corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Clock not keeping time or date

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Clock not keeping time or date
gavin18787
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Mar 07 at 19:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What could be wrong for this to happen? Not a major issue but it bugs me

Any suggestions apriciated

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Pollard

8th Mar 07 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

loose connection on battery terminal?

Also colour code ur black rubber strip on the bottom of the front bumper, ive done it on mine, makes the car look lower and newer, doesnt cost much and looks sweet but doesnt attract the wrong attention
Rob_Corsa

8th Mar 07 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

assuming no body has f@#ked about with the wiring then its possible you have a faulty MFD. Thats assuming the permanent power to the unit isnt through a blown fuse. Not expensive from a scrap yard to try anyhow.

If the battery terminal was loose you would be having more problems than just your clock loosing time.
gavin18787
Premium Member

8th Mar 07 at 21:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

going to the scrappy on saturday anyway as i need a new rear light cluster so i may enquire as to how much one is.
It doesnt lose power i dont think as the radio presets and everything else are fine.

Pollard not colour coding the bumper as that car is now for sale, got a gsi now but thats where the problem with the clock comes in

gavin18787
Premium Member

22nd Mar 07 at 12:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right its been fine for a while but it did it again today and i saw it do it

was sitting in traffic and i looked at the clock and it suddenly went off and then came back on with everything reset and flashing like it does when you reconnect the battery.
Would this therefore indicate a problem with the wiring rather then the MFD itself?

Rob_Corsa

22nd Mar 07 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
Right its been fine for a while but it did it again today and i saw it do it

was sitting in traffic and i looked at the clock and it suddenly went off and then came back on with everything reset and flashing like it does when you reconnect the battery.
Would this therefore indicate a problem with the wiring rather then the MFD itself?

Could just as easy be either. Dry joint/wiring issue inside the MFD or wiring loom of the car.
Seriously mate, you need to start eliminating things if you want to find the problem.
gavin18787
Premium Member

22nd Mar 07 at 21:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have and couldnt see anything wrong as such

Rob_Corsa

22nd Mar 07 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
i have and couldnt see anything wrong as such

Elimination as-in try a new MFD!

New Poll