corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa C SRi vs 106 GTi/Saxo VTS

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C SRi vs 106 GTi/Saxo VTS
alli Ronald

User status: Offline
16th Nov 06 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
yeh I know one which did a 15.0 standard 1/4 mile.

and yet with your 160hp you only managed a 14.8 you must be gutted.

personally - id rather have the corsa too, reason being - in standard trim i think its better, and caring more about safety etc than how fast i can navigate McD's carpark on cruise night.... saxo's etc have sh!te safety standards as do 106's - possibly why they are so light... and if your into modding etc there seems to be more available for the corsa than the others too... still - each to their own.
johnhara1

16th Nov 06 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cunningham
john you must have a shit valver if a standard vts or 106gti keeps up with you till aboot 60mph as soon as i stop spinning and get it in second am past and pulling hard

ive no idea if they were standard or not m8, ive only raced a couple and they were never from standing they were rolling from say 30mph the rest is going on what ive been told by others with XE Corsas. They are 120bhp from factory but some are more like 130bhp plus with a few simple mods theyre running nearly 140bhp.

Considering a 20XE is probably sub 140bhp due to its age and about 150bhp with a few mods to make up for its age then the comparison is v close due to the VTS weight. Are you sure it was a real VTS you were racing and the driver was giving it as much as you were the corsa?

I tend to try and launch from 1st without or with v little spinning (its on 16s)

My valver is by no means slow, i havent had it RR'd but it pulls and pulls until its off the clock (indicated 140+) my m8 has a XE corsa also and theres no difference in performance so i can only assume its pretty healthy. The first night i got it had a 10mile run against a VTS with a C2 engine in it on CAMS, a Remap, a £700 manifold and exhaust and a filter. Was neck and neck at an indicated 142mph. Stopped and had a chat with him, they are by no means slow.

[Edited on 16-11-2006 by johnhara1]
Paul_J

16th Nov 06 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and talking about the motorway torque, even when my car was standard on the motorway with painz my car would pull away from his 1.8.

Off from a standstill it was no competition.
Cybermonkey

16th Nov 06 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnhara1
quote:
Originally posted by cunningham
john you must have a shit valver if a standard vts or 106gti keeps up with you till aboot 60mph as soon as i stop spinning and get it in second am past and pulling hard

ive no idea if they were standard or not m8, ive only raced a couple and they were never from standing they were rolling from say 30mph the rest is going on what ive been told by others with XE Corsas. They are 120bhp from factory but some are more like 130bhp plus with a few simple mods theyre running nearly 140bhp.

Considering a 20XE is probably sub 140bhp due to its age then the comparison is v close and the VTS is underestimated. Are you sure it was a real VTS you were racing and the driver was giving it as much as you were the corsa?

My valver is by no means slow, it pulls and pulls until its off the clock (indicated 140+) my m8 has a XE corsa also and theres no difference in performance. The first night i got it had a 10mile run against a VTS with a C2 engine in it on CAMS, a Remap, a £700 manifold and exhaust and a filter. Was neck and neck at an indicated 142mph.

20XE and sub 140bhp if its sub 140bhp, it needs a good fuckin rebuild mate
Steve
Premium Member

16th Nov 06 at 11:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
and talking about the motorway torque, even when my car was standard on the motorway with painz my car would pull away from his 1.8.

paul j in one and a half sentence shocker
ARD1

16th Nov 06 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my vts with the 50shot of nos and light breathing mods, although i was having probs with the nos not coming on till third still struggled to keep up with xe corsa's a pod, but thats more to do with the huge torque from those engines, i catch a little in the top rev range but as soon as i changed gear i was the same distance behind again lol. As for a corsa C ive beaten a few up the pod by a long way. the closest they came was always more than a second behind and that was without nos and just a filter
Cybermonkey

quote:

standard for standard, the Z18XE has a lot better torque spread than a gti. in fact, a corsa would be in its element at this situation, should have no trouble being quicker than a gti in this situation. hell, my 1.6 sport used to be quicker than a gti at 50-90mph
cunningham

ive raced a m8 in a pug gti with group n exhaust and filter i think there was no real competition

i did get smoked by a gti pug once i know him and hes adimint its standard its a vts engine its ion so oviously it could have had cams the lot before it was put in another example of having to change the engine after 60-70k miles
ARD1

16th Nov 06 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would be good if ive still got the car to see how she is now with the boddies and 75shot against xe's

[Edited on 16-11-2006 by ARD1]
johnhara1

16th Nov 06 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey

my point exactly , do you expect a engine thats 15yr old, thats spent 12yrs pulling a 1500kg calibra or cavalier around then been ragged to fook by a young lad in a corsa to still be producing 150bhp?

a VTS with a few little mods will have equivilent power to a XE thats not healthy

[Edited on 16-11-2006 by johnhara1]
Paul_J

16th Nov 06 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alli Ronald
quote:
yeh I know one which did a 15.0 standard 1/4 mile.

and yet with your 160hp you only managed a 14.8 you must be gutted.

I am... hence the in my sig.

That guy ended up doing a 14.8 with just exhaust and filter. Problem is with 1/4 mile is, you have to get the launch 100% perfect, and since I've increased the power it's not as easy to launch and find the traction as it was.

With no LSD, and crappy tyres, in cold weather 14.8 was what I got. But when I did it I thought it was gonna be a 16 or something as it was such a poor start off the line.

When I had just exhaust + filter I did a 15.3, and it gripped so well of the line.

My car should be capable of at least 14.6 maybe better. Sly_Sri did a 14.4 @ 93, which is the same terminal speed - so if I got a better launch my car would've been even with him.

