corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help mee!! (C20LET questions)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help mee!! (C20LET questions)
sxibeast

User status: Offline
17th Jul 06 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Almost at the point where im ready to sart the conversion, however still need a few questions answered if poss gents!

1)Would 5 stud setup be any different to 4 stud, or is this just preference?

2)I dont have enough cash to buy 4 pots, so which would be best, a V6 setup or a 2L brake set up? (will be running 15" alloys, though can change to 16" if more suitable for a LET)

3)Potential donor car has no power steering (was a 1.2 8v), how easy would it be to whack in a power steering rack and parts from a newer/higher spec model?

4)Which manifold should i use (a corsa one or cav/cali), or save up for a tubular job)?

Cheers!

Jon

Ry_B
Banned

17th Jul 06 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

About the power steering, will take a lot more effort, time and money than it's worth do a search bud
Ben ev

17th Jul 06 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

power steering will give you a boat load of torque steer but piss to do when engines out the car. use kkk turbo and manifold from the let engine. four pots/ v6 brakes will feel spongy coz you cant aprate the master cylinder. managed to find some older cal turbo ones which have slightly smaller pistons and run 284mm discs which IMO are better suited to the corsa setup than a newer cav/cal turbo or v6 brake

[Edited on 17-07-2006 by Ben ev]
sxibeast

17th Jul 06 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool! cheers guys!

i shall start my hunt for a set of 284mm disks, and may leave the car with no p/s, depending on the price of parts (though scrappy should be able to provide cheaply!)

muppetsport - sorry chap, meant exhaust manifold! wasnt sure if the one from the donor car would squeeze in the engine bay or not.

another question, would 284mm disks fit behind 15" wheels?

cheers!

Jon
Teddy

18th Jul 06 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1)Would 5 stud setup be any different to 4 stud, or is this just preference?

5 stud would enable you to run Turbo brakes right away but you need the hubs and all set up.
You would also need a v6 rear beam to complete this, but again enables you to run turbo brakes

2)I dont have enough cash to buy 4 pots, so which would be best, a V6 setup or a 2L brake set up? (will be running 15" alloys, though can change to 16" if more suitable for a LET)

V6 running a 4 stud configeration would be ok - but the more braking performance the better really considering the weight.

3)Potential donor car has no power steering (was a 1.2 8v), how easy would it be to whack in a power steering rack and parts from a newer/higher spec model?

Yep you would need the steering colum and rack and to save space you can use an electric Saxo PAS pump

4)Which manifold should i use (a corsa one or cav/cali), or save up for a tubular job)?

Strange question - the standard LET manifold obviously has the turbo housed within it - so using the Corsa item isnt an option.
Your better off getting an s144 hybrid (direct reaplcement) in case you decide to up the power at a later date.
sxibeast

18th Jul 06 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers teddy! where can i find one of these s144 hybrid jobs? and are they mega bucks? power will be upped, but not for quite a while
Teddy

18th Jul 06 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Speak to TURBO TECHNICS they do them off the shelf and cost around £700.

The stock kkk16 turbo will be fine if your not planning to really hike the power.

New Poll