corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » speaker rattle (+amp question)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author speaker rattle (+amp question)
Will_Sport

User status: Offline
11th Sep 06 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got some 16.5cm infinities in my car and the one in the drivers door buzzes/rattles with bass, more of a rattling sound. now its in adaptors and held down nicely but i think it might be touching one of the guides for the window (as far as i could see) and it doesn't do it when the window is down.

common problem? anyone else had it? do plan to take it out and see if it does it when it aint in the door but bit busy and want some washers first so i can stick them in if that is the problem.

also: gonna amp the wee buggers.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ALPINE-MRPT220-CAR-AUDIO-AMP-AMPLIFIER-2-CHANNEL-MONO_W0QQitemZ220025375605QQihZ012QQcategoryZ18796QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
would this amp do the trick? i'm not sure what model infinity's they are exactly, reference components (an undisturbed woofer cone and a seperate tweeter with crossover), similar ones on ebay look around 75w-90w RMS! so would 50w RMS be worth it? obv don't wanna give it more than the tweeters can handle and push out more bass than mid/high range.

i have 13cm sony 3 ways in the rear pods btw (gives a nice balance) cos i'm not having homo 6x9's again and no room for a sub
loo_goblin

11th Sep 06 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine does that but i know its brocken cost 150 just to replace one speaker :cry:
Will_Sport

11th Sep 06 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it the speaker thats broken + rattling or is it something to do with it being mounted lose/touching other stuff
Lee Wilson

13th Sep 06 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have 16.5cam infinity components in the front too which seem to rattle a bit at high volume but i think this is due to them needing to be amped. If your amping them mate you will need an amp thats around 100watts RMS. This will power them nicely.
Will_Sport

13th Sep 06 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers lee, have been told this on another site (that its best to use a higher power amp at half power than a half power amp at full power lol)

its only the one on the right, and rattles usually with extended bass.... think i've seen others have same problem, need some washers or some sort of space
loo_goblin

13th Sep 06 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah proBABLY SITTING TOO CLOSE TO THE DOOR
Will_Sport

14th Sep 06 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what make of amps do most people go for this sort of power 100rms 2 channel,

out of:
in phase
alpine
kenwood

any links etc would be a help
jonathanw4949

16th Sep 06 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I found on mine that the cones were touching on the inside of the door card grill, i got a stanly knife blade and took a couple of mm off the inside of the grill and job was good again.
Will_Sport

16th Sep 06 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah excellent.... thought they looked a bit close.

want to get some sort of additional spacer first before i have a proper look though.

NEED AMPS ADVISE THOUGH!!! lol
b4l

16th Sep 06 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you can spend lots, then you can afford alpine amps which have great sound quality.

dont bother with inphase, they are a cheap rip off of vibe and vibe is not very good to start with.

kenwood make solid amps at a decent price.

also look at what JBL have to offer, i have a soft spot for them as they offfer lots of good power for not much money
Will_Sport

16th Sep 06 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok thanks for that advise.

kenwood it is then. alpine amps get expensive for the sort of power i'm looking at (100w rms), like up to sub powering prices. but kenwood seem very reasonable so gonna go with one of them then (unless i can find an alpine in the range i'm looking at)

New Poll