corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Getting a car chiped/remapped

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Getting a car chiped/remapped
ed

User status: Offline
22nd Oct 06 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Especially to defend a car that we haven't even slated

[Edited on 22-10-2006 by ed]
Jules S
Premium Member

22nd Oct 06 at 21:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another thread about re-mapping raising peak BHP as opposed to potential torque increase at relevant revs?
Grip

22nd Oct 06 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Subtle_SXi
Ignis sport is still a Suzuki! Therefore not in any way superior the Corsa. So go back to where you come from!

If that's the level of intellect here, what hope have you got?...
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Online
22nd Oct 06 at 21:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Grip
quote:
Ignis sport is still a Suzuki! Therefore not in any way superior the Corsa. So go back to where you come from!

maybe you should have read the rest of the post before getting up on your high horse.

he said -

quote:
As stated earlier on I worked for Suzuki. Ignis sport is decent performance.

He WORKED for Suzuki, he's likely to know about build quality etc.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

22nd Oct 06 at 21:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

It's called having a laugh. When you work on a certain make of car you learn how many things go wrong on em so they seem crap.
Mike
Premium Member

22nd Oct 06 at 21:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Robin at least someone gets me!
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Oct 06 at 21:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Ah, a facts Vs misinformed opinion fest from owners of that Barryboy staple - the Corsa.

Vauxhall Corsa - default choice of the imagination free.

Fact is, an Ignis Sport in standard form is quicker than a GSi, and a remapped Ignis would eat it.

These remap results are real, tried and tested with multiple owners getting similar results. Get over it.

Simply, the 1.5 VVt Twin-can 16v engine in the Ignis Sport is brilliant, and has much tuning scope. In fact, the 2004 JWRC winning car has much the same engine, only bored out to 1600cc, VVT removed and tuned to over 200bhp.

Final point- what would qualify owners of Corsas to criticise a superior car?

Jealousy is a cruel mistress...

[Edited on 22-10-2006 by Grip]

i dont own a corsa, and those power graphs are shit, much like the suzuki ignis

[Edited on 22-10-2006 by Steve]
James

22nd Oct 06 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://web.ticino.com/3mendi/ignis5.jpg

Grip

23rd Oct 06 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

It's called having a laugh. When you work on a certain make of car you learn how many things go wrong on em so they seem crap.

My problem is your comment that the Ignis is a Suzuki and therefore inferior to a Corsa. That is one of the most stupid sentences ever mashed out on a keyboard. Just mindless.

As for reliability, lets look at the largest independant owner satisfaction and reliability survey - the Top Gear 2005 survey.

Vauxhall 27th out of 36 manufacturers
Suzuki 15th

Corsa 104th out of 159 cars
Ignis 32nd (One place higher than a Porsche 911!)
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Oct 06 at 16:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Suzuki should stick to making bikes
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Oct 06 at 16:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the issue was whether or not mods like that would release that sort of power.

I think the answer is 'no', regardless of whether the car is Vauxall, Suzuki, whatever.
Mike
Premium Member

23rd Oct 06 at 16:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

My problem is your comment that the Ignis is a Suzuki and therefore inferior to a Corsa. That is one of the most stupid sentences ever mashed out on a keyboard. Just mindless.

As for reliability, lets look at the largest independant owner satisfaction and reliability survey - the Top Gear 2005 survey.

Vauxhall 27th out of 36 manufacturers
Suzuki 15th

Corsa 104th out of 159 cars
Ignis 32nd (One place higher than a Porsche 911!)

Oh. Am I in the slightest bit bothered. I know that Suzukis rattle squeak and knock and it can't be fixed no matter what you try. Never had any noises on my Corsa I've also seen how many customers buy Suzukis once and say never again. Customer satisfaction. Ha!
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Oct 06 at 17:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So the guy who sold them thinks they're fast but rattle.

The guy who owns one thinks that we slated them (I've just re-read the thread and I can't find this.)

Everyone else is laughing because the guy who slated them started his post going on about jealousy because we questioned a 20% power gain on a naturally aspirated car.

Funny thread.

I'm not jealous btw.
Grip

23rd Oct 06 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He never said he was a salesman.

