corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Reccomend a cheap Sports Bike to insure.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Reccomend a cheap Sports Bike to insure.
DAYZEE

User status: Offline
3rd Oct 06 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Carolenash are excellent;

http://www.carolenash.com/welcome.asp

They will be geting my business this year. I have a 99 CBR600F, its a brilliant bike, looks the part but is so user friendly. Market is flooded with them as well so you can find a bargain no probs.
stubs

3rd Oct 06 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have already tried Bennetts & they seemed to be ok, so I will give Hastings & CaroleNash a try.

Cheers guys!
Tom B

3rd Oct 06 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CaroleNash insured my moped there Good and Cheap
mazdaspeed

3rd Oct 06 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get fully comp so you are covered when you crash. (talking from experience)
andys sxi
Premium Member

3rd Oct 06 at 18:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i had me scooter i was insured with norwich union direct or norwich union they say there 2 different companys's but i swoped over from 1 to the other in the second year an it was over 150 cheaper

April 08 feature car
chapcorsa

3rd Oct 06 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stubs
quote:
Originally posted by chapcorsa
last year i passed my test aged 21 bought a k4 2004 gsxr 600 worth £4500 was paying £530 tpft as my first bike!

Out of interest, which insurance company was that?
with suzuki themselves! suzuki insurance 08009806080 give them a ring if you get a suzuki u won't get a cheaper quote!
chapcorsa

3rd Oct 06 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Passed your test at 21..
Bought a 600cc Sports bike.
Then paid TPFT insurance...

Some people do make me chuckle... You'll learn with time and experience why not to go tpft on a bike.....
and wots wrong wiv tpft? only tpft on my o6 zx kwak at the moment!
stubs

3rd Oct 06 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So I take it you bought the bike from Suzuki too?

You got any pics?
BabyBlade

3rd Oct 06 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Firstly bought me ZX6r 99 for 2k with 13k on the clocks

Wouldnt dismiss a 400, had a CBR400rr and theyre not that much slower than a 600 to a tonnish, just keep on going where the 400 stops.

This is the best time of year to buy as prices tend to be cheaper, deffo not the best time to learn especially if your looking at 600cc+.

Fully comp never seen the point in doing on a motorbike, if its that badly damaged you got to go through insurance chances are your dead imo

payin 300quid on my 600 tpft am 22

if your looking at sports tourers prefer the cbr f to the thundercat

and dont like the sv, havnt rode the 1000 but didnt like the 650 at all was glad to get back on the zx.

out of all the 600's i rode the r6 puts the biggest smile on my face, just too track orientated for daily use imo
Mattss Corsa

3rd Oct 06 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your mad, shite riding a bike in the winter, mines been put away, both of them, ive got a gsxr 400 for sale mate.

Go with Carol Nash to get insured if you are to get a bike. The best by a long way.............
Mattss Corsa

3rd Oct 06 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SV's are a horiable ride, really slow and a crappy twin... Ugly bikes aswell. CBR600F is a lovely bike, my brothers just got a 55plate, really nice ride.
Mattss Corsa

3rd Oct 06 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mazdaspeed
Get fully comp so you are covered when you crash. (talking from experience)

Yes i would reccomend that aswell
stubs

3rd Oct 06 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mattss Corsa
Your mad, shite riding a bike in the winter, mines been put away, both of them, ive got a gsxr 400 for sale mate.

Go with Carol Nash to get insured if you are to get a bike. The best by a long way.............

You got any pics of said gsxr? and details too? How much you wanting?
Prob gonna be a couple of months before I buy yet.. need to get my house sale out the way first.
Cheers dude!
Mark Petty

3rd Oct 06 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My first big bike is a bandit 600 my insurance is through direct choice and I pay £140 a year tpft i've just turned 25

Its a good first bike. It has 82bhp and does 0-60 in about 4 seconds with a top speed of 130mph

btw there is nothing wrong with tpft as its more likely someone will go in to you than you going in to someone else. Unless you fall off on your own but thats a risk you have to take for cheap insurance
mazdaspeed

3rd Oct 06 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My first and current bike is a 1986 Yamaha FJ1200, even though it is a 1200cc (125bhp) it is half the price of a 600 Bandit for insurance. I pay £235 a year TPFT and I'm 21.

