corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Say I wanted to....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Say I wanted to....
Colin

User status: Offline
7th Dec 06 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Be able to play the music on the harddrive of my PC through my TV so its all sort of connected together....how would I do this???

I have a function on my LCD TV so I can view the PC screen but I want to somehow link it up to a home surround sound, or maybe just some good quality speekers & an amp so it all works together

Can anyone help as im not really up on all this sheeit
John

7th Dec 06 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All you need to do is connect the line out into an amp, or into the tv.
Colin

7th Dec 06 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So I'll just need to get a Amp & set of speakers & hook them up

Also the cable to connect the PC to TV is way too short, will I be able to pick up one of these say 4M long???

I was going to get some BOSE cube speakers (The smallest Acoustimass package), anyone got an idea on an AMP to run this through???

Sorry for being thick but ive never really looked at this sort of stuff before
John

7th Dec 06 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can just buy cables of any length for whatever you buy.

Any amp will have an input you can use.

What amp to buy though i'll let somebody else answer.
Colin

7th Dec 06 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok cool thanks

Need suggestions on what to buy now
Dom

7th Dec 06 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

usually your LCD or surround amp (if you have one) will have some sort of input via phonos (can use tape in), i would just connect it to that using a 3.5mm -> phono cables...and get it off ebay, i've got 5m jobby to reach around my room etc

If you need an amp setup then i would look at going surround sound, would be the best deal and you can upgrade it bit by bit ie: stereo first, then add speakers, 3/4/5.1 etc

Look on richersounds, personally i would go with a Cambridge Audio AZUR 540R, it's the best for buck and sounds bloody top notch, read the what hifi review.
There was a previous model, but for the life of me i cant remember what it was called, was smaller and only did 5.1 but you could pick them up for under 200 quid new a few months back.

As for speakers, ebay for a set of mission 760s bookshelfs (or the 760i's which are bi-wireable) or 753/752 floorstanders. There the last of the mission range that i would give them any credit to, new stuff is shite.
Otherwise, look at A&E/B&W - would be a good start.
If you want to go cheap, then whalfdale i suppose - there getting better and they offer could sound for the price.

Really depends on your budget
Colin

8th Dec 06 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont have any surround sound or that just now just the speakers built in wich aint up to much.

Not sure what im wanting to spend probably roughly 500-600 all in if thats possible

Deffo dont want big bulky speakers that will take over the room so small cube speakers if possible, im not even that bothered about a surround system, just a good quality punchy system I can sit alongside the TV & play everything through!!

Im expecting to play - TV, DVD's, CD's, XBox & Music off PC.

I like BOSE, my father has Bose Acoustimass 15 & its bloody great but damn its not cheap!!
Dom

8th Dec 06 at 02:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get some decent floor standers, either side of the tv, take up sod all room, and go for an av amp, like the cambridge audio i suggested - that way, if you want to go for the full hog and get surround sound its just the case of adding speakers.

Also budget for some decent cabling (speaker cable, interconnects) as that can easily cost you a fair wack.

If you really want cube speakers then...well im not sure, never really bothered looking into them. Drunken has some B&W jobbies, but there like a grand for the 5.1 setup

Grap some copies of home cinema, what hifi and read through the reviews - have a butchers at the avforums too, they'll beable to tell you what you want to be looking at for your budget
Colin

8th Dec 06 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the advice

Im really really not wanting big floorstanding speakers.

I think I might just save some more money to get the ones I want.......dont like scrimping on stuff like this
GT4Brody

9th Dec 06 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Be able to play the music on the harddrive of my PC through my TV so its all sort of connected together....how would I do this???

I have a function on my LCD TV so I can view the PC screen but I want to somehow link it up to a home surround sound, or maybe just some good quality speekers & an amp so it all works together

Can anyone help as im not really up on all this sheeit
GT4Brody

9th Dec 06 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great love it

New Poll