corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Reducer pipe for Magnex half system

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Reducer pipe for Magnex half system
Solitary_Echo

User status: Offline
1st Apr 07 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Urgent help guys. I need a step down pipe to fit my Magnex exhaust. This is turning into a f**king disaster. i wish i had never brought it. I basically have a Magnex half of a full system. No centre box, just a tailpipe, backbox and a pipe that end halfway towards the centre box! Out of the 27 garages i have visited this week, 1 has said they will fit it for me. But i need the reducer/step down pipe for the pipe going off the back box to be welded onto the original pipe going to the centre box. I've found the step down pipes on the Magnex website...

Which do i need?

http://www.magnexexhausts.com/acatalog/Universal_Silencers.html

You may need to scroll down to the bottom

Any help would be greatly appreciated, i'm at my wits end

[Edited on 02-04-2007 by Ian]
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Apr 07 at 11:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Title edited for a better response.

Measure the diameter of both pipes.

Also where abouts are you? There may be other members who can recommend garages who don't mind a bit of welding as opposed to fast fit type places who get scared when you mention doing anything a bit difficult.
Solitary_Echo

1st Apr 07 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anywhere around the High Wycombe area! Lol cheers for the edit Ian! Was in a bit of a mood when i first posted If anyone knows the diameter of the original pipe from the backbox to the centre that would be awesome, i can measure the one on the magnex!
Solitary_Echo

1st Apr 07 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right guys, i measured my new Magnex backbox pipe against the original pipe in which i have to connect it to. they are diff sizes! (Don't ask..i accidently/stupidly brought part of a full system *sigh*)

Backbox pipe diameter = 2.36 ''
Original corsa pipe in which the backbox must connect to = 1.77 ''

I need to buy a universal adaptor from Magnex, but usefully they don't make one the exact size i need it!

Should i go for:

a 2.25 Inch down to 1.750 Inch adaptor

OR

a 2.25 Inch down to 1.875 Inch adaptor

It will be welded on i imagine, does this make any difference at all....This is really urgent and any help on the matter will be greatly appreciated as i need to order an adaptor tonight!
Solitary_Echo

1st Apr 07 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have just found a Savage adaptor which is 2.5'' down to 1.77''...If its being welded would this matter so much?
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

1st Apr 07 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need a 2.25" to 1.75" adaptor.
Solitary_Echo

1st Apr 07 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you sure i need a 2.25? The diameter of the magnex pipe from the backbox to the centre box is 2.36..thats a lot bigger :S
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

2nd Apr 07 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you have failed to mention wether the dimensions are internal bore or external.

just measure the pipes properly and see what fits.
Solitary_Echo

2nd Apr 07 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can't measure them properly can i....if i take off the pipe which will take a gd while which i really dont have at the moment, i probably won't get it back on, meaning i wont be able to drive to work...i was just hoping somebody knew..The magnex is definately 2.36 internally which leaves me with a bit fo a situation doesnt it...

New Poll