corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help - 1.4i LS Car Problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help - 1.4i LS Car Problems
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   13th Nov 06 at 10:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have had a few problems with the corsa in the past few days.
its a 1.4 8v, M reg, 120k on the clock so has had some use

starts & drives fine from cold (get the usual ticking/tapping from lifters etc) it seems fine runs perfect. altho it seems like once its warmed/been driving for a while it will start to play up.

in order of problems:

- car drove fine untill going home, felt like it was going to stall/cut out at junctions

- stalled/cut out 3 times, tried to pull off & it stalled/cut out

-when i started her up, was really lumpy idle/reved high & also took some time to get going (sounded like was going to cut out)

-when i gave it some revs it seemed like it was going to cut out @ low rpm, like it bogs down, fine @ higher rpm

-once i got moving it drove home fine, no EML/warning lights

-checked oil & water levels, both fine, doesn't seem to be burning any/much oil.

-have driven it about since & has been fine untill last night.

-when on my way home it seemed like it was going to stall @ junctions again, stalled/cut out twice when tried to pull off.

-when started the "engine electronics" light lit up & stayed on so i turned the car off & left it for about 5-10 mins, started fine no EML/warning lights & drove home perfect

im not too clued up on engines etc. any help is appreciated

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Danny W
Premium Member

13th Nov 06 at 10:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have been told to check, connections, fuses etc. as its not doing it all the time it could be a dodgy connection?

anyone know what else to suggest?

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Planty02

13th Nov 06 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check the spark leads mate - I had a similar problem on my 1.4 8v LS - turned out that one of the leads was arcing. If you start the engine and have a look in the dark you might be able to see a spark if the leads are shot. Otherwise, start the engine and spray a light mist opf water over the leads (at the spark plug end) and see if it effects the engine - it will bog down if the leads are faulty
Danny W
Premium Member

13th Nov 06 at 11:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Planty02
Check the spark leads mate - I had a similar problem on my 1.4 8v LS - turned out that one of the leads was arcing. If you start the engine and have a look in the dark you might be able to see a spark if the leads are shot. Otherwise, start the engine and spray a light mist opf water over the leads (at the spark plug end) and see if it effects the engine - it will bog down if the leads are faulty

ok mate will have a look, im gonna be cleaning all connections so will be good idea to do that aswell come to think of it everytime the car has been having problems the weather has been damp, cold & miserable

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Planty02

13th Nov 06 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exact same problem I was having - moisture getting to the plugs.
Danny W
Premium Member

13th Nov 06 at 11:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Planty02
exact same problem I was having - moisture getting to the plugs.

yeah sounds like it could be this then, will give everything a good clean & tidy up, check leads etc.
thanks mate

[Edited on 13-11-2006 by Danny W]

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Teddy

13th Nov 06 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check leads.
Check coil - these have a habit of breaking.
Danny W
Premium Member

13th Nov 06 at 16:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have cleaned connections & checked leads, sprayed some wd-40 around them.
seems like its sorted, will run it for a couple of days and see what happens
thanks for ya help

[Edited on 04-01-2007 by Danny W]

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events

New Poll