corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » bonnet won't open

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author bonnet won't open
corsa1.6sport

User status: Offline
2nd Jan 07 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could any body tell me how i adjust the bonnet release cable plz? cheers
mattievRS

2nd Jan 07 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the bonnet wont open its probably the catch on the bonnet thats stuck not the cable.get someone to pull the handle whilst you push down on the bonnet a couple of times.Not too hard though as youll dent it!Once open grease the catch up.
Fro

2nd Jan 07 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine wouldnt open but wasn't the catch as i greased it and it still wouldn't open, I adjusted the spring as a temporary thing and lee mitchell adjusted the cable for me, there should be a little bracket that you can undo and adjust the cable and then tighten it back up again. Hope this helps
supermike

2nd Jan 07 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea mt17tty is right i pushd it too hard and now im left with loverly dents One thing that will work if someone lifts the bonnet slightly while some pulls the release handle, it also works. I covered my catch and spring with old engine oil, worked a treat

[Edited on 02-01-2007 by supermike]
corsa1.6sport

2nd Jan 07 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have opened it that way and its been greased? so i just want to see if it could be adjusted save the hasle of a 2 man job every time i need to open it? also would it fail an mot if the bonnet don't open correctly?
mattievRS

2nd Jan 07 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one!dont know about the mot mate,grease it anyway as this weather can cause all sorts of shit to get stuck in it....Road salt,dirt and even water causing it to rust.
supermike

2nd Jan 07 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right nice and simple Grab a drill an a hammer, hammer the living day lights out of the catch, drill 2 holes in ur bonnet and install bonnet pinssorted!
corsa1.6sport

2nd Jan 07 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah ive already dented hell out of my bonnet from when i 1st tried to open it? everythings greased up just wana try and adjust it to see if it makes any dif?
mattievRS

2nd Jan 07 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont know how to adjust it mate,sorry.Still gaurantee its the catch.
Fro

2nd Jan 07 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fro-dizzle
Mine wouldnt open but wasn't the catch as i greased it and it still wouldn't open, I adjusted the spring as a temporary thing and lee mitchell adjusted the cable for me, there should be a little bracket that you can undo and adjust the cable and then tighten it back up again. Hope this helps

Should be at the front where the hole is that the big bonnet pin goes in. That's how mine was adjusted.
corsa1.6sport

3rd Jan 07 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

il have to go have a look cheers mate

New Poll