Thing is, XE'd corsa's differ just as much as 106 gti / VTS engines.

Some XE's are poor and only do 15.8's standard, some 106 gti's engines are poor and do like 16.8's as standard!

Some XE's are awesome and do 14.4's! some Gti engines standard are good and do 15 flat!

etc...

It's just all over the place, and this (As well as the driver) is why 1 person can race a gti or xe and beat it, but yet other's would thrash it.

These debates are silly, unless settled on the 1/4 mile, where you can compare your best 1/4 mile time with someone elses.

But end of the Day a Standard Gti / VTs will thrash a 1.8 Corsa SRi off the line and round the twisties.
Nic Barnes

16th Nov 06 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnhara1
quote:

my point exactly , do you expect a engine thats 15yr old, thats been ragged to fuck in a corsa to still be producing 150bhp?

a VTS with a few little mods will have equivilent power to a XE thats not healthy.

most seem to return over 150bhp even though they are 100k+ miles and ragged to hell on rollers
Cybermonkey

16th Nov 06 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ARD1
my vts with the 50shot of nos and light breathing mods, although i was having probs with the nos not coming on till third still struggled to keep up with xe corsa's a pod, but thats more to do with the huge torque from those engines, i catch a little in the top rev range but as soon as i changed gear i was the same distance behind again lol. As for a corsa C ive beaten a few up the pod by a long way. the closest they came was always more than a second behind and that was without nos and just a filter

huge torque hope you didnt blow the inlet welds on your NOS injectors did the floorplate detach when you overboosted your quantum nitrous booster VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM TSSSSSSH

Cybermonkey

16th Nov 06 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

ESSAY ESSAY ESSAY YADDA YADDA YADDA ESSAY ESSAY ESSAY YADDA YADDA YADDA ESSAY ESSAY ESSAY YADDA YADDA YADDA ESSAY ESSAY ESSAY YADDA YADDA YADDA ESSAY ESSAY ESSAY YADDA YADDA YADDA ESSAY ESSAY ESSAY YADDA YADDA YADDA ESSAY ESSAY ESSAY YADDA YADDA YADDA ESSAY ESSAY ESSAY YADDA YADDA YADDA ........
But end of the Day a Standard Gti / VTs will thrash a 1.8 Corsa SRi off the line and round the twisties.

should be fairly equal IMO
alli Ronald

16th Nov 06 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats exactly what i was aiming at mate these debates are silly, ive scalped a few bigger faster (on paper) bikes with my old 600... yet - im sure if i was riding them id be quicker than me on a 600 if you get my drift. youll never get a true 'like-for-like' comparison so why bother? just pick the one that you like best and live with it!
Paul_J

16th Nov 06 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yeh also I'm sick of this standard vs standard bollocks.

As ALL XE'd corsa's have exhaust + Filter.

which makes a fair difference on 106 gti.
Ojc

16th Nov 06 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Clive, ARD1 is a good lad. Look at his car for sale in the classifeds, he knows his stuff.
Cybermonkey

16th Nov 06 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Oh yeh also I'm sick of this standard vs standard bollocks.

As ALL XE'd corsa's have exhaust + Filter.

which makes a fair difference on 106 gti.

my XE corsa is standard
ARD1

16th Nov 06 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ARD1

huge torque hope you didnt blow the inlet welds on your NOS injectors did the floorplate detach when you overboosted your quantum nitrous booster VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM TSSSSSSH

the xe engine has shed loads more torque then a the tu engine, and when you say VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM TSSSSSSH thought that was the noise a dump valve makes not nos.
Steve
Premium Member

16th Nov 06 at 11:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Clive, ARD1 is a good lad. Look at his car for sale in the classifeds, he knows his stuff.

hes a lovely lad
Paul_J

quote:
quote:

ESSAY ESSAY ESSAY YADDA YADDA YADDA ESSAY ESSAY ESSAY YADDA YADDA YADDA ESSAY ESSAY ESSAY YADDA YADDA YADDA ESSAY ESSAY ESSAY YADDA YADDA YADDA ESSAY ESSAY ESSAY YADDA YADDA YADDA ESSAY ESSAY ESSAY YADDA YADDA YADDA ESSAY ESSAY ESSAY YADDA YADDA YADDA ESSAY ESSAY ESSAY YADDA YADDA YADDA ........

Perhaps you should stop blabbering on the internet, talking about how amazingly quick your car is as it bought a heavy barge of a polo gti and take it to a 1/4 mile and see what time it does.

1/4 miles give you some true timing of the car's straight line performance off a stand still. I doubt you'd even get close to 15's.
johnhara1

quote:
Originally posted by muppetsport

most seem to return over 150bhp even though they are 100k+ miles and ragged to hell on rollers

do they? i havent had mine rolling roaded yet. Hopefully it will be 150bhp still then.
johnhara1

16th Nov 06 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.timmcamis.com/rear_horse.html
Cybermonkey

16th Nov 06 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

was more turned on by the Aero Spacelines SuperGuppy behind his saxo on the track

ARD1, you're a lovely lad.
Cybermonkey

16th Nov 06 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Perhaps you should stop blabbering on the internet, talking about how amazingly quick your car is as it bought a heavy barge of a polo gti and take it to a 1/4 mile and see what time it does.

1/4 miles give you some true timing of the car's straight line performance off a stand still. I doubt you'd even get close to 15's.

as said before, i managed a 15.2. and my car didnt bought a polo gti, it has no soul and no money

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa C SRi vs 106 GTi/Saxo VTS 22 database queries in 0.1059740 seconds