corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Removing the front arches! HELP!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Removing the front arches! HELP!
westsidecorsa

User status: Offline
16th Dec 03 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok im in the process of removing my front bumper, so i am trying to get the front arches off! how do i do this?apparently i have to take the arch lining off? any help would be greatly appreciated, asap pls as im doing it at the moment. thanks!
Ty_Harris

16th Dec 03 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To remove the arch lining you need to remove some screws which hold it to the inner bodyarches, thie can be done awkwardly with the wheels still on, or easily if you remove the wheels first
M4rk P

16th Dec 03 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you dont need to take the arch lining off, turn the steering wheel full lock left the look up the right wheel arch. at the front of the front arch there should be a flap that opens in the wheel arch liner. feel inside and there will be a bolt. undo it with a socket set. do the same on the other side. the open the bonnet and there are 2 bolts on top of the bumper. undo them. you might have to jack the car up a bit but you wont need to take the wheels off. hope this helps.
M4rk P

16th Dec 03 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you only need to undo the first bolt on the archs to take the bumper off, just flex them back abit and bumper will be free. done this about 20 times. lol
Ty_Harris

16th Dec 03 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

by the way, i only read the title of the thread... Removing Front Arches!

In regression, yes do what Mark says, small flap 10mm platic bolt on both sides, pull out the arch a little to release the bolt from the hole in the bumper trim.

3 bolt son the bootom of the bumper and 2 on the grille
M4rk P

16th Dec 03 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh yeah forgot bout the ones on bottom. never do mine up
Filby1

16th Dec 03 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are you taking them off for?
westsidecorsa

16th Dec 03 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am getting the bumpers colour coded. Im still stuck on the front arch and bumper, could somebody post a picture of this flap because there appears to be nothing of the sort in the wheel arch, at the moment i am trying to get these little things out of the lining with a screw driver but its not working, i really do need to pictures here, i would be really grateful if somebody could help me out! thanks
M4rk P

16th Dec 03 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are you taking the archs off to be colour aswell? leave the arch lining in. right. on the arch there is a bolt that attaches the front bumper and arch together, imagine where that bolt is and feel behind the arch with the liner in, you should feel that there is no bolt there but if you look behind where you are feeling you can flap open a section of the plastic liner, behing that is the bolt.
westsidecorsa

16th Dec 03 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks a lot ppl, i found it in the end and got them off, although lots of the clips on the arches are broken. anyway, ill post some pics when its colour coded

New Poll