corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Tomorrow i will be mostly...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tomorrow i will be mostly...
Mark1984_SRI

User status: Offline
16th Nov 06 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

playing on gears of war This game is going to be THE definitive shooter (until halo 3 arrives). I know there are other threads about this game but i think it deserves one the day before release... Who else can't wait? I'm getting the ltd. edition one because i am that much of a geek!!!
Cybermonkey

16th Nov 06 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Goldeneye is THE definitive shooter. always was, always will be
Mark1984_SRI

16th Nov 06 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I say defintive in relation to the 360, the definitve shooter on 360. Nothing will ever touch goldeneye, multiplayer on the 'facility' level was
Steve
Premium Member

16th Nov 06 at 09:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

let us know what its like im getting this v soon
Mark1984_SRI

16th Nov 06 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
let us know what its like im getting this v soon

Will do mate
bradgsi

16th Nov 06 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tomorrow. Looks like i will be stealing some money out of my mams purse
Mark1984_SRI

16th Nov 06 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bradgsi
Tomorrow. Looks like i will be stealing some money out of my mams purse

Honestly it will be worth the slap of your mum I'm hoping they release it early (today) as this sometimes happens as it did with PES6 and splinter cell !! *crosses fingers*
dave17

16th Nov 06 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea let me know how you get on with this, been looking forward to it for ages.
Mark1984_SRI

16th Nov 06 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dave17
Yea let me know how you get on with this, been looking forward to it for ages.

Will do mate no worries, a full report will be posted tomorrow
dave17

16th Nov 06 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Closing Comments
Gears of War is a must-have game, pure and simple. Epic has effectively created a new gaming universe, and the rich story of planet Sera holds its own with the likes of Hyrule, City 17 and the Mushroom-friggin'-Kingdom. A game so gorgeous, both visually and aurally, that is this fun to play comes along only a handful of times a console generation.

There is a healthy learning curve to the cover system, but those who master it will find Epic's twisting and turning and rolling an exciting change-up in the shooter genre, a blend of fast-arcade action and basic, tactical maneuvering. The Insane difficulty level gives Gears legs months after you've finished the relatively-short campaign, and even with a friend it is an impossible, irresistible challenge. Versus is a one-trick pony, consisting of a team deathmatch with three basic variations, but damn, that mode is fun. Downloadable content is on the way, says Epic, but as it stands today, we are left wanting more. Bottom line: Gears of War is the special kind of game that makes you feel like a kid again, a sadistic little bastard obsessed with gore and chainsaws.

Mark1984_SRI

16th Nov 06 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dave17
Closing Comments
Gears of War is a must-have game, pure and simple. Epic has effectively created a new gaming universe, and the rich story of planet Sera holds its own with the likes of Hyrule, City 17 and the Mushroom-friggin'-Kingdom. A game so gorgeous, both visually and aurally, that is this fun to play comes along only a handful of times a console generation.

There is a healthy learning curve to the cover system, but those who master it will find Epic's twisting and turning and rolling an exciting change-up in the shooter genre, a blend of fast-arcade action and basic, tactical maneuvering. The Insane difficulty level gives Gears legs months after you've finished the relatively-short campaign, and even with a friend it is an impossible, irresistible challenge. Versus is a one-trick pony, consisting of a team deathmatch with three basic variations, but damn, that mode is fun. Downloadable content is on the way, says Epic, but as it stands today, we are left wanting more. Bottom line: Gears of War is the special kind of game that makes you feel like a kid again, a sadistic little bastard obsessed with gore and chainsaws.

Top stuff that !!! Really hope it delivers (which i'm sure it will) can't wait !!!!!!!!!

New Poll