corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa progress pics update, all finished

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa progress pics update, all finished
STEvieXE

User status: Offline
11th Oct 06 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wot happened to rich from midas??
Tomnova16
Premium Member

12th Oct 06 at 17:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

me in my natural habitat

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Tomnova16
Premium Member

12th Oct 06 at 17:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stavs
tomnova16v your not rich from midas are you?

what makes you say that
im the one that puts all his bodge jobs right.
I work as a sprayer in a Ferrari , Porsche and BMW bodyshop

jimbo_247

12th Oct 06 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

m8 glad you took apart that thing and are redoing it bet it will look mint when your done

your doing a gd job don't stop!
ed

12th Oct 06 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You do spend a lot of time in my shed don't you Is there any chance you could nick me a few dust masks for the weekend? xx
STEvieXE

12th Oct 06 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah ancient art of bodyshop borrowing, think everybody does that
Steve
Premium Member

12th Oct 06 at 20:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can see that cracking again TBH
ed

12th Oct 06 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think it will crack just for the hell of it. The arches are done the same way as I did mine, they are so solid that you could jack the car off of them. The only reason it would crack is if the bumper is smashed off.
STEvieXE

12th Oct 06 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think its more to do with flexibility, the plastic will flex more than the f/glass and thats how it stress cracks. also in summer when its hot the different composites expand and contract at different rates leading to cracks. altho if u think about it, not many other ways to do it. flexible plastic filler costs a bomb and i dont know of any that come in any decent sized tub...
STEvieXE

12th Oct 06 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is like corsasport of old. arguing over cracks etc. love it
Steve
Premium Member

12th Oct 06 at 20:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

frost has a habit of affecting areas that feature a lot of filler, especially if there are two different areas covered with filler, ie metal and plastic or metal and fibreglass, the two things expand at different rates
Steve
Premium Member

12th Oct 06 at 20:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol you read my mind
Tomnova16
Premium Member

12th Oct 06 at 23:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
You do spend a lot of time in my shed don't you Is there any chance you could nick me a few dust masks for the weekend? xx

just got in from painting that clio. got the doors stripped out on the corsa aswell. i've got you a 3m dust mask up there already mate. fresh in the pack

Tomnova16
Premium Member

12th Oct 06 at 23:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jimbo_247
m8 glad you took apart that thing and are redoing it bet it will look mint when your done

your doing a gd job don't stop!

thanks mate, nice to see some people appreciate what im doing. got the colour through today and i can't wait to paint it so im gonna do the rocker cover tommorrow to get some of my excitement out

SteveW

13th Oct 06 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what colour is it going Tommy ??
ed

13th Oct 06 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Tom

The colour is a secret
chumbly_warner
Premium Member

13th Oct 06 at 11:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to read on here about peoples roofs cracking when they had them smoothed and if you have your arches smoothed in it will all crack.

Well all i have to say on that is that anybody who this happends to went to a rubbish bodyshop that didnt use the right stuff.
My car has been done 1 and a half years now and i drive mine everyday, i have caught the bumper on my drive, mates drive, speed humps and it is still there and not 1 crack and the roof cracking is a mith! Mine was welded and then skimmed with filler and it is fine.

By the looks of this job Tom is doing a great job, the quality of the work looks really good.

Good luck with the car, will look forward to seeing it sprayed

Ashley
ed

13th Oct 06 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's mostly people talking about stuff they don't know anything about... Half the people on here have never picked up a tin of filler or a welder in thier life, yet they seem to still be experts in the bodywork field

[Edited on 13-10-2006 by ed]
chumbly_warner
Premium Member

13th Oct 06 at 12:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Correct Ed, i hadnt got a clue about bodywork, but after spending a hell of alot of time at CMR i realised that most of these people that smoothed things n just skimmed over gaps and didnt make evrything secure 1st. I seen mine getting done and i know how stong they are!
Even though i do know how to do it correctly now, i still wouldnt attempt it myself, lol.
neiliosxi

13th Oct 06 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
frost has a habit of affecting areas that feature a lot of filler, especially if there are two different areas covered with filler, ie metal and plastic or metal and fibreglass, the two things expand at different rates

Had this problem with my bonnet, first time it was left in the sun it cracked.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

13th Oct 06 at 17:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

painted the rocker cover today. well pleased with the colour gonna look good on the car. Still a secret though. Should have it painted in two weeks as im at silverstone this weekend for the btcc.

Steve
Premium Member

13th Oct 06 at 18:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
It's mostly people talking about stuff they don't know anything about... Half the people on here have never picked up a tin of filler or a welder in thier life, yet they seem to still be experts in the bodywork field

dont need to pick up a welder or be an expert at how to fit a combat kit to know that different material expand at different rates, the results i wouldv have thought are obvious.

Coupled with the fact Iv actually had it happen to me...
STEvieXE

13th Oct 06 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not saying it will happen but i have saw it happen alot, chances are it will over time.. might not.. only thing u can do is try to make sure that they r solid as poss. Or use flexible filler as stated before, tho its dead expensive or remake it metal... f/glass and filler do not work the best together FACT but for costing and availability of other products that is the most common used.
lee mitchell

13th Oct 06 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed

u get that with people about xe conversions too
Matt H

13th Oct 06 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed

Toms tea boy is right....

J/K mate

1 sugar

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa progress pics update, all finished 24 database queries in 0.1139760 seconds