corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa gsi help fault code 44

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa gsi help fault code 44
j7 gkk

User status: Offline
12th Nov 06 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate has just bought a opel corsa gsi c16xe, it has a flat spot about 4krpm but the bloke who wi bought it off said he had it on the diagnostics and it came out fault code 44 which i think is running to lean, its had a new lamda sensor and cat but im unsure what it could be?

also when it gets warm it cuts out when trying to idle but the speedo cable doesnt work so i think that this is wh ats causing the cutting out any help please
jr

12th Nov 06 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

44 is indeed Air/Fuel mixture too lean, nit sure what could be causing it of its had a new 02 sensor ?

Speedo cable wouldnt cause it to cut out as far as im aware, i had a similar prob but that related to the VSS which picks the signal up of the rev conter and would cause the EML light to come on and cut out
j7 gkk

12th Nov 06 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would the cts effect the fault code? also will the lamda sensor from a x14xe fit i could try that
Teddy

13th Nov 06 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep will be one of the following

02 - already done
CTS - try that
Knock sensor - try that.
j7 gkk

13th Nov 06 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well ive got a cts to try its supposed to hav had a new o2 sensor but im guna clean the one up, if not ill get a knock sensor for it

New Poll