corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help!!! with cambelt and water pump change

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help!!! with cambelt and water pump change
sarahjt28

User status: Offline
27th Oct 06 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,

Have just changed the cam belt and water pump on my x16xe. I have tensioned the belt, and turned it over twice and the needle is still in the correct place. However, i am a little worried that i didnt put the water pump back in the correct place.

If the water pump was slightly out, would the point on the tensioner be at the right place,

Is the point on the tensioner supposed to flutter when you turn the engine over?

Thanks
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

27th Oct 06 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the waterpump isnt positioned correctly the belt wont be right either.
sarahjt28

27th Oct 06 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

great.

So as long as all the timing marks are lined up, and the tensioner is pointing to the correct line, i can start her up?
sarahjt28

27th Oct 06 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

>
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

27th Oct 06 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes as long as everything is in the right position and tensioner is set correctly it will be fine. a good 10 turns on the crank by hand is a good idea first.

New Poll