corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » wheel in arch help.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author wheel in arch help.
BarnshaW

User status: Offline
11th Nov 06 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok this is quit ehard to explain without the use of pictures.

My car may have previously been invloved in a small front accident, its all fixed but i have noticed that on the front drivers wheel the wheel sits very very close to the arch on the left, i can just about fit 2 fingers between the arch and the wheel, is it a bent or twisted steering rack or something?
JayT

11th Nov 06 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like its been lowered to me mate

nah on a more serious note, have you compared it with the other side? if there is a noticable difference then i would take it back to the place you had the damage fixed and tell them about it mate! good luck
BarnshaW

11th Nov 06 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea the other side is fine, wheel is equal distance from either side of arch, drivers side is way different.
STEvieXE

11th Nov 06 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it took the impact on the drivers side then and the chassis leg is back, i bet it wears tyres badly also and pulls to one side. it hasnt been measured on a bench or by tape etc
Poot

11th Nov 06 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did the same on my old corsa, except it was passenger side, on full lock to the left, wheel was almost touching the wheelarch Steering was, to put a fine point on it extremely dangerous, car felt as though it was going to slide clean off the road

Cant think of any sort of repair for a chassis leg thats been pushed back, words thats come to mind are:

Big chain
Telegraph pole
Pull

x14xe

11th Nov 06 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate went into a kerb pretty quick on his corsa, and had exactly the same problem, he took it to a body shop, put it on a jig and they re aligned that chassis, his was a very bad case, the wheel was pulled right into the arch, and left in un drivable. The body shop charged £250 to re align the chassis, and now it is fine, my advice is to go round to body shops equipped with a jig and see what they can do for ya!
abdus

12th Nov 06 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like this:

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=274391

now it's worse for me since car has been lowered. Drives fine though

New Poll