corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Front fog light loom

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Front fog light loom
Fro

User status: Offline
23rd Jan 07 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey people finally got to do a search now its back up but couldnt find any definate answers.

All I'd like to know is would my 1.6 sport come with front fog light loom already installed, so i would only need the switch, fuse and relay for them to work. Or will I have to use the halfords kit?

Cheers
Fro

24th Jan 07 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nobody......
J B

24th Jan 07 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would like to know the very same thing??
matt_aka_smiler

24th Jan 07 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a sport 1.6 and mine doesnt. either use a halfords kit or make your own out of the existing rear fog loom
CoastalCorsa

24th Jan 07 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

None of the Corsa B sports Had fog lights so i dont see why any of them would have a factory loom installed
Fro

24th Jan 07 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers people already have the halfords kit was just checking as I done a search and a few people said they already had the loom
csweatherston

24th Jan 07 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CoastalCorsa
None of the Corsa B sports Had fog lights so i dont see why any of them would have a factory loom installed

well the irmscher kit was an optional extra, thereis also an irmscher fog ligh panel which replaces the lower grill.....so they may have looms..

i havent checked mine personally tho.
Fro

24th Jan 07 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for that mate might have to take my bumper off and have a look around
Mo

24th Jan 07 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had a look at mine and couldnt see any sort of wiring for fog lamps. i'm in the same boat - need to wire my GSi fog lights
csweatherston

24th Jan 07 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think there may be wiring near the inner wings......i saw a lil unused connector earlier.
davey_jack

24th Jan 07 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I own a 1995 SRi and it didnt come with the complete loom needed to run the foglights on my gsi bumper. However some of it is already there and you can easily fabricate the extensions required on the loom like I did. You will need two things, a foglight switch (goes above the the rear foglight switch on the light switch panel, can be sourced from either a corsa gsi or astra cavalier or calibra) you will also need a foglight relay. all the wiring for the relay should already be there, you just need to buy the relay and plug it in to the fusebox (I can supply part number if necessary) from the relay there is a black wire this provides the live (+) to the foglights this wire runs from the fusebox (you may have to put an extra fuse into the box in order for them to work, just follow the wires from the relay to find which slot), behind the dash to the passenger footwell into one of two big multiplugs behind the kick panel. Now on a gsi, this wire continues on the other side of the multiplug and goes through the rubber grommet in the bulkhead with all the other wires and to the foglights. However, on my '95 SRi it didnt, so my solution was to chop the wire out of the multiplug, solder a long wire onto it, feed it through the bulk head and then solder two plugs for the foglights onto it (these can be sourced from a scrapyard as i believe they have the same shape as a sensor plug under the bonnet, unsure exactly which sensor, but you can find out by the shape of the socket on the back of the foglight) All you do then is take the ground (-) wires from the plugs on the back of the foglights, crimp or solder a ring terminal on the end and then screw it to the body work (metal) somewhere to create a ground point for the fogs) Now they should work when you have the side lights (or dipped/mainbeam) switched on at the same time as the foglight switch.
I should really post this up in the tutorials section and add some pictures as im sure this question will come up again, when I asked it no one helped so i figured it out for myself!
C4RL0

24th Jan 07 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my eyes hurt
davey_jack

24th Jan 07 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, its not as complicated as it sounds!
Fro

25th Jan 07 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

davey_jack - That is an excellent answer mate nice one Hopefully give it a bash over the weekend and see what happens
J B

25th Jan 07 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah you should put it in the tutorials I have been wondering how to do this for a while
Fro

25th Jan 07 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If i do it over the weekend I'll try and get some pics to go with his guide
davey_jack

25th Jan 07 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and for anyone wanting the part number for a front foglight relay it is 24433728
Fro

27th Jan 07 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No loom at all Can the halfords kit be wired to the GM front fog light switch If so how? And do the fog lights need a ground as I cant see where that would connect too,

Cheers,

[Edited on 27-01-2007 by fro-dizzle]
Fro

27th Jan 07 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Found this tucked behind the bumper, is it any part of it? Couldnt find another one though.

davey_jack

28th Jan 07 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah thats not for front foglights mate, are you sure there is no loom at all, not even the loom to the relay from the switch etc?
Cossie

29th Jan 07 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on my corsa had no loom and relay at all i have done it completely just got hold of relay and switches and plugs from an astra mk3 they are the same as corsa and done my loom exaclty like vaux do it on factory fitted corsa's !!
Fro

29th Jan 07 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty certain as there are no connectors behind the front fog light switch slot The strange thing is that there is no relay in the rear fog light slot but there is a connector bhind that switch which runs off somewhere and they work
Fro

29th Jan 07 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cossie
on my corsa had no loom and relay at all i have done it completely just got hold of relay and switches and plugs from an astra mk3 they are the same as corsa and done my loom exaclty like vaux do it on factory fitted corsa's !!

Think Dad's just scrapped a mk3 Would you ebe able to explain how you wired it all in from scratch i.e what goes where and what needs taking off to get to it if it's not too much trouble?
Cossie

29th Jan 07 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

better if you get a haynes manual it has all the wire connections with colours and connectors pin connection ! you need switch for the fog lights + switch connector ( I think calibra ,astra and vectra are the same) I had to move down the fuse box so I could plug in the fuse and relay connector in the fuse box also the connector of the fog light is the same used on corsa,astra vectra calibra sidelamps
Fro

30th Jan 07 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok cheers matey, will try and get them bits from a scrappy and have another look at it all

New Poll