corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Magnex cat Back NEEDS FITTING :(:(:(

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Magnex cat Back NEEDS FITTING :(:(:(
Solitary_Echo

User status: Offline
29th Mar 07 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey guys this will sound mightily stupid....

I bidded for a Magnex 6x4 on ebay, second hand but in good condition.

Obtained it for £30

Just received it and its actually a Cat back system (Clearly the bloke had no idea what he was actually selling!)

Its not designed specifically for my 1.2, but instead 1.4 upwards. Can i fit this exhaust myself as it has to attach to the Cat? Or is it a welding job? How difficult is it to fit myself? Are there any tutorials?

No garages in my area will fit it for me, because its aftermarket. The only one that did sed i required a stepdown/reducer pipe. Where can i get that from? I cant find one of those n e where either? Is it really required?

Cheers guys

Simon_16v

29th Mar 07 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well have a look under your car to see where it joins.

From what i can remember it should be a straight bolt off, and bolt back on job. Thats on my 1.2 8v
jaycorsa

29th Mar 07 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on my 1.4 8v i had a magnex Cat back system, had the middle box welded onto the Cat
Solitary_Echo

29th Mar 07 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmm i have a strange suspicion that maybe my exhaust isnt Cat back....
Basically the pipe goes from the back box to the little cylindrical box in the centre underneath of the car, roughly inline with the doors....Is this the Cat or the centre box? Now im confused
Rob_Corsa

29th Mar 07 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i fitted the cat back magnex system on my 1.6 sport the original system(all one piece) needed sawing just after the cat. Instructions came with the exhaust for how far to go back before cuting. I assume all aftermarket systems require you to cut the system anyhow
Mase
Premium Member

29th Mar 07 at 21:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it a 1.2 16v or 8v ?? If its the 8V, I thought the CAT was behind the front wheels, in which case this will fit fine, as all standard exhaust bores are the same apart from the 1.0 12v. If its the 1.2 16v, I believe the CAT is at the front, almost as part of the manifold, so i think you might need some modifying to get it to fit, however, i've never seen a 1.2 16v exhaust, so can't say for sure on that one... either way the backbox should fit the standard system easily, so long as its the standard bore...

Mase
Solitary_Echo

29th Mar 07 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok im beginning to think that its definately not a Cat back then! The pipe goes only to the middle of the car to the cylindircal box. Im not sure how it fits to that box. According to the magnex website tho, that is a full cat back system...If you buy a backbox from them, according to the pictures its just tailpipe and a box. Mine is a tailpipe a box and a pipe about 2ft long with a bend and little slits at the end of the pipe! i Have no idea what i have or where it goes :'(
Solitary_Echo

29th Mar 07 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a 1.2 16v btw!
gavin18787
Premium Member

29th Mar 07 at 21:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I may have the answer mate. I think you have the rear half of the cat back system. I brought this from someone thinking it was a backbox.

I got my centre section cut by the local exhaust place and sleeved.

See my thread for details http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=347861

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Solitary_Echo

29th Mar 07 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate can i add you on msn and have a chat! That is exactly what i have! Haha

New Poll