd.
Member

Registered: 9th Jan 07
User status: Offline
16th May 07 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't fit a dump valve to a diesel?!

There is no throttle plate????
How the hell would that work?
Superlite Ltd.
Member

Registered: 9th Jan 07
User status: Offline
16th May 07 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

external wategate will work

but
C_O_R_S_A___B
Member

Registered: 17th Jul 06
Location: Thornley, County Durham
User status: Offline
16th May 07 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think it all has to do with the compressions that petrol and diesel engines run at - the diesels run at lower (normally) so have not got as much pressure to build up and dump - hence why the dump valve sounds poo - as for blow off valve - i thort this was the same thing as dump valve - some-one correct me and tell me i'm rong - unless i'm not!! haha!!

Jon
Superlite Ltd.
Member

Registered: 9th Jan 07
User status: Offline
16th May 07 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C_O_R_S_A___B
i think it all has to do with the compressions that petrol and diesel engines run at - the diesels run at lower (normally) so have not got as much pressure to build up and dump - hence why the dump valve sounds poo - as for blow off valve - i thort this was the same thing as dump valve - some-one correct me and tell me i'm rong - unless i'm not!! haha!!

Jon


Wrong

Dump valves dump boosted air from the inlet when the throttle plate is closed. Diesel engines run at much higher boost as standard than petrol engines BUT there is no throttle plate.

[Edited on 16-05-2007 by Superlite Ltd.]
LABTEC
Member

Registered: 16th May 07
Location: Nottingham
User status: Offline
16th May 07 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it just the 1.3 cdti that you can not fit a dump valve to , because you can get them for a 1.7 and 1.9 diesel cheers
quote:
Originally posted by Superlite Ltd.
You can't fit a dump valve to a diesel?!

There is no throttle plate????
How the hell would that work?
C_O_R_S_A___B
Member

Registered: 17th Jul 06
Location: Thornley, County Durham
User status: Offline
16th May 07 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a-ha - thanks mate - i was totally on the wrong end of the stick - never mind!! cheers for clearing that one up then - ignore me - i am a bozo!! haha!!

Jon
Superlite Ltd.
Member

Registered: 9th Jan 07
User status: Offline
16th May 07 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well they are not a real dump valve then

Won't do you any good
LABTEC
Member

Registered: 16th May 07
Location: Nottingham
User status: Offline
16th May 07 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for your reply

quote:
Originally posted by Superlite Ltd.
Well they are not a real dump valve then

Won't do you any good
LABTEC
Member

Registered: 16th May 07
Location: Nottingham
User status: Offline
16th May 07 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Superlite Ltd.
external wategate will work

but

so what is one of these then never heard of this
Superlite Ltd.
Member

Registered: 9th Jan 07
User status: Offline
16th May 07 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its in the exhaust manifold. It dumps exhaust gas and makes a hell of a sound.

Adam F has one on his nova C20LET, as well as a screamer pipe.
LABTEC
Member

Registered: 16th May 07
Location: Nottingham
User status: Offline
16th May 07 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Superlite Ltd.
Its in the exhaust manifold. It dumps exhaust gas and makes a hell of a sound.

Adam F has one on his nova C20LET, as well as a screamer pipe.


does it make the same noise as a dump valve,what about performance is that altered.I am looking for a new exhaust but agian hard to find one for diesel that does not sound naff
Superlite Ltd.
Member

Registered: 9th Jan 07
User status: Offline
16th May 07 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds much better than a dump valve. Do a search on youtube for Simon Norris' evo. That has a massive external wastegate....listen to it

They dont do anything to performance, but you will have to change your turbo.....which will change performance. Reason is that your turbo already has an inernal wastegate so you have to buy an upgraded one.

Were talking megga bucks here fella
LABTEC
Member

Registered: 16th May 07
Location: Nottingham
User status: Offline
16th May 07 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Superlite Ltd.
Sounds much better than a dump valve. Do a search on youtube for Simon Norris' evo. That has a massive external wastegate....listen to it

They dont do anything to performance, but you will have to change your turbo.....which will change performance. Reason is that your turbo already has an inernal wastegate so you have to buy an upgraded one.

Were talking megga bucks here fella


Thanks mate i will check it out, Is their such a thing a a decent back box for a diesel that does not sound rubbish, my mate has one and it sounds like the old diesels, loud not a nice sound ie"a tank"

[Edited on 16-05-2007 by LABTEC]
Superlite Ltd.
Member

Registered: 9th Jan 07
User status: Offline
16th May 07 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't polish a turd mate

You can change it to a nice looking stainless box but it will never sound great
LABTEC
Member

Registered: 16th May 07
Location: Nottingham
User status: Offline
16th May 07 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Superlite Ltd.
You can't polish a turd mate

You can change it to a nice looking stainless box but it will never sound great


cheers mate i will scrap that idea just bought the car i was just looking for a few tweeks for it, Its quite nippy now but it needs that little bit more,Do not want to mod it too much due to insurance
Superlite Ltd.
Member

Registered: 9th Jan 07
User status: Offline
16th May 07 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have 70bhp or so at the moment

I'd suggest a remap for best gains
LABTEC
Member

Registered: 16th May 07
Location: Nottingham
User status: Offline
16th May 07 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Superlite Ltd.
You have 70bhp or so at the moment

I'd suggest a remap for best gains


Sorry to sound thick quite new to this what is a remap
Superlite Ltd.
Member

Registered: 9th Jan 07
User status: Offline
16th May 07 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It changes the setting on the engines computer.

Makes it go faster...costs 400 odd
LABTEC
Member

Registered: 16th May 07
Location: Nottingham
User status: Offline
16th May 07 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Superlite Ltd.
It changes the setting on the engines computer.

Makes it go faster...costs 400 odd


is this like having it chiped, or is this where you take it in to be performace tuned

  <<  1    2  >>
New Topic

New Poll

  Related Threads Author Forum Replies Views Last Post
TIGRA TURBO bubble General Chat 80 2374
27th Mar 04 at 15:21
by bubblevaux
 
Can you fit a dump valve to a Turbo Diesel? hazey-corsa General Chat 10 722
16th Oct 04 at 06:17
by AdamF
 
Dump Valves corsa_boi Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice 35 1277
27th Oct 04 at 22:02
by Corsa_Carl
 
Rach's Astra GSi Turbo Ojc General Chat 138 3613
18th Jan 06 at 21:53
by MarkM
 
How to fit a TD dump valve Linch Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice 3 449
10th Nov 06 at 21:19
by kurtofcc
 

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » DUMP VALVE 27 database queries in 0.0268040 seconds