corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Reccomend a cheap Sports Bike to insure.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Reccomend a cheap Sports Bike to insure.
s@mmy

User status: Offline
5th Oct 06 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BabyBlade
quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
Originally posted by Mattss Corsa
SV's are a horiable ride, really slow and a crappy twin... Ugly bikes aswell. CBR600F is a lovely bike, my brothers just got a 55plate, really nice ride.

Is that why many R1 and R6 and GSXR owners have sold their bikes and come back to the diddy SV650???

Its not all about outright power and straightline speed. So they die off after 80mph ish, so do all the bikes of that class mentioned previously....

As for riding in the winter, tarts.... Every day, rain, wind, snow, ICE, you name it, i'll ride in it to work.... Just got to buy the right equipment to ride in it and your fine..... Unlike when i first started riding with limited clothing... Getting to work, putting my hands under the cold tap in winter, mearly to warm them up. Used to get chillblaines a lot Buy proper stuff now...

My advice, speak to some proper bikers who actually know what their talking about opposed to a few riders who've just passed and are on their 1st/2nd bike and think bikes are good because they do 1200576mph in a straight line... Busa boys...

Crappy twin, tell Ducati, Harley Davidson, Honda etc that.....

Bikes are ment to be chucked around corners, not go fast in a staight line. I've been riding 7 years now and i still learn something new every time i ride.

Have been riding 6 years and had 6 bikes, have rode loads of different types of bikes.

I'm not just someone thats passed and commutes to work, during the summer 7 of us go for rides every sunday and its amasing, nothing else beats it.

Just gave my opinion on an SV, as i have rode one but am not biased to the fact I OWN one. Don't see why you rave about them so much

Love the fact that you think real bikers go for group rides on sv's.

Always see bikers out on the sports bikes 600 through to 1000's, never seen a bunch of "bikers" on a group ride on hornets and sv's

muppet.

sounds like your saying your not a real biker unless you ride a sportsbike? I ride a gsxr600 and i ride out with my mates, some have hornets, others sv's as well as a fireblade and gsxr750. Shall i drop my mates that don't ride sportsbikes?? The guy only asked for advice on what bike to buy, if he can afford the insurance for a 600cc sportsbike go for it, if not go for something that have decent power and looks that isnt gonna cost the earth to insure...like an sv or what ever tickles your fancy
Graeme
Premium Member

5th Oct 06 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a SV650 isnt much more than a CBR 400 but is in a way!

Its a good starting bike but you will be taking ur cbt on a 125 and then ur test on a 500 so you will get used to riding big bikes so SV650 is very ideal and there quite cheap!
BabyBlade

5th Oct 06 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by s@mmy

sounds like your saying your not a real biker unless you ride a sportsbike? I ride a gsxr600 and i ride out with my mates, some have hornets, others sv's as well as a fireblade and gsxr750. Shall i drop my mates that don't ride sportsbikes?? The guy only asked for advice on what bike to buy, if he can afford the insurance for a 600cc sportsbike go for it, if not go for something that have decent power and looks that isnt gonna cost the earth to insure...like an sv or what ever tickles your fancy

not emplying that at all. was replying to daimo rather than answering to this thread which i did earlier on.

s@mmy

6th Oct 06 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daimo B

6th Oct 06 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BabyBlade

Have been riding 6 years and had 6 bikes, have rode loads of different types of bikes.

I'm not just someone thats passed and commutes to work, during the summer 7 of us go for rides every sunday and its amasing, nothing else beats it.

Just gave my opinion on an SV, as i have rode one but am not biased to the fact I OWN one. Don't see why you rave about them so much

Love the fact that you think real bikers go for group rides on sv's.

Always see bikers out on the sports bikes 600 through to 1000's, never seen a bunch of "bikers" on a group ride on hornets and sv's

muppet.

Its seems you are reading into an argument I have not even thought about. muppet? Nice lad you are... Your making up a load of BS that i've not said.

I no way think the SV (in any cc) is a "sports bike" or anything of the kind, but im mearly saying its not a crap bike at all. Just becuase it doesn't do 150+mph....

If its so bad, why are they so highly used in a race series, ever heard of the MiniTwins??????

And if you've never seen a group of riders on rideouts like that, you need to get to more biker places then as I see them everywhere, at every biker meet/cafe/rideout I go to... (and its not from the SV forum either).

As said by someone, theres more to riding that flat out flat out flat out......

I KNOW the SV is a cheap runaround, why do you think i've got one purposly for work but that still doesn't stop it being a great bike. If it gets binned, its not so expensive to sort. TBH, i'd rather use my cheap SV to ride to London that say my old mans Benelli..... Common sense anyone???

Im wanting to save for a 2nd bike for the weekend, something sporty and rare (like a Ducati 888 or 851).

Are you saying because i own an SV im biased towards it? I also own a Corsa, but i know their crap in terms of overall cars.. Im not biased, i just haven't got my snobbish head planted up my ass because its not as overal quick as the sports bikes. BUT ITS NOT A SPORTS BIKE, so why would it be as quick?

I can ride my SV quicker than some I know, not becuase i can ride like Rossi, but becuase many riders are flat out flat out flat out, woooooooooooaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh a corner, best put it in 2nd and potter round at 20mph....

Your opinion on an SV is fine, but saying its a crap bike (Especially for a new rider as well) is pure rubbish.

I've been brought up to ride in a certain way and with a certain respect.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Reccomend a cheap Sports Bike to insure. 22 database queries in 0.0118780 seconds