corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Dump Valves

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dump Valves
ed

User status: Offline
26th Oct 04 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by muppetsport
the engine i bought was once re-built by regal. have over 4k's of recipts with it when i bought it. ive re-built it once already back as std and it went again due to a dodgy fuel pump and a dodgy injector (had them cleaned aswell before running) this time ive spent on proper things. steel rods, forged low comp pistons, these oil spray bar things, water injection, proper injectors etc etc.

hopefully this time it will last a bit longer........maybe.

all im comparing it to is me old valver nova me and me mates built about 5 years ago. it ran for 3 years, every day, no problems at all. engine had done 150k + when it went in and over 200k when i took it out to scrap the shell for rusty bits.

That would be the problem.
J da Silva

26th Oct 04 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with Ed, if you start having work done by shoddy chancer's your bound to have a few problems.
ed

26th Oct 04 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The £4k's worth of reciepts would actually total up to around £1k if you went elsewhere too... Mechanics and engineers should concentrate on engineering, not making a brand name for thier workshop or company.
J da Silva

26th Oct 04 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is another comany that is now attempting this, and I've had to stop using them as their slack trading is gettting them a bad name.
miles

27th Oct 04 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The LET is fair more vunerable than an XE, obviously.

There are more things to go wrong, and due to the nature of turbo engines, little problems wouldn't matter if it was n/a, lead to melt down.

Fueling is the main cause of problem on these.
corsa_boi

27th Oct 04 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I understand wot uz r sayin about problems wit the LET, but thats wot u hav 2 put up wit,yeh sum LET'S wil b in very gd condition and others will b in gd condition but sumwhere down the line ur guna hav problems and it will take sum ££ to get the problem fixed, but thats the price u pay for havin a LET, sum u may hav loads of problems n sum u just may hav a few problems but they wil all take sum money out of ur pockets....
But about the intercooler, wot bout the wrc one off v-tunning for £460, is that a gd one or has any1 got any otha ideas??
J da Silva

27th Oct 04 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Miles no doubt if you thrash them and mistreat them, things are bound to going wrong at some point, things turbo related aren't an issue on XE's obviously, but they are not a 'soft' engine, there is no such thing.
miles

27th Oct 04 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My idea's of mistreating an engine are to drive it hard from cold, and not to look after it with regular oil and filter changes etc. Things can go wrong whilst looking after it easily.

Factor in the extra temp, torque and power, and the fact the turbo'd engines will always melt if you get a problem, and XE's would take alot more to make them...

These are 10 year old + engines to start with.
J da Silva

27th Oct 04 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah always let mine idle for about 5-10mins before leaving the house.
Check oil every weekend, monitor air fuel mixture with every detail.
miles

27th Oct 04 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Idling isn't good for an engine. Apparently it leads to glazed bores. I think its best just to take it easy until the oil is up to temp.

No such thing as a soft engine when you consider what they do, but it depends what you compare it to.
Corsa_Carl

27th Oct 04 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ye erm i dont no fuk all about dumpvalves really but LMAO AT ADAM KINDNESS'S PIC LMAOOOOO NICEEEE

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll