corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just got in - VBOA application update

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just got in - VBOA application update
Matt H

User status: Offline
10th Dec 06 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by joe6886
even though I have'nt got a Corsa to show anymore

It's OK, we'll share
Matt H

10th Dec 06 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
delete my comments then

Bye
Ian
Site Administrator

10th Dec 06 at 22:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
delete my comments then
I'm designing database tables to automate out ticket sales for 2007 show season, dealing with a total of over £3000 worth of transactions, and you want me to knock off to fuck about tidying up after you - great use of time there Mr Admin
Ian
Site Administrator

10th Dec 06 at 22:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules S
Surely it's easy enough to set up a separate member list (lets say Premium+/member+) where you collect addresses with an additional payment?
Indeed, the question is how much additional payment and why.
Ian
Site Administrator

10th Dec 06 at 22:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by joe6886
even though I have'nt got a Corsa to show anymore
Borrow one off Matt, he's got far too many.
jr

10th Dec 06 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by jr
prem membership numbers should rise
Or show attendances drop. Or both.

could do, but as were not bad at shows i can only see it carrying on at the same numbers

its the only way i can see details beeing collected, for 2 good reasons, and people not having an issue with it
Jules S
Premium Member

10th Dec 06 at 22:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by Jules S
Surely it's easy enough to set up a separate member list (lets say Premium+/member+) where you collect addresses with an additional payment?
Indeed, the question is how much additional payment and why.

Sorry Ian...a typo on my part...I meant without
Ian
Site Administrator

10th Dec 06 at 22:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes - thats what I'm thinking, we get the details but no payment. Not sure if that is "club" enough though?
Steve
Premium Member

10th Dec 06 at 22:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the easiest thing is like you said, the obvious is to make it so tickets can only be bought by premium members, what is the problem with this?

you have many premium members, there would be no shortage at shows and may encourage people to sign up to premium membership
Colin

10th Dec 06 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well then whats the harm in making an aditional state of membership for those wishing to attend shows & such like. I myself dont mind contributing but will never be at a show & dont particularly wish Ian to have my address

Could charge a fiver or whatever to cover admin charges
James

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Yes - thats what I'm thinking, we get the details but no payment. Not sure if that is "club" enough though?

Surely it would be more "club" if you explain to them that you aren't out to make money and any additional membership fees wouldn't be justified?
jr

Yes but that proves nothing

IMO using the PM membership number, which people use to order tickets, as all the details are now on file is very club like IMO
Ian
Site Administrator

10th Dec 06 at 22:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
make it so tickets can only be bought by premium members, what is the problem with this?
It doubles the cost of going to PVS for 50 people.
James

10th Dec 06 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
the easiest thing is like you said, the obvious is to make it so tickets can only be bought by premium members, what is the problem with this?

you have many premium members, there would be no shortage at shows and may encourage people to sign up to premium membership

Or encourage people to show with the likes of corsa2corsa where they wont have to pay for premium to do so.
jr

10th Dec 06 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Ian
Site Administrator

10th Dec 06 at 22:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Could do but we don't need it - it'll be automated. Perhaps I phone people up and check the numbers, but I can absorb that
jr

10th Dec 06 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
make it so tickets can only be bought by premium members, what is the problem with this?

not really when its put in the terms of £1.somthign a month, hardly an outlay
Liam

10th Dec 06 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe have 2 types of paid membership. Say £5 for people who just want to access PL and have a garage/avatar, and £12.50 or abit more to be part of the shows etc?
Steve
Premium Member

10th Dec 06 at 22:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:

so? tough? if they dont want to be a contributer to the site, do you really want them there anyway? seems a bit freeloader'ish
jr

10th Dec 06 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
quote:

Or encourage people to show with the likes of corsa2corsa where they wont have to pay for premium to do so.

yes and be on a shitty little stand in the middle of knowhere

IMo like ive said we've actully got a good reputation at PVS and traxs for our stands, people should want to be involved

its £1.06 or somthing a month, i loose more change than that a month
Robin
Premium Member

10th Dec 06 at 22:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how many of the people who showed at PVS were non-preem?
Colin

10th Dec 06 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Could do but we don't need it - it'll be automated. Perhaps I phone people up and check the numbers, but I can absorb that

Could pass a hat around at shows, collecting to pay your phone bill
jr

10th Dec 06 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
how many of the people who showed at PVS were non-preem?

50/50 proberly, but like i say, sold in the right terms (£1 a month FFS) it will be a sucess IMO and we'll not loose show attendance because of it
Jules S
Premium Member

10th Dec 06 at 22:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Set up a separate room called 'VBOA members' like the prem lounge and let people enrol to it who want tickets and are prepared to pass over adresses etc.

I can't see they (VBOA) could want/ask for anymore than that
Colin

10th Dec 06 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Liam
Maybe have 2 types of paid membership. Say £5 for people who just want to access PL and have a garage/avatar, and £12.50 or abit more to be part of the shows etc?

Or

£10 for PL and have a garage/avatar & if you want to access shows & discounts an extra £5 + your address

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just got in - VBOA application update 22 database queries in 0.2253070 seconds