Saying a Corsa is superior to an Ignis IS slating it.

The power gain is proven by the printouts.

Grip

23rd Oct 06 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[Edited on 23-10-2006 by Grip]
Mike
Premium Member

23rd Oct 06 at 17:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
So the guy who sold them thinks they're fast but rattle.

The guy who owns one thinks that we slated them (I've just re-read the thread and I can't find this.)

Everyone else is laughing because the guy who slated them started his post going on about jealousy because we questioned a 20% power gain on a naturally aspirated car.

Funny thread.

I'm not jealous btw.

I didn't sell em I had to try a fix em when the squeaks and rattles come as standard and no matter how many times you fit new parts they still squeak!
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Oct 06 at 17:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

this is as laughable as Suzuki making cars TBH
Mike
Premium Member

23rd Oct 06 at 17:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey Grip. My Corsa's a B are they OK?

Cos you obviously know best.
ed

23rd Oct 06 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Grip, get a grip, please. We know what happened. Some idiot has posted this link up on your forum and you have cone on here keyboard warrior-esque. Please, do yourself a favour.
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Oct 06 at 17:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
He never said he was a salesman.

Saying a Corsa is superior to an Ignis IS slating it.

I don't care about the job, he has experience with the cars. Thats enough for me.

Who said the Corsa was superior? If I remember rightly you registered to post some shit about how the fact vs opinion from that Barryboys staple the Corsa, what the fuck does that mean exactly?

You then went on to criticise the imagination of Corsa owners.

You then posted that an Ignis was faster, no one said they weren't.

You then said that the engine was a good one and that its actually easy to get it powerful, which a few people picked up on and pointed you in the direction of the history of the C16XE Corsa GSi engine, which you appear to be completely ignorant to.

You then - and this is the best one for me - said 'what would qualify owners of Corsas to criticise a superior car? '

If thats not opinion I don't know what the fuck is.

My advice would be to kindly fuck off back to wherever you blindly trust some graphs from a company who are not held in high regard and while you're there, tell them how unkind the Corsa owners were when you told us not to rip your car, then ripped ours.

What a fucking bell.
Grip

23rd Oct 06 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Barryboys staple means that the corsa is the staple diet on Barryboys website. Basically they are very common on there.
ed

23rd Oct 06 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great, now piss off.
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Oct 06 at 18:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by minnnt - sisoc.co.uk
not being funny or ote, but a standard Iggy DUSTS a GSI in standard form!!!! so who the fuck are they to call us? fucking stupid numb nuts!!!! they all drive corsa b's and think that having the fog lights on and the back lights sprayed black give them all the power in the world. ok, so the rr might not be 100% accurate, but before and after re-map dyno's prove the increase in bhp... some respond better than others, but all remapped cars are roughly the same... who the fuck do they think they are? fuck em... stupid ignorant pricks!

And can you tell your mate that it would be rather ironic if he were to call Corsa owners ignorant pricks having posted some sweeping bullshit about light clusters or something.

If you're going to rip the car, please do so, but don't go all double standards when the same is done back.

Personally I've read this thread a number of times and I'm actually still of the opinion that the Ignis actually got a good reception, but the RR graph didn't due in part to the fact that its actually very difficult indeed to record increases like that whatever the engine.

Even if the increases are 100% real and genuine, I'm still really rather surprised at the other stuff and how easily some people jump on the defensive.

12 degrees ignition advance. Its OK, we ran tests. Not like manufacturers take cars all over the world and drive thousands and thousands of miles making sure its right, and they decide that 12 degrees of advance is a bad thing in certain circumstances. No, the tuner bounced it off the limiter a few times and it didn't die. Sound.
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Oct 06 at 18:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Barryboys staple means that the corsa is the staple diet on Barryboys website. Basically they are very common on there.
And BB is the metric by which we should be judged now.

I think you're confusing the fact that loads of them are driven by wankers and modded badly with the fact that there are actually people in this thread talking sense, which you appear to have skirted over somewhat.

[Edited on 23-10-2006 by Ian]
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Oct 06 at 18:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look what i found

[Edited on 23-10-2006 by Steve]

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Getting a car chiped/remapped 22 database queries in 0.1948349 seconds