corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » running x16xe on x14xe loom and ecu

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author running x16xe on x14xe loom and ecu
martin945

User status: Offline
   12th Apr 07 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all, I have just fitted a x16xe into my corsa but put in on the 1.4 loom and ecu, its also got debalis throttle bod's on it,
The car doesn't rev over 5k and sounds asif its a limiter, engine management light is also on, egr valve is blanked of and another sensor is but i'm not sure wot it is, is there anything i need to do to the left over plugs of the loom?

PLEASE HELP!!!!!
martin945

12th Apr 07 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The other sensor blanked of is next to the egr on the standard inlet.

Thanks
Corsa Phil 666

12th Apr 07 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My car is using 1.4 loom but 1.6 ecu as it's got a better map. EGR valve sensor t the back of the inlet manifold cn be disconneted without probs. Mine has. The vacuum valve part of the egr near the pasenger side suspension turret can be disconnected (hose wise) but not electrically as it'll bring up a fault code.

It sounds like your car has gone into 'limp' mode. EGR cannot cause this. What other sensor is disconnected? Crank sensor and camshast sensor ok? Are you using ll the same sensors that came with the loom? Also is your knock sensor ok? I.e. torqued up correctly. This could cause 'limp' mode.

Also did you use the 1.4 injector loom. (i.e. the looms splits in half at the big blue connecter. Are you using the 1.4 part?) Could be anything. I know this sounds obvious but hve tried the paper clip test?
Robin
Premium Member

12th Apr 07 at 20:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loom is the same, ECU is different.
andyc1234

12th Apr 07 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

warren had a problem with ecu's the other day. something about the knock sensor wiring being different on the older and newer engines . what year is the car and what year engine have you put in .
Warren G

12th Apr 07 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that was with an earlier 1.4 ecu (94) with a later 1.4 ecu loom (99)
andyc1234

12th Apr 07 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just thinking if he has the older loom and the newer engine it might be different somehow
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

13th Apr 07 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there are 3 differnt types of loom, main difference being the knock sensor wiring.
Corsa Phil 666

13th Apr 07 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I believe some have 1 wire knock sensors others have 3 wires. Could be wrong. I know on some you hve to chnge some wires in the blue plug to make up for the difference. It would help if we knew the fault codes.
martin945

13th Apr 07 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the loom and ecu is from a 1996 corsa, engine is from an x reg car, i'm not sure what the knock sensor is? will my car have a knock sensor or is it only on later cars?

I don't know the name of the other sensor disconected but it is next to the egr on the standard inlet and is not the one with the tiny plug, if that helps.

the small loom on the end of the big blue conector is the newer one from the 1.6
martin945

13th Apr 07 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i plug the 1.6 ecu into my 1.4 loom the engine turns but won't start, am i right in thinking the knock sensor cuts the fuel to the engine and stops it starting? and if my car does not have a knock sensor because it is an older car that may be why it won't run with the newer 1.6 ecu becuase it thinks its missing?

thanks for all the comments so far

[Edited on 13-04-2007 by martin945]
Corsa Phil 666

14th Apr 07 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's a tiny 1 wire connector next to the egr valve on the inlet that'll be the knock sensor. You need that connected other wise you car will be forever in limp mode. The knock sensor is usually black and round with a bolt through it. It's just bolted to the engine block under neath the plastic water pipe at the back of the engine. Your car should have a knock sensor. All 1.4 16v did i believe.

When you plug in the 1.6 ecu do you change the transponder and the chip in your key otherwise it'll never start because of the immobiliser. Providing the ecu is from a car manu'd after 1995.

New Poll