corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » How old are you, do you live at home?

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How old are you, do you live at home?
Half Pint

User status: Offline
19th Jan 07 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

27 and looking to move out, feel it about the right time for me now, however watching the market to ensure that it don't crash just after i buy.
gianluigi

19th Jan 07 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

19 at home. like others wont be moving out for sometime. not til im fully commited to a girlfriend
Fro

19th Jan 07 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

18 and at home.
Half Pint

19th Jan 07 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gianluigi
19 at home. like others wont be moving out for sometime. not til im fully commited to a girlfriend

why should this be a factor?

Surely moving out is a decision you will make regardless of relationship. or are you looking for someone to share the financial burden?
shawboy

19th Jan 07 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

24 with a mortgage.
GT4Brody

19th Jan 07 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

27 and have a house with my fiancee who is 21.
I bought my flat on my own when i was 23. property market is just going out of control, my advice to anyone is get on it sooner rather than later.
gianluigi

19th Jan 07 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Half Pint
quote:
Originally posted by gianluigi

why should this be a factor?

Surely moving out is a decision you will make regardless of relationship. or are you looking for someone to share the financial burden?

i seriously wouldnt survive alone. a room mate/lodger is not the same as sharing the house and looking after eachother. i suppose a bit of security is the issue
Colin

19th Jan 07 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by topshot_2k
quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Longer you leave it...more expensive it will be!!

why? could colapse in 5years?

Very much doubt it, people keep buying houses & house prices continue to rise, theres been a talked about supposed 'crash' looming just around the corner for the last 20yrs!! Yet still year after year theres record breaking increases in house values, 17% here last year..........this will never change!!
Tom

19th Jan 07 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Somethings got to give though the cost vs average wage is getting beyond stupid.

I want my own house
Colin

19th Jan 07 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Somethings got to give though the cost vs average wage is getting beyond stupid.

I want my own house

But its always been that way!! Everyone moans yet as soon as a house comes on the market people are jumping to buy it, its never been easier to buy a house!! I cant see anything changing!! The only way it is going to stop is if people stop putting in the offers & virtually force people to drop the price at which point someone will snap it up considering it a bargain or the owner will take it off the market & stay put!!! Nothing is going to happen any time soon!!

[Edited on 19-01-2007 by Colin]
Tom

19th Jan 07 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interest rates, lenders aren't offering fixed rates anymore, peoples mortgages will go up and some are probably stretched as far as they can go. I don't know how it works so i'm just being optimistic tbh
MarkM

19th Jan 07 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

24 living at home...

Did move out for just under a year but moved back....only been living at home due to being at uni doing my Law degree...currently doing my LPC which will be finished by June...if I never went to uni etc I would have moved out a couple of years ago...

Me and the missus are looking at getting out own place around October time...by then I will be working at a firm and she will be working as a graphic designer so we should be on decent money between us...however were not going mad and our first house will probably be a 2 bedroom terrace of some sort...around £70,000-£95,000
ClaireF

19th Jan 07 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

22 and live at home
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

19th Jan 07 at 17:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

21 still at home but in the process of buying
Ojc

19th Jan 07 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most of the people in here that have moved out seem to live up north though, where things are better priced.
James

19th Jan 07 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Most of the people in here that have moved out seem to live up north though, where things are better priced.

Yes I wish we could buy a house/flat for less than 100k
corsa120

19th Jan 07 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im 24 bought house with mrs in sept o6 and loving it deffo wont go back home.

tbh i dont see what all the fuss is about i seem to have more money since i moved out, maybe cos you are more sensible or whatever but i love it.

core i paid 109k for 3-bed semi-detached up in northamptonshire near milton keynes etc

[Edited on 19-01-2007 by corsa120]
Ojc

19th Jan 07 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa120
im 24 bought house with mrs in sept o6 and loving it deffo wont go back home.

tbh i dont see what all the fuss is about i seem to have more money since i moved out, maybe cos you are more sensible or whatever but i love it.

core i paid 109k for 3-bed semi-detached up in northamptonshire near milton keynes etc

[Edited on 19-01-2007 by corsa120]

109k for a starter house round here your look at 160k minimum.
corsa120

19th Jan 07 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no its not a starter house m8 its a full size 3-bed family home, not a rough chav house its nice, conservatory,porch, good size gardens, big rooms etc

sadly house prices are good where i live, you can get a really nice house with loads of land garage 3-bed detached for bout 170k
whitter45

20th Jan 07 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

24 just in the process of completing my purcahse living on my own - my own place
Russ 200sx

21st Jan 07 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I moved out of my mums house last year (23) my girlfriend is 20, my mate has just bought a house 100 yds away from me in the next street so it must get people thinking like yourself, 'should we buy'
But to be honest, its the best thing i have evr done

I understand where your coming from with the house prices in your area though, i wouldnt like that much of a mortgage, we only paid £105 for our 2 bed, needed alot of decorating an tidying up but has nice big drive, conservatory and small but nice garden

[Edited on 21-01-2007 by Russ 200sx]
Russ

21st Jan 07 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

were just in process of buying (me 22 gf19). got a fixed rate before all this bollocks started. on paper we shoudnt be that much worse off (geting rid of my car as its expensive and we dont need 2)
Russ 200sx

21st Jan 07 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, i got rid of my corsa 2.0 16v too, but i dont miss it whatsoever as i have plenty of work to keep me busy in the house, you'll always make money in bricks and mortor and not in cars
John G

21st Jan 07 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

21 living at home, i would love notin more then to be living in my own place with a partner, cudnt afford it if i wanted too!

Jill
Premium Member

21st Jan 07 at 17:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I don't feel like I want to commit to that just yet but you know what its like when all your friends are doing it.

So can I just check to see how old you guys are and whether you have moved out? The average age for moving out and getting a mortgage is actually 31 years so I am well below that.

Thanks

Cheers

I'm 25, got my own house last year (when I was 24 obv)

I can understand it's difficult that all of your friends may be getting properties etc, but there's no set age tbh. Everyone's in different situations- ie: how much they earn, house prices, buying a house on your own or with a partner etc etc.

I'm the first out of my group of friends to buy a house and I did it singularly (without a partner) so now they're all feeling like they have to get their foot on the ladder. My sister is 27, but she's still living at home with my parents. I guess its what works for the individual person/s.

JILL

<<  3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll