corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » lightened flywheels

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author lightened flywheels
Doug_SRi

User status: Offline
10th Oct 06 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone recommend a place to get a lightened flywheel for a C20let engine? Pot type. Current one has loads of little cracks in it
STEvieXE

10th Oct 06 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does this mod make u lose torque??? i have heard it does, unsure tbh
STEvieXE

10th Oct 06 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

(sorry for hi jack)
alistairolsen

10th Oct 06 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yu dot gainnor lose power/torque/fuck al with flywheel weight. The only thing youi loose is throttle respone, but if your a goober, you agin on the lauch by prventing bogging. The lightest id go on a 200+bhp let is a std xe flat fly an clutch
Doug_SRi

11th Oct 06 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to do this I would have to buy an xe clutch kit for the pressure plate and a let clutch kit for the clutch as running an F28. Already got two flat type flywheels which I presume are in good condition. This be the best thing to do?
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

11th Oct 06 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alistairolsen
yu dot gainnor lose power/torque/fuck al with flywheel weight. The only thing youi loose is throttle respone, but if your a goober, you agin on the lauch by prventing bogging. The lightest id go on a 200+bhp let is a std xe flat fly an clutch

what did you say
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

11th Oct 06 at 12:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lightened flywheels are best suited for N/A engines aren't they? and don't they increase throttle response because the engine is able to pick up faster?

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
Marc

11th Oct 06 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Marc

11th Oct 06 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sly_SRi
Lightened flywheels are best suited for N/A engines aren't they? and don't they increase throttle response because the engine is able to pick up faster?

I don't know why they should be more suited to na cars. I know my Impreza is crap to drive around town because it though!
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

11th Oct 06 at 12:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

becuase high tuned NA engines rev so high, and the lighter the flywheel, the more freely it will rev. I don't have a counter arguement to suggest why it wouldnt' be suited on a turbo car though...

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
alistairolsen

11th Oct 06 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
quote:
Originally posted by alistairolsen

what did you say

lol, the dreaded wireless keyboard strikes again! I was saying that you CANNOT gain or lose power/torque or anything thru flywheel weight.

you gain throttle response and reduce in gear acceleration times fractionally, but it can telnd to bog down off the line a little more if you cant drive.

I wouldnt bother going much lighter than an early xe flat fly with a let (6.7kg ish rather than 9.something)
lee mitchell

11th Oct 06 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my let one weighs 5 and my xe one weighs 4.7. dont have any trouble with my xe one with idling at all

New Poll