corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Beckham

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Beckham
Marc

User status: Offline
13th Nov 06 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely he has to leave Real Madrid now! Did anyone see the game last night? He was warming up 10 minutes in to the second half and the camera kept going to him with the commentators saying looks like hes coming on, he got 10 minutes and that includes 3 added minutes. No wonder hes currently not in the England squad. What could he possibly do in that time.
Cosmo

13th Nov 06 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If he had any sense he would go to the US and expand his image over there for when he retires!
Marc

13th Nov 06 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Either that or another season over here. He could of got 45 minutes last night without affecting the result.
Cosmo

13th Nov 06 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he'd have to settle for a lower team over here than he would like IMO.
Marc

13th Nov 06 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely better than sitting on the bench, I bet the skill level in the US isn't even on a par with our lower teams.
Jodi_the_g

13th Nov 06 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be fair real only brought Beckham as a marketing tool he opens up more markets than any other player in the world.
Cosmo

13th Nov 06 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah but I dont think he should come back here to play at a lower level, wouldnt be good for him image which he has worked his whole career building up. Going to the US where he could build up his image over there, even if the level isnt great, would be the best thing.
Jamie Walby

13th Nov 06 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont see why he isnt playing tbh.

I watched Reals cup match during the week and I personally thought he was fantastic. Played a diagonal ball all of 50/60 yards directly to Ronaldo who was running into the box, he score and created a goal. He also looked more passionate and determined than most of the Real players on that night.

What more can he do. He should leave.
Jamie Walby

13th Nov 06 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Yeah but I dont think he should come back here to play at a lower level, wouldnt be good for him image which he has worked his whole career building up. Going to the US where he could build up his image over there, even if the level isnt great, would be the best thing.

I agree with that. I heard Tottenham would be interested in signing him.
stuartmitchell

13th Nov 06 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i heard celtic want him too
gianluigi

13th Nov 06 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

forza capello
Nath

13th Nov 06 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gianluigi
forza capello

forza motorsport
Robbo

13th Nov 06 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He did get told though that iof he goes to the US he won't ever get backin England squad as McLaren said he won't travel out there to watch him! That said he aint getting back in whilst at real either!
gianluigi

13th Nov 06 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jim magilton better step up and sign him
Hammer

13th Nov 06 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
If he had any sense he would go to the US and expand his image over there for when he retires!

If he had no sense at all this is what he would do. Hes a footballer first and foremost then he's a global marketing tool second.

He's good enough to play for Real Madrid and he's good enough to be part of the England set up as well, there's more than hint of using him as a scapegoat by both McClaren and Capello due to the fact he is so high profile.

I wouldn't be surprised if Arsenal came in for him tbh, Wenger has been a fan in the past, the fact hes moving into his thirties could be a stumbling block though.
Cosmo

13th Nov 06 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

his top-flight football career is over TBH. He will never get back into the England team now McClaren is there. And I dont see him getting back into the Real side anytime soon either.

His best feature now is his image, and moving to a second rate club such as Spurs (who are probably the best team who will go in for him) wont help this. It will just be seen as a step down. Going to the US wont be seen as a step down as he will be their main player over there, and his image and marketing abilities will probably be higher than they ever have.
Cosmo

13th Nov 06 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And why would Arsenal want to sign someone who is 32 in May?!
Hammer

13th Nov 06 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That would be why i said the only stumbling block could be his age.

He's good enough to play for the big teams still so his top flight football career doesn't have to be over. If he goes to America i guarantee he'd regret it you see it so many times.

I'll admit it he's still far too good for Celtic to consider buying and he'd walk into you side.
Cosmo

13th Nov 06 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He'd walk into our side...Liverpool? Over which player?

He wont get in on the right over Gerrard. He cant do the defending role that Sissoko does. And he can pass aswell as Alonso but cant do the central midfield role anymore. So where is he going to play...on the left?! Not with his lack of left foot he isnt.
Hammer

13th Nov 06 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He'd play on the right side of midfield where Liverpool do not have a better player which would allow Gerrard to play in the centre where he is at his best.
Cosmo

13th Nov 06 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
He'd play on the right side of midfield where Liverpool do not have a better player which would allow Gerrard to play in the centre where he is at his best.

you dont understand the system we play obviously. Gerrard isnt on the right as we have no one else who can play there, he is there as it gives him the freedom to play attacking football with little defensive duties. He rarely stays on the right and is all over the pitch.

This is compared to him being in the centre, alongside Alonso, where he could play attacking football but would still have to come back and play defensive aswell...which is not where he is at his best for the team.
Jamie Walby

13th Nov 06 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Liverpool play the most boring football I have ever seen.
Cosmo

13th Nov 06 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
Liverpool play the most boring football I have ever seen.

we were shite yesterday. Watch us when we are playing well and the football isnt boring (the Bordeux game is a good example of this)....but when we are bad we are boring and seemingly have no idea most of the time during those games!
Hammer

13th Nov 06 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

you dont understand the system we play obviously. Gerrard isnt on the right as we have no one else who can play there, he is there as it gives him the freedom to play attacking football with little defensive duties. He rarely stays on the right and is all over the pitch.

This is compared to him being in the centre, alongside Alonso, where he could play attacking football but would still have to come back and play defensive aswell...which is not where he is at his best for the team.

How come anyone that disagrees with your opinion either has no footballing knowledge or doesn't understand football or tactics or systems?

Maybe if Benitez understood his own system you wouldn't have 1 point from 6 away games
Cosmo

13th Nov 06 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
How come anyone that disagrees with your opinion either has no footballing knowledge or doesn't understand football or tactics or systems?

Maybe if Benitez understood his own system you wouldn't have 1 point from 6 away games

because I understand Liverpools system and have watched them more times than you have, I have read many interviews with the players and manager about our system. So I might not know more about other teams, but about Liverpool I know a lot.

And BTW...your questings a managers system that has lead us to win the Champions League and FA Cup

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Beckham 23 database queries in 0.1786559 seconds