corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » SPLUTTERING AFTER GETTING WARM ANY ADVICE PLEASE

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author SPLUTTERING AFTER GETTING WARM ANY ADVICE PLEASE
xbc

User status: Offline
11th Dec 06 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Son as got a Corsa sport 14,16V 97 (P)
Not had it long first thing we had done when we brought was had the cambelt changed, the problem he is getting ,when you first start to drive the car it drives fine ,power there, no spluttering, As the engine gets warm the car start to splutter, power going and comming back, he parked up and the tempreture gauge was just under the red,and the fan had kicked in
he got it home and the next day it starts fine
any advice please on possible cause thanks
corsa sam

11th Dec 06 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try the coil and leads mate same thimg happened too me the coil breaks down when it gets warm
pdwhelan

11th Dec 06 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup i would say coil pack too, as i had the exact same problems but mine was constant even when the engine was cold
xbc

11th Dec 06 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for getting back this coil pack, does it replacing or cleanig or check for lose connections, he also has a ecotek valve fitted can these any problems
corsa sam

11th Dec 06 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Duno bout the valve but it needs replacing i think i paid bout £30 it wa a while back tho so dont really know. I would definnetly replace the coil first tho

New Poll