corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Beckham

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Beckham
Hammer

User status: Offline
13th Nov 06 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never questioned it

I am saying Gerrard should play as a centre mid, an opinion which after watching numerous programmes, is shared by ex Liverpool players ex managers pundits and just about every neutral fan!

He won those trophies with a different group of players and having watched the Champions league final, with Gerrard playing a very different position to the one i have seen him play the past few times i have seen Liverpool.
Jamie Walby

13th Nov 06 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wanna know why every Liverpool fan I speak to knows more about Liverpool FC than the next Liverpool fan Its almost like a competition.
Cosmo

13th Nov 06 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you'll find that Gerrard was in the middle in the first half during the final...when we were 3-0 down. Hamann came on for Finnan at half time and went into central mid with Alonso and guess who was on the right in that free role....Gerrard.

Which of our midfielders scored 23 goals last season from playing on the right? Whilst the central mid helped keep the most clean sheets in the Prem

He can play in the middle, probably better than the majority of players in the world, but he is better for the team on the right and thats where he should be. No one said last season when he was playing well he shouldnt be there...but now we havent won away from home its all down to Gerrard being on the right
Cosmo

13th Nov 06 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
I wanna know why every Liverpool fan I speak to knows more about Liverpool FC than the next Liverpool fan Its almost like a competition.

Im not arguing with a Liverpool fan though, if this was an opinion of someone who had seen a lot of Liverpool using this system, and knew the actual thinking behind it via all the interviews, etc. then Id understand. But listening to some football pundits who the majority havent managed a club to win anything and then forming your opinion is just stupid.
Jamie Walby

13th Nov 06 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wasnt talking about this particular conversation. You and MarkM often have discussions about Liverpool and trying to better each other with comments like you know a source at the club etc......the thread about Gerrards bird being the best example.
Cosmo

13th Nov 06 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I wasnt talking about this particular conversation. You and MarkM often have discussions about Liverpool and trying to better each other with comments like you know a source at the club etc......the thread about Gerrards bird being the best example.

that wasnt anything about the club though...and so far no story has come out has it
Jamie Walby

13th Nov 06 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No but you were both claiming to know more about the situation that the other which is the point im getting at. Liverpool fans always know best
Hammer

13th Nov 06 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You must have watched the champions league final either drunk or through your Benitez tinted spectacles, the turnaround all came when Gerrard took the game by the scruff of the neck from the middle of the park, i don't care if you have watched Liverpool over a million times, that is what happened and it is still one of the best single performance's i have ever seen from a single player.

Even if he was meant to be playing on the right he wasn't believe me
Cosmo

13th Nov 06 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
No but you were both claiming to know more about the situation that the other which is the point im getting at. Liverpool fans always know best

I wouldnt argue something unless I knew I was right. In that situation I had heard the rumours a long time before that post, but knew it wasnt true by both knowing he was still staying at home and just common sense (the fact that even if a full story hadnt come out something would of by now!).

If it had been about Henrys missus, and Robbo had posted it up and you knew it wasnt right would that mean all Arsenal fans think they know best?!
Jamie Walby

13th Nov 06 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're doing it now.

You are an argumentative fucker arent you
Cosmo

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
You must have watched the champions league final either drunk or through your Benitez tinted spectacles, the turnaround all came when Gerrard took the game by the scruff of the neck from the middle of the park, i don't care if you have watched Liverpool over a million times, that is what happened and it is still one of the best single performance's i have ever seen from a single player.

Even if he was meant to be playing on the right he wasn't believe me

Read this carefully now as you seem to be misunderstading something here....

Hamman came on for Finnan and was playing in the centre with Alonso. Gerrard went onto the right to play his free role (i.e. all over the pitch) as he did all last season and is doing this season.

Yes Gerrard changed the game as you said, but he was not playing in the centre mid when he did so...as you seem to think he was.

Oh, and no I wasnt drunk, they werent selling beer anywhere at the stadium
RyanSxi

what i dont get is, fair play last season gerrard scored 23 from the right wing (free role watvea) but this season he isn't scoring, the team arn't playing well. so why not change things?

stevie g has been the worst player in my FF team so far this season, that I would not have expected before the season started
Cosmo

quote:
You are an argumentative fucker arent you

Yeah
Cosmo

13th Nov 06 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RyanSxi
what i dont get is, fair play last season gerrard scored 23 from the right wing (free role watvea) but this season he isn't scoring, the team arn't playing well. so why not change things?

stevie g has been the worst player in my FF team so far this season, that I would not have expected before the season started

because his position isnt what is at fault for him playing badly (as last season shows) its just his general form. So wouldnt make a difference if he was in the middle.
Jamie Walby

13th Nov 06 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe the fact his wife has been snorting cocaine and fucking a load of gangsters is playing on his mind?

Just kidding!
Cosmo

13th Nov 06 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Maybe the fact his wife has been snorting cocaine and fucking a load of gangsters is playing on his mind?

Just kidding!

TBH Im sure he knows about the rumours, and Im sure they arent helping him even though they arent true. And its been shown in the past he can be effected by what goes on off the pitch, e.g the Chelsea rumours.
mattwhite

13th Nov 06 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be fair to benitez, what he has said is, some of the best players in the world have played out wide, for the simple fact that they can influence games by not having defensive duties.

Ronaldinho - left wing
Zidane - left wing
Nedved - left wing
Messi - right wing

Im still not sure about Gerrard being on the right but i wouldnt agree with breaking the partnership of alonso and sissoko up. Although now sissoko is injured im sure Benitez will use Gerrard in the Center.
Cosmo

13th Nov 06 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exactly! But those who dont watch Liverpool all too often will jump on the bandwagon without knowing the facts and start spouting off that Gerrard shouldnt be on the right.
Hammer

13th Nov 06 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

now Lennon drops out and McClaren brings in Richardson in front of Beckham, anyone who believes that's a footballing decision is having a laugh
Cosmo

13th Nov 06 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
now Lennon drops out and McClaren brings in Richardson in front of Beckham, anyone who believes that's a footballing decision is having a laugh

agreed TBH, especially because Richardson is a fucking joke, even Pennant deserved to get in there ahead of him!
eddiewhiteley

13th Nov 06 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

agreed TBH, especially because Richardson is a fucking joke, even Pennant deserved to get in there ahead of him!

even as a united fan i agree richardson is utter shite,why he is still at old trafford is beyond me,but then i couldnt really care less about england and what squad they pick,just as long as no united players get injured whilst losing with england
Cosmo

13th Nov 06 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by eddiewhiteley
i couldnt really care less about england and what squad they pick,just as long as no united players get injured whilst losing with england

couldnt agree more...well other than wanting Utd players injured and the Liverpool ones back to Anfield safely
Jamie Walby

13th Nov 06 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Referring to the Terry and racist remarks against Ledley King the other day.........

........has anyone noticed all the spurs players dropping out are black
Cosmo

13th Nov 06 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get onto the papers with that one!
Jamie Walby

13th Nov 06 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I might do, see what they say/offer me!

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Beckham 23 database queries in 0.1168151 seconds