corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » changin pads and disc's on Corsa C

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author changin pads and disc's on Corsa C
craig20102010

User status: Offline
7th Mar 07 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

first just need to know will i come accross many problems when takin the Disc off. does it Slide over the top of the hub? any special tools needed?

Any body created any write ups for doing this? will just be changin disc's to new standard disc's as its not my car im doing

[Edited on 07-03-2007 by craig20102010]
gilljonathan

7th Mar 07 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just done this on mine...once you take the caliper off, and the caliper bracket the disc just slides towards you...however i had to use a rubber mallet and some force to get the disc free...once its off just remember to put copper grease on the hub and inside of the disc before you fit the new disc...
gilljonathan

7th Mar 07 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

remember to take the screw out of the disc which stops it swivelling on the hub...
craig20102010

7th Mar 07 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers and as for the caliper if i just push the pistons back slowly then this should also be fine i dont want to really go as far as bleeding the calipers.
gilljonathan

7th Mar 07 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea the piston had closed up qutie alot on mine...lol i dint bleed either...

just used my spring compressors to push the piston back...as long as you do it slowly you will be fine mate...
craig20102010

7th Mar 07 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good stuff thats what we like to hear as im in a desporate state and i feel its my duty to do this for this girl lol cuz she is runnin on bear metal pads and disc's and one disc is suffering rather badly and im sure its illigal lol
gilljonathan

7th Mar 07 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well good luck to you...just dnt do what i did...and took the brakes off in the evenin only to realise i had no copper grease...so had to go another day without a car
craig20102010

7th Mar 07 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye well i will make sure i go get some copper grease today. she only had her brakes changed about a year ago so they should come off easy enough.
gilljonathan

7th Mar 07 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea shouldn't be too bad mate...only a hours work...

New Poll