corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » McLaren OUT!!!!

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author McLaren OUT!!!!
Jules

User status: Offline
7th Feb 07 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This game is a load of piffle - soooooo boring imo imo tbh bbq asda
nik

7th Feb 07 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think he was a good coach at United and thats where it ends. Out of his depth I'm afraid. Another so-so performance, needs results quickly in the qualifiers.
Marc

7th Feb 07 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bring back Beckham and Sol
Jules

7th Feb 07 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Referee has been a complete tool with Crouch tonight - everytime
Jules S
Premium Member

7th Feb 07 at 21:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules
Referee has been a complete tool with Crouch tonight - everytime

Crouch is his own worst enemy at times...he clambers all over defenders then wonders when the defenders play him for it

We've been average at best. No creativity or width, we seem to huddle all the attackers centrally outside the box waiting for a punt in
Marc

7th Feb 07 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fans shouting abuse at Mclaren then
mav

7th Feb 07 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
Think he was a good coach at United and thats where it ends. Out of his depth I'm afraid. Another so-so performance, needs results quickly in the qualifiers.

well said..

deffo could do with Beckham back....

England looked poor, no ideas and very boring to watch , even though they did have alot of players missing...

Micah Richards looks no bad though..
Russ

7th Feb 07 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

swp, isnt england quality, dier.. name says it all, lampard is latin for pieman. the goal, if phil neville would have put him under a bit more pressure, who knows. oh well, glad i didnt put money on it, nice finish though. and ref - hated crouch
Hammer

7th Feb 07 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lampard and Gerrard can't play together, how many more times will it be tried?

You can't play crouch up front on his own without someone with him, why not start with Defoe seen as Rooney and Owen are out, that's what these type of games are for?

Downing and Wright Phillips aren't good enough, a half decent right winger would have tore that left back apart he was terrible. It makes an absolute mockery of the fact Beckham doesn't get picked.

Carrick looked completely disinterested the entire game?

One good point, i personally thought Woodgate and Ferdinand looked superb together, strolled it.
mav

7th Feb 07 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It makes an absolute mockery of the fact Beckham doesn't get picked.

[Edited on 07-02-2007 by mav]
nik

7th Feb 07 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I personally thought Beckham had been poor for England for a while and was glad he had the bollocks to drop him.

However players like Downing shouldn't be anywhere near the squad. I think Woodgate, Dyer and Barry deserved their call ups as did Barton.

The problem obviously lies in midfield, who do you play? For me Gerrard and Carrack have to start (shame Scholes won't come back!). I'd drop Lampard, if SWP was confident and getting regular games I'd start him wide right, just leaves the old problem on the left side. I don't know what the answer is but something needs to change.

Without a fit and on form Owen we also struggle up front, are any of the current strikers world class? (Rooney aside).

[Edited on 07-02-2007 by nik]
Marc

7th Feb 07 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only Rooney imo.
Russ

7th Feb 07 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
I personally thought Beckham had been poor for England for a while and was glad he had the bollocks to drop him.

However players like Downing shouldn't be anywhere near the squad. I think Woodgate, Dyer and Barry deserved their call ups as did Barton.

The problem obviously lies in midfield, who do you play? For me Gerrard and Carrack have to start (shame Scholes won't come back!). I'd drop Lampard, if SWP was confident and getting regular games I'd start him wide right, just leaves the old problem on the left side. I don't know what the answer is but something needs to change.

Without a fit and on form Owen we also struggle up front, are any of the current strikers world class? (Rooney aside).

beckahm might have been playing shit, but what is different between him being shit and the rest being shit, he would NEVER recall becks anyway, incase we won the game, and beckham would then make him look like a twat
nik

7th Feb 07 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly, Crouch has skill for a big man but I don't think he's upto the task, Defoe again, shows brilliance at times for Spurs but can't seem to make the jump and I think the same of Bent, decent enough last year in the league but is he good enough? My opinion no. Defence is sorted, keeper situation is good, just the firepower and left mid worries me.
nik

7th Feb 07 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
quote:
Originally posted by nik

beckahm might have been playing shit, but what is different between him being shit and the rest being shit, he would NEVER recall becks anyway, incase we won the game, and beckham would then make him look like a twat

I think at the time, SWP and Lennon were showing promise and the ability to step into his shoes. Nobody could tell if SWP would get as limited chances as he has had at Chelsea. I still think those two have a lot to offer, times on their side (although not Englands).
Hammer

7th Feb 07 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dropping Beckham lacked balls imo, it's the move everyone foreseen him make to try and put his stamp on the team.

The same mistakes are still being made and the same problems are cropping up it's Erikssons team and tactics minus his captain. He doesn't have the testicular fortitude to drop Lampard and the fact there is a lack of good balls from wide areas in the last third is a problem England have had since i can rememember.
Nath

7th Feb 07 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No Rooney or Owen = FUCKING BORING!!!
Russ

7th Feb 07 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think thats what the thing is, he thought "ill drop becks, make sure they know whos boss", and really lampard is the one who has to go, everybody knew it was coming, just made himself look a twat, bring back vennables to sort them out. id rather see 11 shit players who want to be there and want to play for there country then the best xi we have who cant be fucked with it
corsaaa_16v

7th Feb 07 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
Exactly, Crouch has skill for a big man but I don't think he's upto the task, Defoe again, shows brilliance at times for Spurs but can't seem to make the jump and I think the same of Bent, decent enough last year in the league but is he good enough? My opinion no. Defence is sorted, keeper situation is good, just the firepower and left mid worries me.

left mid worries you!?? thats one of the only positions we have sorted IMO, joe cole was our best player last year, but is unfortunately injured at the mo!!
Russ

7th Feb 07 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep cole has that on lock down yo, wicked sick
mav

7th Feb 07 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mclaren has not got the know how to do it, simple I think...Yeah as a coach with a good mananger beside him but on hos own..NO...

Mind you most of the players on show for England tonight would walk into the scotland team but I bet a GOOD manager would get hem playing like a team. With passion.
Danny P

7th Feb 07 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That was boring as fuck

Im just glad I sold my ticket to my brothers mate and it didnt cost be £25 to see it first hand
Jules S
Premium Member

7th Feb 07 at 22:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought SWP played well when given the room to play in...as I said before we seem to play so tight down the middle anybody with pace and flair tends to be running at a wall of defenders when they should be running wide to give us width.

It was common sense dropping beckham...good in his prime years, got picked on reputation and the captaincy before the WC
Russ

7th Feb 07 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules S
It was common sense dropping beckham...good in his prime years, got picked on reputation and the captaincy before the WC
please, fukin PLEASE dont talk about being picked on reputation..................
nik

7th Feb 07 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsaaa_16v
quote:
Originally posted by nik

left mid worries you!?? thats one of the only positions we have sorted IMO, joe cole was our best player last year, but is unfortunately injured at the mo!!

Exactly, he isn't playing so who do we have? Downing wwoooww

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » McLaren OUT!!!! 23 database queries in 0.2028439 seconds