corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » brake light , heated window fault, + now battery problem + update

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author brake light , heated window fault, + now battery problem + update
Bullet Proof SRi

User status: Offline
24th Feb 07 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsa c 1.2 sxi

just recently got the car and when we got it a sidelight bulb was out, replced it and the other one blew. replaced that and the headlight blew. replced that and it blew straight away. got another head light bulb in and it all now works fine. so could of just bee coincidence i supose.

though the brake lights are now not functioning and i dont know when they stopped working, fuse had blown replced it and it blew straight away, the rear heated window also does not work, but the fuse looks fine. it did have a tint on it when we got it which we took off, but surely that would not of damaged anything would it.

im gona check the earths over the car, but thought that maybe a relay was to blame, however the handbook and haynes manual dont list what relay is which.

any ideas

[Edited on 26-02-2007 by Bullet Proof SRi]
M11 PFC CORSA

24th Feb 07 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi mate
sounds like an internal electric problem. go to a local auto electrician garage or try a vauxhall dealer, if you dont bulbs and fuses will continue to blow! (Y)
Bullet Proof SRi

25th Feb 07 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
Bullet Proof SRi

25th Feb 07 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some 1 said that the wires may of been damaged on the rear window when taking the tiunt off, i also thought this but the wires are in the glass nowdays instead of on it.
Bullet Proof SRi

25th Feb 07 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok people i have further news, i forgot to mention that when we got the car the battery went flat, but i thought it was due to hacing the radio running for around an hour without the engine running.

went out tonight to start the car and the battery is flat had to jump it, i noly used the car yesturday.

so im assuming it could be the alternetor, an earth or battery itself

but would the alternator cause fuses to blow like i explained above, or could there be a completely other fault
Adam-D

25th Feb 07 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

faulty reg on the alt will cause allsorts of trouble
Bullet Proof SRi

25th Feb 07 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can you buy a regulator, or just get a new alternator
Bullet Proof SRi

26th Feb 07 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

further update is that i had a volt test done today which revealed the alternator was sending a perfect charge to the battery, so im having it put on the diagnostic machine

New Poll