corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » V6 or turbo brake setup on a corsa

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author V6 or turbo brake setup on a corsa
bubble

User status: Offline
1st Jan 07 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
So which version of the 'V6' callipers did you have?

Whichever version you had, you should notice pedal issues.

Brakes operate from displacing fluid. 'V6' brakes have a far larger piston surface area, requiring a far greater amount of fluid to be moved, therefore the pedal moves further.

Only way around it is to re-fulcrum point the brake pedal or alter the bar for the pedal box.

You could get a 1/8" larger master cylinder but I cannot find an off the shelf generic one. The Corsa has 2 types of master cylinder, ABS or non ABS - thats it.

[Edited on 30-12-2006 by LETGSI16V]

my mint hard pedal must have been my imagination then
Gary
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Jan 07 at 17:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ckallis500
easiest and cheapest would be to go down the scrappy and get a set of veccy 5stud front brakes (288mm) u'll need discs/pads and the calipers with the brackets, shoudl be able to pick this lot up for around £25, your best bet would be to find a set of spigot rings (think they are available on here for around £15) then get them re-drilled by a local machine shop, i would say £10 a disc is reasonable to re-drill them to 4 stud. nice and very cheap 4 stud v6 brake set up..

Why would you want to drill spigot rings? Surely drilling the disks would be a better idea.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll