corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » cable or electric driven speedo?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author cable or electric driven speedo?
jmdsouth

User status: Offline
18th Oct 06 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi have a 1997 corsa sport 1.4 16v does that mean its cable or electric speedo? ive read that cable ones start moving up at 10mph on the clocks but mine starts at 0mph however have also read that electric ones started on the 98 models? and my has pre 97 bumpers etc im asking because i need to find the speed pulse wire where will it be? thanks.
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

18th Oct 06 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

0mph will be electronic speedo
jmdsouth

18th Oct 06 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok thanks just wondered cuz i thought 97 models were supposed to have cable driven ones? unless obviously the dials have been replaced
Ben ev

18th Oct 06 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

97 onwards are electronic. mine is late 96 and is electronic also so around that sort of time.
Chris_Sport

18th Oct 06 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think if it reads when you reverse then it is electric.

New Poll