corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » fitting steering wheel

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author fitting steering wheel
chapcorsa

User status: Offline
   20th Mar 07 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have an aftermarket steering wheel and boss here ready to go on my car but have been told i need a different boss due to my current car having an airbag, whats the difference between bosses for cars with airbag steering wheel bosses and the ones without if anything at all?? only thing a can think of is something to plug airbag sensor into and turn the light off in which case ill just remove the bulb,

thanks for any help
neil h

20th Mar 07 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a feeling its to do with the size of the steering column, as airbag ones are shorted to acomodate the air bad, where as non air bag ones have a crumple zone iirc.
chapcorsa

20th Mar 07 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well ive been asking some guy on ebay and he says i need an adaptor to fit to the boss i have here, which to me will mean adding size to the boss i have already so im unsure on this. will just have to take mine off and try it hope it works
JayT

20th Mar 07 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats a 'boss'
corsa_kell

21st Mar 07 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the bit that goes between the aftermarket steering wheel and the dash
chapcorsa

21st Mar 07 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bump, anybody know??