corsasport.co.uk
 

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa makeing noise when turning!


New Topic

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.


Author corsa makeing noise when turning!
hitman2k
Member

Registered: 27th Aug 03
Location: West Midlands
User status: Offline
5th Apr 07 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hiya guys collected car from sq plus! yesterdat drove it home from manchester! took me 3hours getting back dam traffic lol

anyway seems to make a noise when i'm turning car! when i turn right?? cant figure out what it is! its not a knocking noise more like grrrrhh if that helps lol also steering is slighty heavier when turning right aswell makes more noise when u turn when your stationary then it does when car is on the move?

any ideas what it can be??


i mean its been makeing noise for a while driveing from manchester and back!

any advice would be great!

its a corsa c 1.2....
jay kay
Member

Registered: 22nd Jan 06
Location: West Midlands
User status: Offline
5th Apr 07 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wheel bearings most likely id think
hitman2k
Member

Registered: 27th Aug 03
Location: West Midlands
User status: Offline
5th Apr 07 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jay kay
wheel bearings most likely id think



thats what someone else has told me how easy 2 change etc?? do it your self ??
Superlite Ltd.
Member

Registered: 9th Jan 07
User status: Offline
5th Apr 07 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wheel bearing would make a noise all the time. I have had 2 of them go lol!

More like power steering belt or something.
hitman2k
Member

Registered: 27th Aug 03
Location: West Midlands
User status: Offline
5th Apr 07 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Superlite Ltd.
wheel bearing would make a noise all the time. I have had 2 of them go lol!

More like power steering belt or something.



got someone comeing to look at it 2mrw if i get a chance 2day will jack it up and wobble wheel to see if it has any play and if it does most be the bearing!

was told by someone normally when they first go starts off when turning noise and eventually when you are driveing striaght!
Superlite Ltd.
Member

Registered: 9th Jan 07
User status: Offline
5th Apr 07 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by hitman2k
quote:
Originally posted by Superlite Ltd.
wheel bearing would make a noise all the time. I have had 2 of them go lol!

More like power steering belt or something.



got someone comeing to look at it 2mrw if i get a chance 2day will jack it up and wobble wheel to see if it has any play and if it does most be the bearing!

was told by someone normally when they first go starts off when turning noise and eventually when you are driveing striaght!


play in steering would be tie rod end lol
hitman2k
Member

Registered: 27th Aug 03
Location: West Midlands
User status: Offline
5th Apr 07 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Superlite Ltd.
quote:
Originally posted by hitman2k
quote:
Originally posted by Superlite Ltd.
wheel bearing would make a noise all the time. I have had 2 of them go lol!

More like power steering belt or something.



got someone comeing to look at it 2mrw if i get a chance 2day will jack it up and wobble wheel to see if it has any play and if it does most be the bearing!

was told by someone normally when they first go starts off when turning noise and eventually when you are driveing striaght!


play in steering would be tie rod end lol



i mean if i jack car up and wobble wheel if it wobbles that means it bearing rite???

tbh i dont know what it is if its tie rod end that easy enuff to change??? a machanic should be able to know striahgt away ?
Hoddo
Member

Registered: 7th Nov 06
Location: Wallisdown, Bournemouth
User status: Offline
5th Apr 07 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My rear left makes a grumble when I hard steer right, its started doing intermittent whistling / squealing, and during idle vibrations make it squeak!
nyzrox
Member

Registered: 19th Jan 06
Location: Nottinghamshire Drives: MK4 Astra GSi
User status: Offline
5th Apr 07 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got a same sort of problem, the noise comes from the power steering system.... it might be your steering rack. mine was fine but i bent it and replaced it with 1 from a scrappy and problem started from there... my steering is heavier when turning right.... do you find the wheel doesnt return bang on centre aswell?

I know for a fact its not my wheel bearing or tierod end aswell as my stepdads a mechanic and fixed the car for me. i actually snapped the trackrod and bent the steering rack and wishbone... it will be your steering rack or power steering...

