corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Windows Vista - The Truth

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Windows Vista - The Truth
Voyto

User status: Offline
8th Feb 07 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which soundcard do you have steve?
Steve
Premium Member

8th Feb 07 at 09:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Audigy, and Live 5.1 2 in 2 differnt PC's driver worked with both
Bart

8th Feb 07 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have SB XFI F4tal1ty version.
Steve
Premium Member

8th Feb 07 at 10:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Creative are cunts when it comes to drivers
Voyto

8th Feb 07 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the XFi aswell, took me ages to find the drivers as they are listed strange on the creative website. They are under Soundblaster, rather than XFi
Jamie Walby

8th Feb 07 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
It's Microsoft. People also like complaining about things they know nothing what so ever about.

Like John and the 360
ed

8th Feb 07 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I got a new MoBo then would I need to re-install Windows and would it fuck up my serial number...

This Asus thing is pissing me off and scaring the shit out of me because it 'looses' disks every so often... (For the people who want to complain, it's did this pre-Vista too...)
BlueCorsa

8th Feb 07 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have the OEM version of Vista, then it might not re-activate when you reinstall. If you don't reformat then it will throw a fit anyway. Retail copies can have motherboards changed I think?
DarkBahamut

8th Feb 07 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You dont have to reformat because you've changed your motherboard. Sometimes this can cause problems, if it does you might have to, but i never reformat unless there is a problem. As for your key, OEM then changing your motherboard requires you to buy a new key (copy of windows). You may be lucky and get away with it if you blag it on the phone to Microsoft but its not likely. If its retail then you have unlimited changes.
Steve
Premium Member

8th Feb 07 at 17:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your allowed a certain amount of hardware changes before you need a new key
John

8th Feb 07 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OEM is different from the retail versions steve.
John

8th Feb 07 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
quote:
Originally posted by ed
It's Microsoft. People also like complaining about things they know nothing what so ever about.

Like John and the 360

I know more than most of the people who have them tbh.
Bart

8th Feb 07 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=36653

quote:

Vista forces you to re-activate, or so I am told, if you look at it in the right way. Microsoft, in possibly the most shortsighted move in the company's history, decided to lock Vista down to the first PC it is installed to and not allow you to move it legally. If you call it up, whine and lie, you can socially engineeer a few reactivations, but technically this is a licence violation. I won't do that.

So, when I change the mobo on my box, or an unspecified other bit of hardware or three, Microsoft decides that my box is a new computer and my $399 copy of Vista is a doorstop - I must spend another $399 to continue working. Bill Gates does need the money, he gives away a lot of it on trips to cities thinking of moving to Linux.

not sure how reliable that is
Steve
Premium Member

8th Feb 07 at 18:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
OEM is different from the retail versions steve.

all version allow a certain amount of hardware changes, to start with MS said everytime you reinstalled regardless you would need a new key, but people kicked up a fuss so they changed it
ed

8th Feb 07 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good because an Asus A8N-E is the biggest bag of crap in the world
Doug

8th Feb 07 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For some reason it wont recognise my external HDD at the moment?

It work find when I have installed vista, now I have shut the laptop down and un-plugged it. And now it wont see it at all now??

Any ideas how to get it to see it? It says there is a problem with the 'mass storage contoller' ?
It wont let me download any drivers for it as it says it cant find any.

Any ideas how to fix this?

jamied

8th Feb 07 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is ebuyer the cheapest for ultimate at 116?
ed

9th Feb 07 at 03:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was £99 odd for me excluding VAT from ebuyer. Came to about £125 or something with VAT and delivery. Seems to be the same pricing all over the place...
flash22

9th Feb 07 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres a lot of miss information about vista acitvation.

There was a big out cry by user of rc2 about the terms of activation so microsoft change the t&c's back. There nearly the same as xp X Amount of acitvations or more and you have to activate it over the phone oem or retail. all the oem conditions state is that it must be install or disturbuted with a new pc or if you read the small print it state it must only be sold with a peice of core hardware ie.hdd,cpu or motherboard

Dont know what all the moaning is about I installed vista last night on to a new hdd no problems the only issues so far are a few programs wouldnt run correctly but nothing a few downloads didnt cure

I have some very specailst hardware aswell what wasnt a problem xp drivers worked fine

I think these people havent even installed vista that are moaning about because thay dont like change !!!!

only big differences between oem and retail re with retail you get a flash box manual and the dvd contains both 32 and 64 bit versoins. with oem you get either 32 or 64 bit dvd in a case and a coa sticker

[Edited on 09-02-2007 by flash22]
ed

9th Feb 07 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only real problem I have been having is with my TV card. Vista installed a driver it thought it liked and it really really didn't like the driver. System restore point sorted it and I think i'll be choosing my drivers for this stupid TV card if I ever want to use it again
Doug

9th Feb 07 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any ideas about my HDD problem?

I have sorted the mass storage controller issue. Just having a problem with the HDD not being recognised now
Corsa Sport Gav

10th Feb 07 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i installed vista last night and im running xp again now, got fed up of having no drivers for my 5.1 sound
ed

12th Feb 07 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, I was singng it's praises the other day. But for some reason now t keeps on corrupting my registry file buggering the computer completely No idea how to sort it and re-installation works until I shut down and re-start the PC. Fuck
topshot_2k
Banned

12th Feb 07 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by flash22
Theres a lot of miss information about vista acitvation.

There was a big out cry by user of rc2 about the terms of activation so microsoft change the t&c's back. There nearly the same as xp X Amount of acitvations or more and you have to activate it over the phone oem or retail. all the oem conditions state is that it must be install or disturbuted with a new pc or if you read the small print it state it must only be sold with a peice of core hardware ie.hdd,cpu or motherboard

Dont know what all the moaning is about I installed vista last night on to a new hdd no problems the only issues so far are a few programs wouldnt run correctly but nothing a few downloads didnt cure

I have some very specailst hardware aswell what wasnt a problem xp drivers worked fine

I think these people havent even installed vista that are moaning about because thay dont like change !!!!

only big differences between oem and retail re with retail you get a flash box manual and the dvd contains both 32 and 64 bit versoins. with oem you get either 32 or 64 bit dvd in a case and a coa sticker

[Edited on 09-02-2007 by flash22]

it can be any hardware. Hence why companies are selling it with a cable to get around the only sold with hardware policy.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll