corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Vista - Windows

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Vista - Windows
Cybermonkey

User status: Offline
1st Feb 07 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LiamC, i suggest you do some research before raving on like a lunatic. Your so called 'facts' are based around users who dont have a fucking clue. I highly doubt OSX is 10X faster than XP. Mine runs absolutely superbly because i know how to look after it. I have a freeware virus scanner than does the job as it should, so im not paying for any other outlay after the OS. OSX is still in the stone ages when it comes to program compatibility, and just doesnt cut it in todays world. Yes, its a nice stable system and OS, but its no match for Windows these days.
liamC

1st Feb 07 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by topshot_2k
quote:
Originally posted by liamC
quote:
Originally posted by Steve
there has never been an issue with IE and security for me, just the dumbases that click and tell things to install etc

So that's a 'yes there has been security issues' then.

no, Microsoft cant exactly stop users installing things, if people are stupid enough to click them then they deserve viruses TBPH

There has been umpteen security holes had to be patched. Nothing at all to do with people installing things.

Safari pages display fine for me, or at least sites I visit anyway. Though I'm curious about what that has to do with Safari. I believe there's a standard called w3c to conform again. Nothing to do with the browsers at all.
topshot_2k
Banned

1st Feb 07 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

build quality? cheap - tacky
what holes have been patched in the new IE? i'd like to know
liamC

1st Feb 07 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey
LiamC, i suggest you do some research before raving on like a lunatic. 1. Your so called 'facts' are based around users who dont have a fucking clue. 2. I highly doubt OSX is 10X faster than XP. Mine runs absolutely superbly because i know how to look after it. I have a freeware virus scanner than does the job as it should, so im not paying for any other outlay after the OS. 3. OSX is still in the stone ages when it comes to program compatibility, and just doesnt cut it in todays world. 4. Yes, its a nice stable system and OS, but its no match for Windows these days.

1. Show me otherwise proof to prove my ONE fact in the original post wrong.

2. As already said, a figure of speech and altered.

3. PMSL. I've not had one compatability problem. Got anything to back this up?

4. Laughable.
topshot_2k
Banned

1st Feb 07 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

macs have piss poor build quality, GUI is poor and too american
John

1st Feb 07 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Macs are for the same uber leet cool dudes who use firefox. imo.

Stick it to the man, yeah.
Steve
Premium Member

1st Feb 07 at 13:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Macs are for the same uber leet cool dudes who use firefox. imo.

Stick it to the man, yeah.

pmsl i agree, as is linux
topshot_2k
Banned

1st Feb 07 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Linux is a joke
topshot_2k
Banned

1st Feb 07 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this made me laugh when it got around at work, dont know if i posted it befre

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=2514730680283477734&q=every+os+sucks
liamC

1st Feb 07 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LMAAAAAAAAAAO

"More secured operating system ever"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6320865.stm

andy1868

1st Feb 07 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OSX can suck my fat one tbh
Samls

1st Feb 07 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had installed about 2 months ago, and its SHITE! it got removed wiped off trashed and burnt! Wins xp pro ftw ;()
liamC

1st Feb 07 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3 days in the life of Microsoft

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6313981.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6316253.stm?ls

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6320865.stm

andy1868

1st Feb 07 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so did you have a beta or the final version?
Samls

1st Feb 07 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had the final!
Samls

1st Feb 07 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Microsoft.Windows.Vista.Final-BillGates

thats the release i had, dunno how many of you are familiar with scene releases!
andy1868

1st Feb 07 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so what exactly made you think it was worse than xp?
Samls

1st Feb 07 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bugyness, it sucking ass out of all of my resources, incompatability with some applications (probably fixed now), it struggled with html, php and .sql files!

in MY opinion it was crap!
ed

1st Feb 07 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ed
quote:
Get a mac.
Why? They are just re-branded PC's. You can run OSX on a PC now anyway...

OK, I'll bring my honest reasons forward.

Fantastic GUI. Pisses on windows 10 times over. Windows new features are simply a rip off of MacOSX's Dashboard and Spotlight, these being the 'new' Windows sidebar and Search function.