[Edited on 05-04-2007 by nyzrox]
lozacorsa
Member

Registered: 19th Feb 07
Location: Bristol, Avon!
User status: Offline
5th Apr 07 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Gf had this problem.. He car was still under warrenty and so we sent it back and it was the steering rack..

Hope this helps mate and Good Luck
nyzrox
Member

Registered: 19th Jan 06
Location: Nottinghamshire Drives: MK4 Astra GSi
User status: Offline
5th Apr 07 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thought so, i payed 35 for mine with trackrods and ends so im not moaning tbh...

id rather that then fullwack new one
hitman2k
Member

Registered: 27th Aug 03
Location: West Midlands
User status: Offline
5th Apr 07 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nyzrox
ive got a same sort of problem, the noise comes from the power steering system.... it might be your steering rack. mine was fine but i bent it and replaced it with 1 from a scrappy and problem started from there... my steering is heavier when turning right.... do you find the wheel doesnt return bang on centre aswell?

I know for a fact its not my wheel bearing or tierod end aswell as my stepdads a mechanic and fixed the car for me. i actually snapped the trackrod and bent the steering rack and wishbone... it will be your steering rack or power steering...

[Edited on 05-04-2007 by nyzrox]



it turns back 2 centre okay! just when im turning! and is alot quiter when car is moveing stationary it makes more noise am puzzled now lol!


mine is a Corsa C not b!

[Edited on 05-04-2007 by hitman2k]
nyzrox
Member

Registered: 19th Jan 06
Location: Nottinghamshire Drives: MK4 Astra GSi
User status: Offline
5th Apr 07 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know its a C check ccuk, i posted back and see i drive a SRi'ed C

It will be your steering rack mate... cant see it being CV joint...
hitman2k
Member

Registered: 27th Aug 03
Location: West Midlands
User status: Offline
5th Apr 07 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nyzrox
i know its a C check ccuk, i posted back and see i drive a SRi'ed C

It will be your steering rack mate... cant see it being CV joint...



really hope its bearing or tierod ! how much for rack and how easy 2 fit??
nyzrox
Member

Registered: 19th Jan 06
Location: Nottinghamshire Drives: MK4 Astra GSi
User status: Offline
5th Apr 07 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IF its the rack, i can only assume it is... as i have a problem along the lines of yours...

rack brand new i forgot i think 100+ im sure it was and 2/3 hours labour @ a garage...
hitman2k
Member

Registered: 27th Aug 03
Location: West Midlands
User status: Offline
5th Apr 07 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nyzrox
IF its the rack, i can only assume it is... as i have a problem along the lines of yours...

rack brand new i forgot i think 100+ im sure it was and 2/3 hours labour @ a garage...


The steering wheel has been off a few times?? can that cause anything had dash trimmed changed stalk :S as you can probally tell not good with machanical sides of things!
_Crispy_
Member

Registered: 26th Aug 06
Location: northants
User status: Offline
6th Apr 07 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

slight chance it could be driveshaft, mine used too do that sort of noise and eventually it kept poopin out
VegasPhil
Premium Member

Avatar

Registered: 16th Jan 05
Location: Fareham, Hants Drives: Octavia VRS
User status: Offline
6th Apr 07 at 18:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CV Joint?


Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold

 
New Topic

New Poll

  Related Threads Author Forum Replies Views Last Post
Crank Crank Noise In Suspension On One Side mtcmedia Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice 10 852
22nd May 03 at 20:33
by Mikorsa16v
 
What could be wrong? Phil McGlassup Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice 5 631
19th Oct 05 at 20:37
by Rob_Corsa
 
Grinding noise from Corsa XE PAS (belt driven) JoeyB Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice 3 733
23rd Apr 06 at 13:22
by NotMyCorsa
 
1.4 sport vibration/grinding noise when turning right matchuckle Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice 1 1167
1st Nov 06 at 20:20
by matchuckle
 

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa makeing noise when turning! 28 database queries in 0.0204291 seconds