corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » External Harddrives

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author External Harddrives
andy1868

User status: Offline
11th Jan 07 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has anybody ever had any dealings with the kind of external harddrive which consists of an old laptop harddrive being put into a small case and attached to a machine via USB?

i plug it in and windows tells me that its installing drivers, when thats finished it says to me that the device is ready to use. i go to (My) Computer and it tells me that it isn't there. then the windows decides its not responding. any advice?
ed

12th Jan 07 at 00:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can get a caddy for any HDD. There is no reason for it to be a laptop one.

You might need to go into system and turn it on or format it though.
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Jan 07 at 01:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The drive will need formatting if you haven't already. Its a laptop drive just so it is smaller - 2.5"
andy1868

12th Jan 07 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for the replies, turns out the drive is knackered. Vista wasn't letting me go anywhere near formatting it. so i tried it on XP and its telling me that theres no disk in E:/. why Vista couldn't have told me that in the first place i don't know

New Poll