corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My Corsa - Through Its Changes (Pg26 - Bye Bye)

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My Corsa - Through Its Changes (Pg26 - Bye Bye)
Whittie

User status: Offline
28th Apr 07 at 00:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

29th Apr 07 at 18:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And the XE is sitting in place

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
SAL
Premium Member

29th Apr 07 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jamesvalver

29th Apr 07 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

work is coming on really well now mate. ive never been keen on smoothed arches but your car pulls it off a treat! there isnt one bit of this car that i dont like!! (apart from the chrome lol)
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

30th Apr 07 at 07:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers James, arches look really good, and was something different (around this area)

I'm not keen on chrome stuff either, mines all polished just rocker cover is looking a bit dull.

I'l get some pics when the engine is in and finished all tarted up, the roose motorsport coolant/breather hoses don't all seem to fit though waste of £150.

Got few little bits still needed, starter motor is missing, and getting the hoses to fit, fuel lines to fit then she shouldn't be far off coming home finally.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
jamesvalver

30th Apr 07 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got a spare starter motor if you cant find one locally mate.

i was looking at the roose motorsport hoses but couldnt be bothered to pay out that much for somethin that might not of fitted
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

30th Apr 07 at 18:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think got the starter motor sorted now if not i'l be intouch James.

I'l get some decent pics of the car when I get it back for a cartoon drawing also seems ages ago I asked you now

Well at the moment I wouldn't reccomend anyone buying the roose motorsport hoses.

Fuel lines need modified, start motor fitted again, little bit of welding, one drive shaft left to fit, wiring to sort, fan to modify to miss the manifold, then hopefully shouldn't be too much more to sort.

Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

2nd May 07 at 22:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its all running, fired up first turn of the key today

Bit tappy with sitting for a while so, oil and filter change tomorrow, get her running sweet then be out on the roads at the weekend fingers crossed.

And after sitting gathering dust since its re-spray its had a quick polish up again....

mwg

3rd May 07 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Minted
expire

3rd May 07 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AMAZING!!
Wonderboy

3rd May 07 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lovely I bet you can't wait to drive it. It will feel so fast compared to the 1.2 8v
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

8th May 07 at 21:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Picked it up tonight and ermmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Haven't given it much of a rev yet but the XE pulls amazing, not sure if its just compared with 1.2 power but

Also not bad to just drive normally around town was quite suprised.

J4M13

8th May 07 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

driving it for the first time is an amazing feeling eh, i had a big grin (and still do) when i put my foot down.
Butler

8th May 07 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was the bottom end still in when the bay was sprayed?
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

9th May 07 at 07:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No engine was fully removed, sprayed then the XE fitted after spraying.

Cloth is covering all the hoses etc behind the engine into the bulk head!

It does give you a certain grin factor look a bit like that driving it at times

mwg

9th May 07 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you want a race or what?
EarlofBarnet

9th May 07 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very tidy Dan! What a transformation over the last 3 months!
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

9th May 07 at 12:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty G
Do you want a race or what?

Nope it won't match phase 6.5 in yours Matty Boy.

quote:
Originally posted by EarlofBarnet
Very tidy Dan! What a transformation over the last 3 months!

Cheers Matt, just needs some final finishing touches and then its finished, but for the next few months only thing being done is washed and petrol put in

Have to get yours out next week and meet up exchange some merchandise

corsaaa_16v

9th May 07 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lets see some final pics with every in place and fully functional/sprayed, etc
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

9th May 07 at 14:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will get pics when I get it washed and add few engine goodies tonight hopefully!

M Sutton

9th May 07 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking forward to seeing the finished pics mate....
Makes me want to get my engine convertion done now lol!!
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

9th May 07 at 21:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exterior pics soon, been re-fitting a few bits and bobs inside that I never got round too after the re-spray!

Exhaust heat shield fitted tonight, quick going over with autosol:

SAL
Premium Member

9th May 07 at 21:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant wait to see this at pvs and meet you daniel
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

9th May 07 at 21:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stavs
cant wait to see this at pvs and meet you daniel

Stavs I won't be showing at PVS as I had so many troubles with the XE etc I missed the deadline. Probs still fetch it down for the weekend. Actually meet a few of you fellas

SAL
Premium Member

9th May 07 at 21:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wtf, fuck the deadline and get a ticket on the gate, £15 or something, willay will give you a standpass for free...you best be there as you have one of the best corsa's on here a it needs to be shown with its family

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My Corsa - Through Its Changes (Pg26 - Bye Bye) 24 database queries in 0.2095551 seconds