A.Nam

5th Oct 06 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RVF deffo easy up there with the best handling bike ever.
Daimo B

5th Oct 06 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
SV's are a horiable ride, really slow and a crappy twin... Ugly bikes aswell. CBR600F is a lovely bike, my brothers just got a 55plate, really nice ride.

Is that why many R1 and R6 and GSXR owners have sold their bikes and come back to the diddy SV650???

Its not all about outright power and straightline speed. So they die off after 80mph ish, so do all the bikes of that class mentioned previously....

As for riding in the winter, tarts.... Every day, rain, wind, snow, ICE, you name it, i'll ride in it to work.... Just got to buy the right equipment to ride in it and your fine..... Unlike when i first started riding with limited clothing... Getting to work, putting my hands under the cold tap in winter, mearly to warm them up. Used to get chillblaines a lot Buy proper stuff now...

My advice, speak to some proper bikers who actually know what their talking about opposed to a few riders who've just passed and are on their 1st/2nd bike and think bikes are good because they do 1200576mph in a straight line... Busa boys...

Crappy twin, tell Ducati, Harley Davidson, Honda etc that.....

Bikes are ment to be chucked around corners, not go fast in a staight line. I've been riding 7 years now and i still learn something new every time i ride.
boyracer2002

5th Oct 06 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you want a CBR600 you say?

how about a 52 plate, 4k miles from new, hardly used

u2u if interested
s@mmy

5th Oct 06 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go for an sv650s, its a ace little bike to get you started on...more than enough power for a novice and it will not rape you on insurance.
s@mmy

5th Oct 06 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bikes are ment to be chucked around corners, not go fast in a staight line. I've been riding 7 years now and i still learn something new every time i ride.

Couldnt have put it better myself, been riding 5 years and only recently made the move to a sportsbike, the thrill isnt doin 150 down a straight bit of road, its the corners thats the fun bit!
BabyBlade

5th Oct 06 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:

Is that why many R1 and R6 and GSXR owners have sold their bikes and come back to the diddy SV650???

Its not all about outright power and straightline speed. So they die off after 80mph ish, so do all the bikes of that class mentioned previously....

As for riding in the winter, tarts.... Every day, rain, wind, snow, ICE, you name it, i'll ride in it to work.... Just got to buy the right equipment to ride in it and your fine..... Unlike when i first started riding with limited clothing... Getting to work, putting my hands under the cold tap in winter, mearly to warm them up. Used to get chillblaines a lot Buy proper stuff now...

My advice, speak to some proper bikers who actually know what their talking about opposed to a few riders who've just passed and are on their 1st/2nd bike and think bikes are good because they do 1200576mph in a straight line... Busa boys...

Have been riding 6 years and had 6 bikes, have rode loads of different types of bikes.

I'm not just someone thats passed and commutes to work, during the summer 7 of us go for rides every sunday and its amasing, nothing else beats it.

Just gave my opinion on an SV, as i have rode one but am not biased to the fact I OWN one. Don't see why you rave about them so much

Love the fact that you think real bikers go for group rides on sv's.

Always see bikers out on the sports bikes 600 through to 1000's, never seen a bunch of "bikers" on a group ride on hornets and sv's

muppet.
Mark Petty

5th Oct 06 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BabyBlade
quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:

Have been riding 6 years and had 6 bikes, have rode loads of different types of bikes.

I'm not just someone thats passed and commutes to work, during the summer 7 of us go for rides every sunday and its amasing, nothing else beats it.

Just gave my opinion on an SV, as i have rode one but am not biased to the fact I OWN one. Don't see why you rave about them so much

Love the fact that you think real bikers go for group rides on sv's.

Always see bikers out on the sports bikes 600 through to 1000's, never seen a bunch of "bikers" on a group ride on hornets and sv's

muppet.

BabyBlade totally agree with you
Ojc

5th Oct 06 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
SV's are a horiable ride, really slow and a crappy twin... Ugly bikes aswell.

You clearly have no clue. Crappy twin, yes
_Allan_

5th Oct 06 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is some shite posted in this thread
s@mmy

5th Oct 06 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by _Allan_
There is some shite posted in this thread

well said mate

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Reccomend a cheap Sports Bike to insure. 23 database queries in 0.1934390 seconds