corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » How much of a deposit

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How much of a deposit
Jill
Premium Member

User status: Offline
24th Jan 07 at 09:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
No point busting a gut trying to save all this money/pay out all this money if your not goign to continue living a life as well.

Defo agree there

JILL
whitter45

24th Jan 07 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jill
quote:
Originally posted by VXR
No point busting a gut trying to save all this money/pay out all this money if your not goign to continue living a life as well.

Defo agree there

JILL

i also agree and would never put all my savings into a house - need some sort of fall back to enjoy life i.e holidays etc

What I'm trying to say is always try and buy with some form of deposit
Daimo B

24th Jan 07 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
yes Ian totally agree and for the first 10 years ypu pay nothing off the amount you borrow as your paying off the interest thats added. Its the last 10 - 12 years wheee you really pay the amount borrowed

Similar if you could pay the 120K mortgage off in 11 years instead of 25 you would save 91K

100% it not ideal if can put money down its always better

[Edited on 24-01-2007 by whitter45]

Our statement that came through a few weeks ago says we've already paid off a few K off our actual mortgage.

Agreed, if you CAN afford it, get a deposit, but on a £180k house, thats a big deposit We chose to kit out the house instead, run the first 3.5 years of a mortgage, then will change in in favour for a better rate in the future.

I guess it depends on your situation. I had no plans to move out, but the other half wanted to. So we had basically a year of saving, no-where near enough for a deposit, but plenty to fully kit the house out with everything (sofas, washing machine, kitchen kit, tv/audio, PC, bed etc etc..). It also meant we were saved and bought a house within a year, opposed to saving for 2-4 years hard. Also enough to cover solictor fees and all the other gubbins involved (so in actual fact, you may have £10k odd saved for a deposit, but £2K+ of that will go on fees, stamp duty etc etc...) so u've actually got less.

It depends on your situation, ours worked for us and we've got not a toooo bad rate. For some it works, for others it won't. Our mortgage actually meant we got £1k free as well (as long as the term is over 3 years, if not, we have to pay it back).

Just found out last night we've already made £15k on the house in 10 months as well So we're already in the clear as such.

It really depends how quick you want to move out. But i do agree its better to have a deposit, but, its not a neccesity.

[Edited on 24-01-2007 by VXR]
whitter45

24th Jan 07 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah mate I know

I have just put 25k down on a house

Then there are fee's and kitting it out

I would have took a bigger mortgage but feel happier with the lower repayments

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll