corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Beckham

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Beckham
stuartmitchell

User status: Offline
13th Nov 06 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm hoping Vladimir Romonov buys Hearts Beckham for christmas
Russ

13th Nov 06 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
He'd play on the right side of midfield where Liverpool do not have a better player which would allow Gerrard to play in the centre where he is at his best.

you dont understand the system we play obviously. Gerrard isnt on the right as we have no one else who can play there, he is there as it gives him the freedom to play attacking football with little defensive duties. He rarely stays on the right and is all over the pitch.

This is compared to him being in the centre, alongside Alonso, where he could play attacking football but would still have to come back and play defensive aswell...which is not where he is at his best for the team.

How come anyone that disagrees with your opinion either has no footballing knowledge or doesn't understand football or tactics or systems?

Maybe if Benitez understood his own system you wouldn't have 1 point from 6 away games
gerrard does play this role? he isnt a right winger, and thats why when he plays this role for england we have no shape and theres no crosses at all. england need beckham, but mclaren is too up his own arse being the big i am to admit it
Cosmo

13th Nov 06 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
gerrard does play this role? he isnt a right winger, and thats why when he plays this role for england we have no shape and theres no crosses at all. england need beckham, but mclaren is too up his own arse being the big i am to admit it

exactly, he sees Gerrard doing it for Liverpool and thinks he can put him on the right for England but doesnt fit the rest of the formation round it aswell.

He needs someone like Micha Richards behind him who gets forward all the time so if he does go inside then there is still an outlet on the right. Finnan hasnt been upto it this season so far and thats why half the time there is a load of space on the right but no one going forward into it.
Marc

14th Nov 06 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see this has turned in to a Liverpool debate
corsaaa_16v

14th Nov 06 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont agree with people saying hed have to play for a lower team!! IMO he could do a job for all the top 4 teams, maybe not have a starting place guaranteed, but then again, not many players get guaranteed first team football at them. Although I think hed walk into the Liverpool team
Cosmo

14th Nov 06 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsaaa_16v
Although I think hed walk into the Liverpool team

I think he is a good player, but I just dont understand a comment like this. Who would he replace in the Liverpool starting 4 in midfield?

Cosmo

14th Nov 06 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
I see this has turned in to a Liverpool debate

it seems if I post something people dont agree with something about Liverpool gets posted back!
Marc

14th Nov 06 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MarkM

14th Nov 06 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
I wasnt talking about this particular conversation. You and MarkM often have discussions about Liverpool and trying to better each other with comments like you know a source at the club etc......the thread about Gerrards bird being the best example.

There is no competition...

Liverpool fans are just very passionate about their club so everyone has strong feelings and opinions on everything associated with the club...

Football is a serious issue in Liverpool...Thats all...as shanks once said...its more important than life or death
MarkM

14th Nov 06 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
No but you were both claiming to know more about the situation that the other which is the point im getting at. Liverpool fans always know best

Yes your right...

Liverpool fans always know best when there talking about there own club...

Naturally...
MarkM

14th Nov 06 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsaaa_16v
Although I think hed walk into the Liverpool team

This comment baffles me...he is not a better player then the 3 players he could potentially replace (Alonso, Sissoko, Gerrard)...I dont include the left side as he couldnt play there....

Look at Man Utd though for example...I know Darren Fletcher is a decent player...I like him think he has a good future...BUT...do the Man Utd fans or YOU think Beckham is not as good if not better then Fletcher at this moment?...

Beckham 5 years ago would walk into any premiership team...these days though he isnt the player he used to be...

Simple
Cosmo

14th Nov 06 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I doubt we'll see a reply from corsaaa_16v explaining who Beckham would replace at Liverpool as if he actually thought about what he was saying he would realise there isnt anyone!
Jamie Walby

14th Nov 06 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkM
quote:
No but you were both claiming to know more about the situation that the other which is the point im getting at. Liverpool fans always know best

Yes your right...

Naturally...

accept in the particular scenario i was referring to it was liverpool fan v liverpool fan.
Jamie Walby

14th Nov 06 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

4 in midfield coul dbe alonso, gerrard, sissoko and becks.
Cosmo

14th Nov 06 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
4 in midfield coul dbe alonso, gerrard, sissoko and becks.

With Gerrard or Beckham on the left?

The only way it could work is with Gerrard playing on the left with Beckham on the right, but if that was going to happen Id rather have Pennant on the right as although might not be as god at crossing atleast he offers the ability to run at and beat a man!
Jamie Walby

14th Nov 06 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pennant isnt that bad at crossing the ball but i see what youre saying.

I dont see its as crazy an idea as some are making out about becks walking into the Liverpool team.

From what I have seen I dont really rate your left winger Gonzalez (sp)
MarkM

14th Nov 06 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MarkM
quote:

Yes your right...

Naturally...

accept in the particular scenario i was referring to it was liverpool fan v liverpool fan.

So what your saying is individual LFC fans cant have an opinion that differs from the next?

Cosmo

14th Nov 06 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well all I think Beckham offers these days is being a great crosser of the ball. He wont offer any defending options really and wont run at a man. So think Id rather have Pennant there.

Gonzalez is just a little light weight at the moment, he needs to get a bit stronger on the ball and then he'll come good. He has shown some good play in a few games though so think he'll be a great player one day.
MarkM

14th Nov 06 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Pennant isnt that bad at crossing the ball but i see what youre saying.

I dont see its as crazy an idea as some are making out about becks walking into the Liverpool team.

From what I have seen I dont really rate your left winger Gonzalez (sp)

He will come good Gonzalez

He is young though...quite naive....but that will come with more experience in the prem...
Jamie Walby

14th Nov 06 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gonzalez reminds me a bit of Reyes.
Cosmo

14th Nov 06 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Gonzalez reminds me a bit of Reyes.

not as smart as Reyes (little touch wise) but think he has more pace.

From what I have seen of him for us, and a lot of him in Spain last year (as knew we were getting him) he is a very similar type of player to Ronaldo at Utd, minus all the stupid tricks! He just needs that bit of strength that he has and will be a good player.

Has a fantastic shot with both feet (scored a direct freekick in Spain from about 35yrds out with a Riise type of thnder bolt!) and enough pace to beat any defender.
RyanSxi

14th Nov 06 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like ronaldo, just not as good
Cosmo

14th Nov 06 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RyanSxi
like ronaldo, just not as good

no, he is nowhere near his level yet, and may never be. But he is a similar player IMO and if Gonzalez works on his strength he'll be just as good...maybe even go beyond Ronaldo and learn what a pass is
Marc

14th Nov 06 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Well all I think Beckham offers these days is being a great crosser of the ball. He wont offer any defending options really and wont run at a man. So think Id rather have Pennant there.

Having him on the team just for being a great passer would be an asset to any team imo.
Cosmo

14th Nov 06 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Having him on the team just for being a great passer would be an asset to any team imo.

But we already have one of the best passers in the League with Alonso...and Gerrard isnt shy of knocking a good pass from time to time!

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Beckham 23 database queries in 0.1026938 seconds