MacOSX is 10 times faster than Windows, and all the shite that gets clogged up in the system over time takes its toll on Windows. Adware/Spyware, all that shite. NOTHING like that on Mac OSX.

MacOSX; 114,000 less viruses than Windows to worry about. THIS IS FACT: http://www.apple.com/getamac/viruses.html ) - Therefore one less application to have to buy/download, one less application to have to keep pissing about updating, and one less application to eat up system resources.

I do not have to mess about installing and scanning for adaware and spyware every 5 minutes, nor do I have to defrag EVER. Again, 1/2 more applications I don't have to piss about installing, updating and scanning my machine.

As I say, a few of the honest genuine reasons why I moved across to MacOSX.

Don't like the Mac GUI. Don't like the Mac mouse and don't like the Mac keyboard. Hate the whole interface. It doesn't seem inintuative. I also use Macs on a regular basis so it's not because I am 'just used to Windows'.

Faster? Never noticed a difference. My current PC is shit hot and pisses all over the Macs I use - but then my PC is much better specced than them. It's like racing a 1.2 agains a 2.0.

Viruses. Never had one. Don't have any issues with my Virus scanner as it has been designed to use a little system resources. I use software which regurly uses over 2gig of RAM. I have 3gig installed and I don't get the associated problems you speak of.

Never had to defrag my disk on my last 2 PC's. Don't seem to have that problem.
andy1868

1st Feb 07 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

from what i've encountered i've not had any of those problems, the things sapping resources can be disabled, as you're already aware the incompatibilty problems have been sorted, no trouble with html, no problems with php as of yet the same with .sql.

i think you gave up too soon, before the fixes were released for the problems you had. 2 months before the release date, there are bound to be problems as everyone else catches up with software etc.
Samls

1st Feb 07 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On top of that i Generally didnt like the new graphic interface, I felt they were trying to copy mac. ~ bill gates admitted recently he wanted to be as graphically sound as apple!

php & mysql werent executing queries properly ~ as per all windows OS's but it was perticularly bad in vista!
There were a lot of functions that were good in vista, like the volume controling as per application and the better networking interface and backend.

At the end of the day its down to the users preference.

Id advise you to download an illegal copy and dual boot for a few weeks, if you like it buy it, if you don't throw the partition away
John

1st Feb 07 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's buggy in the final release?

What resources does it use that you don't like?

I've been running it as sole os on my laptop since the day it went rtm and not had a problem.
Steve
Premium Member

1st Feb 07 at 17:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Samls
On top of that i Generally didnt like the new graphic interface, I felt they were trying to copy mac. ~ bill gates admitted recently he wanted to be as graphically sound as apple!

php & mysql werent executing queries properly ~ as per all windows OS's but it was perticularly bad in vista!
There were a lot of functions that were good in vista, like the volume controling as per application and the better networking interface and backend.

At the end of the day its down to the users preference.

Id advise you to download an illegal copy and dual boot for a few weeks, if you like it buy it, if you don't throw the partition away

i suggest you brush on your code then php and sql works just fine with vista
liamC

1st Feb 07 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Don't like the Mac GUI. Don't like the Mac mouse and don't like the Mac keyboard. Hate the whole interface. It doesn't seem inintuative. I also use Macs on a regular basis so it's not because I am 'just used to Windows'.

Faster? Never noticed a difference. My current PC is shit hot and pisses all over the Macs I use - but then my PC is much better specced than them. It's like racing a 1.2 agains a 2.0.

Viruses. Never had one. Don't have any issues with my Virus scanner as it has been designed to use a little system resources. I use software which regurly uses over 2gig of RAM. I have 3gig installed and I don't get the associated problems you speak of.

Never had to defrag my disk on my last 2 PC's. Don't seem to have that problem.

Fair points, and as they say, opinions are like arseholes. I don't think you can beat the GUI of a mac personally...and the mac mouse is easily changeable, as is the keyboard.

Nice to see justified reasons to backup a statement unlike cybernumpty at the top of this page, which incidentally reminds me that I'm still waiting for him to prove that my fact was wrong.
liamC

1st Feb 07 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
i suggest you brush on your code then php and sql works just fine with vista

Sounds like it was a beta to me...

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll