corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » played both on 40" 1080p and 1080i..Re: PS3 & 360

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author played both on 40" 1080p and 1080i..Re: PS3 & 360
topshot_2k
Banned

User status: Offline
13th Apr 07 at 07:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by abdus
I paid £350

and only for the Blu Ray, it's worth it

IMO

would have been better saving for a standalone, IMO
topshot_2k
Banned

13th Apr 07 at 07:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rus
quote:
Originally posted by Steve
how do you mean? the hardware on all 360 consoles is the same bar the hardisk size which doesnt affect how the programmers make games anyway?

nah, because microsoft still sell the core version (with no harddrive). developers have to create there 360 games under the impression that the user doesn't have that. so they can't use the hard drive for things like unlimited save data and improved load times. so they can't use the harddrive to help with the performance.

and also there limited to dvd9 (dual layer dvd) space. so they have to compress audio, textures, polygon models etc. Still at around 9gb theres enough space for the time being, but within the years delevopers will need more room to fit these bigger levels and more detailed models, xbox's dvd9 is limited. Were as the ps3's harddrive and 50gb blueray can hold so much more for future content. meaning for example, bigger and more detailed textures = better looking games. and when they start delevoping games that steam textures, audio etc.. (gears of war) for the ps3, its going to be interesting.

[Edited on 13-04-2007 by Rus]

HD DVD can also store 50gig, originall 25-30 was thought to be the max.

so your argument is pointless. 360 will have 120gig HDD and HDMI cable soon,
Munchie

13th Apr 07 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if new xbox has hdmi output, will this be the same as it is now?obviously now its component/VGA connection (not hdmi) so, will there be a major difference?

thing is...just bought a core unit and bought a VGA output cable to connect to my LCD monitor and 32" samsung R74 TV (will be used mostly on my LG monitor though)

will i get better quality on the VGA connection compared to the component?!

cheers
Rus

13th Apr 07 at 07:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
tbh they will just program the games to take advantage of the harddrive if its ther, not just leave out any use entirely. Also if we did feel the 20gb didnt hold enough, easy enough to fit the 120gb out the elite

quote:
Originally posted by Rus
developers have to create there 360 games under the impression that the user doesn't have that.

There not going to make a game that isn't compatable with core versions of the xbox. they have to make the game compatable with all xbox's

quote:
9GB will easy outlast the lifespan of both consoles until each console is replaced

will it? i doubt it.

quote:
And if streaming content is your thing, just look at the memory bus the ps3 has, 1/3rd of the bandwidth of the 360

this has been concluded before. i can't be arsed to search through but have a look in there and you'll realize that your 360 figures mean nothing http://www.blachford.info/computer/Cell/Cell0_v2.html
Rus

13th Apr 07 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by topshot_2k
quote:
Originally posted by Rus
quote:
how do you mean? the hardware on all 360 consoles is the same bar the hardisk size which doesnt affect how the programmers make games anyway?

nah, because microsoft still sell the core version (with no harddrive). developers have to create there 360 games under the impression that the user doesn't have that. so they can't use the hard drive for things like unlimited save data and improved load times. so they can't use the harddrive to help with the performance.

and also there limited to dvd9 (dual layer dvd) space. so they have to compress audio, textures, polygon models etc. Still at around 9gb theres enough space for the time being, but within the years delevopers will need more room to fit these bigger levels and more detailed models, xbox's dvd9 is limited. Were as the ps3's harddrive and 50gb blueray can hold so much more for future content. meaning for example, bigger and more detailed textures = better looking games. and when they start delevoping games that steam textures, audio etc.. (gears of war) for the ps3, its going to be interesting.

read it again
Steve
Premium Member

13th Apr 07 at 07:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rus
quote:
tbh they will just program the games to take advantage of the harddrive if its ther, not just leave out any use entirely. Also if we did feel the 20gb didnt hold enough, easy enough to fit the 120gb out the elite

quote:
Originally posted by Rus
developers have to create there 360 games under the impression that the user doesn't have that.

There not going to make a game that isn't compatable with core versions of the xbox. they have to make the game compatable with all xbox's

quote:
9GB will easy outlast the lifespan of both consoles until each console is replaced

will it? i doubt it.

quote:
And if streaming content is your thing, just look at the memory bus the ps3 has, 1/3rd of the bandwidth of the 360

this has been concluded before. i can't be arsed to search through but have a look in there and you'll realize that your 360 figures mean nothing http://www.blachford.info/computer/Cell/Cell0_v2.html

my figures never doubted the cell was a faster processor, but that is useless without a decent memory bus, and the 360 has a better gpu and 3 GENERAL purpose cores
Rus

13th Apr 07 at 07:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
my figures never doubted the cell was a faster processor, but that is useless without a decent memory bus, and the 360 has a better gpu and 3 GENERAL purpose cores

http://www.blachford.info/computer/Cell/Cell0_v2.html
Nath

13th Apr 07 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

:yawn:
Steve
Premium Member

13th Apr 07 at 08:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i read most of that earlier. Like i said its good at number crunching, but graphically the 360 still draws X amount of triangles more
topshot_2k
Banned

13th Apr 07 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rus
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Rus
quote:

read it again

could use either more than 1 disk, anyway Gears of war used a lot less than that and looked stunning
abdus

13th Apr 07 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

topshot_2k, GTF out of here with your lame comments and explanataion...Go...go....quick
topshot_2k
Banned

13th Apr 07 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why because GoW used half the amount of a DVD and your dragging up all the same arguments again
abdus

13th Apr 07 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go go.....quick...go
Rus

13th Apr 07 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
why because GoW used half the amount of a DVD

true, but imagine that x10 on a blueray disc and the ability of using a harddrive to help the process.

thats what the ps3 is capable of. thats what i've been trying to say
Steve
Premium Member

13th Apr 07 at 09:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the amount of storage space a DVD can hold is more than adequate to fulfil both machine capabilities.

It wont be until the next generation of consoles until games need more than a DVD tbh
topshot_2k
Banned

13th Apr 07 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not needed, there is no game out there that needs 50gig and certainly not in this generation of consoles. Plus its only storage, it doesnt stop the fact that the 360 has GPU etc
dave17

13th Apr 07 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PS3 will takeover the 360 in a few years, i can see it now. When that happens il buy one, not in a rush now though
Steve
Premium Member

13th Apr 07 at 09:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dave17
PS3 will takeover the 360 in a few years, i can see it now. When that happens il buy one, not in a rush now though

hardly, doesnt have the hardware to be any better, its only advantage is its processor, but falls down in so many other areas, it will never really be any better
dave17

13th Apr 07 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rus has good points.
Steve
Premium Member

13th Apr 07 at 09:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

indeed, but it will never be any better than the 360, maybe marginally, but i read somewhere someone predicted that may take 2 years+ to happen

who will care in 2 years? something else will be in the pipeline
Nath

13th Apr 07 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly, the 360 will be 4 years old in 2 years, there will be a new Xbox something or other in the pipeline by then.
topshot_2k
Banned

13th Apr 07 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PS4

[Edited on 13-04-2007 by topshot_2k]
Nath

13th Apr 07 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's all about the PS4, priced at ONLY £575.
topshot_2k
Banned

13th Apr 07 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

with digital freeview, toaster and actual wireless controllers
cunningham

13th Apr 07 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

xbox fanboys lol

topshot they are wireless controllers what you on aboot

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll