corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » How To Fit??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How To Fit??
robtj

User status: Offline
   3rd Jan 04 at 04:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Calling All Combat 2 Wide Bodykit Owners / Fitters!
I have now come to the part of fitting my bodykit where i need to fit the sideskirts and arches, From what i can see i am going to have to cut my sideskirts to fit... How have u fitted urs? Also the arches i aint a clue how to fit these and there is no brackets or nothing on these.. So again how did u fit yours?..
I am asking now b4 i try and bodge it cause i want to do a good job, fitting my first ever bodykit on my own (kinda little project).

So if u could reply, all help is apreacheated.

Thank You

Rob
corsa120

3rd Jan 04 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seens ive never fitted a wide kit b4 im guessing but i would fit the arches first but i dunno what there like so hard for me to comment is it possible to rivet them to wings an quaters then glassfibre/filler over the top of the rivets or even countersunk screws, then maybe some tigerseal to help with the bond, then its possible to fit the skirts in conjunction to the arches u should be able to establish how much u need to take away off the skirts in order to fit them to meet the arches and the car neatly

but all this was guess
CorsaDaz

3rd Jan 04 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi

On my last corsa I had a wide arche kit fitted. Firstly the arches on the car had to be cut using a grinder, this is due to the fiberglass arches being a different shape to the arche on the car. The side skirts shouldnt need to be cut, as on each end of the side skirt there is a place for the arche to sit on.

The side skirts were fitted using self tapping screws and then covered with filler. The arches were bonded on and filler was used to smooth the arches onto the bodywork, I also think alot of filler was used in the back of the arches to bond them on.

The front bumper was easy to fit, but needed a bit of work where the arche meets the front bumper, but with some persuasion they fit and filler was used to flush the arches on to the front bumper.

Rear bumper, same as^^^^.

Great kit, if done properly, I got mine done professionally, best way. cost £1000 to get it done, that is due to both sides of the car needing to be spayed.

Hope this helps
luca2020

3rd Jan 04 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if this is the first time fitting a kit, uve picked a hard kit to fit for a novice

i think mine was put on using self tappers, some sort of bonding agent, fibreglass and filler
robtj

3rd Jan 04 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right i have sorted the sideskirts now they was fairly easy, the arches look not to hard i have had a play around this morning and i will attept to do the back too tomo.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » How To Fit?? 24 database queries in 0.0078192 seconds