corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Clock/Info Display Help needed!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Clock/Info Display Help needed!
Garnz

User status: Offline
16th May 03 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I took the clock/ temp/ date display out to replace and paint the bulbs red so it appers when its on to be red that bits fine! But now when i turn the light on and off it resets everything. But the funny thing is where it normaly has the date it some times has the letter "F" on the left and a number on the right. And some times it tell's me my KMH what going on lol! The wires seem ok and it is plugged in right maybe there is a loose connection somewhere. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanx Garnz
BarinaBoi

17th May 03 at 00:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how did you remove the clock? i want to do the same bulb tint, but blue. Do i need to take off the whole dash or can i just somehow unclip the clock? did you actually get the lcd digits to change colour too? my display sometimes gives me letters. but i think its because the lcd digits are faulty.
Richie

17th May 03 at 00:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think you may have damaged the ribbon cable for the mfd.
barry_kellett99

20th May 03 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool... I want to change my LCD display too, As i have to replace my dash bulbs behind the air flow controls... which will just leave the main dash..... HOW DO I GET IT THERE THEN!
Cursa

20th May 03 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you mean the dials?
barry_kellett99

21st May 03 at 07:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well first of all, The air flow controls part of the dash is proving hard to remove, I have the first air vent pushed down and have access to that, but the second one only pushes back on one side and seems stuck fast on the other site so it is going back inwards lopsided.

Where do i get this mythical Haynes manual?
Garnz

21st May 03 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well to get it out u need to move the centere air vents down u have to push and pull down as iff ya gonna snap em but they do go.When youve done that u have to remove 4 screws to behind each vent look inside @ the top left and right u should see em. Be very careful not to drop the screws get a magnet @ the ready. When thats done u lift the clock surround up and pull out the connector block @ the back. There u can take the bulbs out. I undid to other screws holding the display to the plastic surround out so i was just left wid the display. I used red bulb paint. Now the whole display is red.

I will have a look @ the ribbon cableits pissing me off it keeps reseting

garnz
Richie

21st May 03 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the ribbon cable is like a papery type one, it is really easy to break. Ive been thru 2 MFD's
vesko_m

16th Mar 04 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi ya all.
i've changed the color of my mfd with leds. but after connecting and disconnecting the mfd from the connector (to turn the leds around) and it started acting strange: sometimes the temp said --.- sometimes the date came on and off. the reason was that the connector itself on the mfd was loosen. the solution was to open the mfd, but carefully not to damage the ribbon cable and re-solder the connector from the inside. after that put the mfd together, connect it and carefully put it in its place on the dash
greets!
dirtymagician

16th Mar 04 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The mfd units are very easy to wreck as anyone on here till testify i ruined mine by trying to change the original bulbs for led ones when i put it back in everything worked but it didnt turn off . I ended up getting a 2nd hang one for £30 notes, not bad considering a new one from vaux is £150-£200

The letter F proberbly means fault and the kmh display could mean maybe the buttons are stuck as if you press them both if you get the kmh speed briefly.
Richie

16th Mar 04 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they are only a fiver from a scrappy
dirtymagician

16th Mar 04 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There arent any scrappies around here that have them in, it was either £30 or £150
combat_sri

16th Mar 04 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have one someone can buy off me for 30quid!lol

New Poll