corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Battery light and handbrake light on

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Battery light and handbrake light on
Simon

User status: Offline
18th Jan 07 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just did a drive back to uni, bout hour n half, towards the end the light on the dash thats the battery symbol and the handbrake light came on. Car seems fine, electrics and everything working. Although about a minute after my cd player stopped working, though tthink thats unrelated as its been dodgy for a while and the radio on it is still working?

So can anybody shed any light on what these lights mean?

Thanks
pow
Premium Member

18th Jan 07 at 19:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Handbrake light is normally brake problems - be careful about that one mate... and the battery lighjt is a problem with the charging system/alternator - not my strong spot that one, start with the battery and work back?
Simon

19th Jan 07 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmm dont sound too good,will take a look tomorow i think
Simon

20th Jan 07 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just had a chance to look at car, it appears the fan belt has jumped ship! So im guessing that explains the battery light, could that explain the brake light or is that likely to be something different even though they came on together? Brake fluid is fine still.
Planty02

20th Jan 07 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check all your braking system mate - cylinders etc for leaks

I had the handbrake light on my corsa and one day it just lost all brakes. - turned out to be a leaky cylinder at the rear
Simon

21st Jan 07 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fitted a new fan belt and all is fixed! Cheers people

New Poll