corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fitting A New Steering Wheel

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fitting A New Steering Wheel
Lee_Heggie

User status: Offline
   31st Dec 03 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anyone know how to change the steering wheel on a N reg corsa? im thinking of buying a new steering wheel, but im not sure how easy it would be to install
tomcorsa

31st Dec 03 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pull the rubber horn cover off, undo the nut in teh middle aboout 25mm i ifnk then put nut on slightly and bang wiv a punch n hammer n wheel shud cum off ive neva dun it b4 but i watched lee mitchell do it 4 me
Lee_Heggie

31st Dec 03 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was looking at some in a shop, but they had these things u could buy for them. i wasent sure if i needed to buy some thing to fit it on to
tomcorsa

31st Dec 03 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea u do u need 2 buy the steerin wheel and a vauxhall/corsa hub kit which is about 35-40 quid
Marc D

31st Dec 03 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my brother tried to get his wheel off his n reg and it wouldnt. you need a puller to get it off
the_legend_of_yrag

31st Dec 03 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got mine off by loosening the nut, with it still on slightly, my ol mah hit it with a hammer whilst i pulled and it eventually came off.

But sometimes it wont so you could need a puller!!

You got an airbag??
Adam-D

31st Dec 03 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you will need a puller
hitting it with a hammer wil damage any number of components in the steering system

get the proper tool for the job hammer=bodging it when its somthing thats controls where your car goes its important as the brakes use the proper tools
Mistamist

1st Jan 04 at 02:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very easy way, go to a garage ask them if you can borrow a puller for 5 minutes as that how long the job takes. piece of pish!
Adam-D

1st Jan 04 at 07:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mistdotcom
Very easy way, go to a garage ask them if you can borrow a puller for 5 minutes as that how long the job takes. piece of pish!

that too

but vauxhall garage scared me he said that they would lossen it off then tighten it up a little so icould drive home and change it

wtf driving with a lossened steering wheel i could probably sue for saying it let alone doing it!
cobra148

1st Jan 04 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam-D
you will need a puller
hitting it with a hammer wil damage any number of components in the steering system

get the proper tool for the job hammer=bodging it when its somthing thats controls where your car goes its important as the brakes use the proper tools

Very true
J da Silva

1st Jan 04 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

people assume if somethings stiff, you have to use brute force to loosen it, you a puller and try n twist it and move it about to loosen it first, try and get a matching boss kit with the wheel, works wonders
O2re

1st Jan 04 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DO NOT USE A HAMMER !
loosening the nut, with it still on slightly and then go berserk , it will come off , most mechanics do it this way, it`s true
GavW

1st Jan 04 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, thats true!! All I do is lossen the nut a bit of the way and then keep pulling on it. DON'T take the bolt all the way off or you will end up hitting yourself in the head with the steering wheel when it comes off!! Will really hurt!!

New Poll