corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » problems with buyer

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author problems with buyer
NovaGTE

User status: Offline
14th Feb 06 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Took a deposit on the saxo last tuesday, bloke said he would pick it up monday and would call at the weekend to confirm a time. Weekend went and no call, tried calling him yesterday and have left 2 answerphone messages and still not herd from him Had to turn other people away aswell which is dam annoying; am i rite to refuse the return of his deposit of he should get in contact and its fair to sell the car again As looks like i may loose my Type R because of this
J.p

14th Feb 06 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well whats the point of it being a deposit if it doesnt mean anything and u give him it back?

take his cash..sell the car to the next person!

[Edited on 14-02-2006 by J.p]
Andy GSi

14th Feb 06 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

keep the deposit mate. i have had the same situation when selling my corsa!!!
Ditch

14th Feb 06 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sell the car elsewhere but keep the deposit and see what the fella has to say when he calls... if he is understanding about it all and asks for the deposit then give it him back... no one has lost out etc.

if he is an arse about it then just keep the cash
Ally

14th Feb 06 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ditch
sell the car elsewhere but keep the deposit and see what the fella has to say when he calls... if he is understanding about it all and asks for the deposit then give it him back... no one has lost out etc.

if he is an arse about it then just keep the cash

NovaGTE

14th Feb 06 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh main problem is i have left a deposit on the Type r so am in a situation where i may loose that.

I had someone to call back if it did fall through but have missed a number on her phone number which is just bloody great
Rileysport

14th Feb 06 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by NovaGTE
Yeh main problem is i have left a deposit on the Type r so am in a situation where i may loose that.

I had someone to call back if it did fall through but have missed a number on her phone number which is just bloody great

if you lose out he loses out... simple
Rebrabuk

14th Feb 06 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it is a reasonable sized deposit then chances are there is a good reason why he's not called you, if it's just pennies then he probably isnt arsed about his deposit.

Sell the car to someone else if he doesn't get back to your first but be prepared to refund his deposit if he has a valid and good excuse.

Common sense really...
NovaGTE

14th Feb 06 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rebrabuk
If it is a reasonable sized deposit then chances are there is a good reason why he's not called you, if it's just pennies then he probably isnt arsed about his deposit.

Sell the car to someone else if he doesn't get back to your first but be prepared to refund his deposit if he has a valid and good excuse.

Common sense really...

It is but even if he has a genuine reason im not gonna sell the car by the weekend and loose out on my Accord
PaulW

14th Feb 06 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

out of interest, how much deposit & how much was car sold for??
NovaGTE

14th Feb 06 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was £80, car was sold for £2900.

I stand to loose £150 on the type r if it falls through
PaulW

14th Feb 06 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£80 is pretty much pocket money tbh given the value of the car... I'd of made sure a deposit of atleast 10% of total value was paid up before holding it...

if nothing by wednesday, then I'd just let it go to someone else, £80 isnt worth holding on for ages if you know of someone who can pay up right away!

as for not refunding the deposit, i'm not sure about that one... was anything written up/signed stating the deposit was non returnable? still have legal rights regardless if its a private sale
mattfiesta

14th Feb 06 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i left a £200 deposit on my old fiesta and that was up £1600 so £80 is peanuts really
NovaGTE

14th Feb 06 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just to add to the cock up ive just looked on autotrader to check my add and autotrader has messed up again!!!

Autotrader link

[Edited on 14-02-2006 by Ian]
Midlandstyling

14th Feb 06 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice saxo ,what kit you got on it ?look like a merc

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » problems with buyer 22 database queries in 0.0113249 seconds